It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Damn you, government shutdown!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
So here we are on day 1 of the federal government shutdown. We've heard how much pain this would inflict on us all from both sides and, largely from the White House we've heard quite a bit about how even a single day of government shutdown would have "catastrophic effects" on the economy, the nation, and each one of us in our daily lives. I hadn't really noticed much of anything overly bad yet (knock wood), but mid afternoon I became very aware of a handfull of personal mishaps, accidents, and even painfull happenings and it got me to wondering "Is this because the federal government shutdown?" After much contemplation, I have decided to err on the side of caution and say that these are definitely the result of the government shutdown. I invite you all to join me in this thread, listing the painful moments in your life that occur between now and when this walking manifestation of Hell on Earth, the shutdown, mercifully ends and our normal lives may resume as before.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
8 AM: A dude trying to navigate a hot cup of coffee and a breakfast burrito cut me off in traffic. DAMN YOU GOVERNMENT SHUTDOWN!

11:38 AM: While rushing out to a lunch presentation I simultaneously took the wrong turn and managed accidentally switch my stereo from K-Whale rock & roll over to the hiphop station, damaging both my confidence in my navigation skills and my ears. DAMN YOU GOVERNMENT SHUTDOWN!!!

4:15 PM: The beans from the aforementioned lunch presentation climbed onto their soapbox and began preaching... I hope I'm wrong, but I believe the co-workers in the offices next to mine probably heard my unintetionally loud and reverberating thunder and will likely look at me with a sense of shame and disgust for a few days. DAMN YOU GOVERNMENT SHUTDOWN!!!!!

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
The govm't shut down, caused me to join ATS.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Yea our park is shut down tight and a few of our business r closed for good what the hll is that shows how wonderfull our government really is the jerks

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Lol KWHL rocks.. muhahaha..

S&F just for that

Grim

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure I read this morning that Grand Canyon alone brought in $450,000 PER DAY alone. But, the article isn't there anymore (that I can find anyway). What about the other National Parks like Yellowstone?
Surely there has to be a profit.... if so, why shut it down???

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by tinker9917

Because it is just one big dog and pony show. Don't fall for the hype.

Not a single thing has gone wrong for me and won't

BTW, I live in Australia. ROFL

P

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

My thoughts exactly.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Yes, the last shutdown did cost about 45.000.000.000 bucks.

Surely a good investment... Maybe you should TRY to think about the bull* some of your representives tried to pull through in W/DC?

Because they cost YOU money.

It is not a case of "money not spent is money saved" - this costs a lot of money, much more than will be saved by not paying 800.000 people their salary!

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 02:58 AM
link   

ManFromEurope

Uh, when they're fully operating their spending costs the tax payers an average of 12,000,000,000 PER DAY. So as long as they keep the bastard shut down for more than 3.5 days, that cost balances out quite nicely.

Oh...
11:10 PM: Wife spurns advances, citing stressfull day and headache. DAMN YOU GOVERNMENT SHUTDOWN!!!!

11:11 PM: Cannot find PS3 controller to play some GTA V... suspect it may have fallen between the sectionals on the sofa. DAMN YOU GOVERNMENT SHUTDOWN!!!!

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 05:22 AM
link   

burdman30ott6

ManFromEurope

Uh, when they're fully operating their spending costs the tax payers an average of 12,000,000,000 PER DAY. So as long as they keep the bastard shut down for more than 3.5 days, that cost balances out quite nicely.

I would beg to differ: 300.000.000 per day as costs. Source

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ManFromEurope

That's a shot in the dark guesstimate on overall US economic "damage." Much of the economy right now is smoke and mirrors anyway, so I have a tough time believing any speculations as to whether this is good or bad for it. (Afterall... that Wallstreet implosion that was predicted for yesterday sure didn't happen.)

Yesterday: Wall Street watched the Dow rise 62 points on a day in which the government really wanted/needed it to drop like a rock to show real (imaginary) impacts of the shutdown. DAMN YOU GOVERNMENT SHUTDOWN!!!!

top topics

join