It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time for Gates to go, some top Microsoft investors tell board

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   

demongoat
ever used linux? most of the window managers are broken imitations of windows lol!

Dunno what distro your using but I've been testing many Linux distrobutions over the last few months like opensuse, Ubuntu, Debian and many more. I wouldn't say the window managers are broken in any way...yeah they have Windows DNA but they are not broken. My only complaint with Linux would be some of my favourite games/software won't work or aren't available in Linux version. Apart from that I really liked Linux and would definently use it over Windows if Wine was able to better emulate a Windows OS and run all software/games.
edit on 3-10-2013 by hana1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

These are my sentiments as well. I am an IT admin at my company. A few months ago we got a few new machines with windows 8 preinstalled on them. After screwing around with them for a half-day we formatted all of them and installed windows 7. Recently we also just got a bunch of licenses for Office 2013. As of now, no one in the company has office 13 installed on their computer, including any of us the IT people and we get to test everything first. I'm using office 10. There are also no plans in the immediate future to upgrade anyone in the company to office 13.

Microsoft is screwing over its customer base to try to reach out to new markets. This is such a bad business model it's not even funny.
edit on 3-10-2013 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Krazysh0t

These are my sentiments as well. I am an IT admin at my company. A few months ago we got a few new machines with windows 8 preinstalled on them. After screwing around with them for a half-day we formatted all of them and installed windows 7. Recently we also just got a bunch of licenses for Office 2013. As of now, no one in the company has office 13 installed on their computer, including any of us the IT people and we get to test everything first. I'm using office 10. There are also no plans in the immediate future to upgrade anyone in the company to office 13.

Microsoft is screwing over its customer base to try to reach out to new markets. This is such a bad business model it's not even funny.
edit on 3-10-2013 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

At home we are running Office 2007 on all machines (well, my laptop and sons gaming desktop...the wife won't get rid of her 13 year old netbook, so I just installed Chrome for the browser and let her be, and it works great for her small needs on FB and YouTube).

At work i use Office 2010, along with the rest of the office.

I haven't seen office 2013....what is its gimmick?

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Its gimmick is that it uses the windows 8 scheme to navigate. You use the windows 8 tiles to navigate through the interface. I believe that once you select what you want to do, it is similar to office 10, however I haven't used it much since we haven't installed it on any of our machines.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join