It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will you get Obamacare, YES or NO?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Rosinitiate
My friends mom looked at what it would cost her and because she smokes she has to pay $19,000.00......wow!

Why not just be forced to pocket 19,000.00 a year and for every 5 years if you have any major medical you can deduct the money to buy yourself a Lamborghini. Like what the #?

12,000.00 if she didn't smoke. So what part of this is the affordable part?

Oh.....I get it........Like Hope and Change. Everyone's a comedian, apparently presidents too. Wow, is this not exactly what my grams used to say to me?

Don't piss on my leg and tell me its raining.

edit on 1-10-2013 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-10-2013 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

She was quoted as a smoker to pay $1,583.00 a month, while I was quoted as a smoker of only 235.00 a month. I would of asked for a better quote.

Will I get ObamaCare? No.. I don't need it.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I'm already planning on not paying my taxes when they charge me a $95 penalty this coming year.

I will not be involved with the government's insurance scam!

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   

silenteagle
reply to post by apoc36

No, and wont be fined, I fit into one of the hardship clauses

What are the conditions for this clause, SEagle?

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I will not. My family struggles to get by on what we make. Using the calculator, our premium would be 7,414. But, the government would subsidize 93% of it so it would only cost us 500 a year. 500 would still be rough and the American tax payers don't need to pay the other 93%, its juts not fair. So no, I will not be getting it.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Sanity Lost
No Obamacareless for me. My current health plan does not require me to stand in line with the sheep to see a government doctor. Even if I had no insurance I would say HELL NO, go ahead and take me to jail. I'm not going to be part of something I didn't agree to.

edit on 1-10-2013 by Sanity Lost because: Because editing is so fun.

there is no "standing in line" and there is no "government doctor"....these are the same insurance companies that everyone now deals with, and the same doctors that are now out there... ignorance must be bliss, but does it need to be verbally expressed?

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Slade88green
I will not. My family struggles to get by on what we make. Using the calculator, our premium would be 7,414. But, the government would subsidize 93% of it so it would only cost us 500 a year. 500 would still be rough and the American tax payers don't need to pay the other 93%, its juts not fair. So no, I will not be getting it.

You are going to be paying close to $500 in penalties anyway. Next year you will be paying well above $500 in penalties. I don't know how many people are in your family, but this year it is $95 per person and next year it is $325 per person. So next year, even if it is just you and a spouse, you will be paying more in penalties than you would be in insurance cost...and you will still have no insurance.

$500 a year for health insurance is a deal, it seems you are not going to sign up for it out of spite and stubbornness. But maybe you should think of your family first, and your ideology second.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
No. Why would I want something that someone else is forcing me to buy. It should be my choice if I need something in my personal life. Not a bunch of ass hats that dont care for me and mine but still want my vote. So ummmmm........ I think I will pass yall seat warmers. Maybe one day yall will get it right.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Well, they may be the same insurance companies...but they've all had facelifts.

In addition to the [hopefully] subsidized monthly premium.....the newly insured now faces rather hefty deductibles and copays.
For me, if I get thrown under the bus and should have to get this, the deductible is either $1300 or $5000 per year....money I DON"T HAVE after he premium which will be more than I currently pay.
I really don't see where folks are saying hoe reasonable this is will be

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

links234
Don't forget, you can get your Obamacare here.

I'm not eligible so I won't be allowed to sign up.

hahaha, did you look at that site?

i was checking on penalties, and exemptions...

apparently, if you don't hafta file a tax return, you don't hafta buy insurance, or pay the fee for not buying it.....so that's kinda ok, i guess...

but then, if you're an illegal immigrant, you don't hafta pay the fee for not having insurance....which is funny, because at the top of the page, they justify the fee, by saying that people with no coverage cost us all more money, because we end up picking up the tab....so you pay a fee....but illegals don't pay, and we still pick up the tab...so they kinda defeated their own argument....

the fee is ridiculous....for the first year, it's 1% of your yearly income, or 95 dollars....whichever is higher...

and then year two, it jumps to 2.5%, or 695 dollars, whichever is higher.....what the bloody hell?

and i love how they give the TAX a soft sounding name, so people don't get too butthurt over it..."individual shared responsibility payment" it's almost like orwell never died, and he just advises on the side....it's a tax....if they called it a non-compliance tax, or a choice tax, or a life tax, i imagine people would get pretty pissed....but the name they gave it makes it sound better...this is bollocks..

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by apoc36

Probably will, I am forced too because to keep the same insurance I have now would cost be over double, I am low income so I will get part or most of it paid for, so either that or useless medicaid.
edit on 4-10-2013 by Kaboose because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Yes... Wait a just a cotton pickin' minute.. what I really meant was N-O, H-E-Double Hockey Sticks NO, Negatory, Road Closed Ahead, No Outlet, Dead End, EnOh, Nope, Nah, Nay, Just-Say-NO!!!

I do have a question and this seems like a good place to ask it;

Hypothetically, if I had absolutely 0 income and I hadn't been accepting any government assistance in any form and I refused to sign up to 'Obamascare' (Obamacare), would I incur a penalty for non-participation?
edit on 4-10-2013 by esteay812 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I won't be getting insurance through the exchange if I can avoid it. Right now I have insurance through the company I work for and they have already told us that our policies meet all ACA requirements. Right now I'm paying just under $4500 a year for medical, dental and vision (family coverage). My family deductible is $3k and out-of-pocket max is $9k. Out of curiosity I went here and looked for a silver plan. The lowest cost family plan that actually had data available was a Humana plan at $495.77 a month (medical only) with a $9200 deductible and $12600 out-of-pocket max.

Just hooe my coverage through work doesn't get more expensive.

edit on 10/4/2013 by yadboy because: spelling

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by apoc36

No, I am not getting government healthcare.

But, I am trying to take myself out of this system.

My first step is to rescind on my social security.

edit on 4-10-2013 by LewsTherinThelamon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   

marg6043
reply to post by 727Sky

My husband and I owed back taxes for failure to file in time for 6 years, our accounts were never frozen, so your friend situation may be different, we end up negotiation and paying back within 3 years, but that was it.

In order to understand what will happen if you fail to pay beside fines you need to read the bill and the clause that talks about this fines and the IRS.

But 2016 if the program do not get enough supporters from the mandated class it will fail anyway by then.

Unless legislation is passed to actually take money out of the peoples checks like SS Medicare and Medicaid to pay for the program.

It is an entitlement program after all.

In George's case Austin Tx. IRS got pissed because he did not contact or answer their letters.. He was out of country as his passport showed... Made absolutely no difference.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   

esteay812
Yes... Wait a just a cotton pickin' minute.. what I really meant was N-O, H-E-Double Hockey Sticks NO, Negatory, Road Closed Ahead, No Outlet, Dead End, EnOh, Nope, Nah, Nay, Just-Say-NO!!!

I do have a question and this seems like a good place to ask it;

Hypothetically, if I had absolutely 0 income and I hadn't been accepting any government assistance in any form and I refused to sign up to 'Obamascare' (Obamacare), would I incur a penalty for non-participation?
edit on 4-10-2013 by esteay812 because: (no reason given)

see my post above....if you don't hafta file a tax return, you don't hafta participate in this nonsense..

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Another_Nut

You are absolutely, 100%, correct.

I am right there with you, and not just with Obamacare.

I am sick of this whole system.

The US is such a joke compared to what it used to be, and people sincerely believe that we are "moving forward."

I don't care if I do get fined, I am tired of doing nothing.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienScience

Medical costs would not be so expensive to begin with if it wasn't for health insurance companies.

Get rid of health insurance companies and watch the cost of medicine plummet.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by apoc36

No, I won't. I have insurance through work... and I thought the premiums on it was ridiculous! But Obama Care it out the roof!!

I have a daughter that needs insurance, but right now she is a full-time student and staying with me until she completes school so she can save on rent.
She has no income to buy insurance of any kind. Wonder how they will treat people with no income? The cheapest is around $100/mo. That's $100/mo she doesn't have to pay.
Will they still make her pay the penalty? I don't know how some people are going to make it!!!

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

From what I understand is many states are extending their Medicaid / Medicare program, so If you are on a fixed income or do not make much money you should be able to get your health insurance for free.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   

LewsTherinThelamon
reply to post by AlienScience

Medical costs would not be so expensive to begin with if it wasn't for health insurance companies.

Get rid of health insurance companies and watch the cost of medicine plummet.

Kind of a chicken and an egg thing here.

You can't get rid of insurance companies while healthcare costs are so high, because they won't go down overnight and it would collapse the entire system when costs are so high and no one can pay it without the insurance companies.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join