It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will you get Obamacare, YES or NO?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I am getting it for two reasons:

For my work it is required to have Obamacare or to already have health insurance.

I have terrible asthma brought on by animals (specifically my dog, whom I love deeply) and I need an inhaler to quell it.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by apoc36

Yes, we needed healthcare, and have preexisting conditions, no brainer. The Republicans are idiots for shutting down the govt. I will be joining the recall teams..

The Bot

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

I can see someone making that argument. It just gets scarier and scarier.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 02:25 AM
link   
A resounding Fu*k no, from me.

letscit
quite frankly I am leaning no. I have a difficult situation though as I have a type 1 diabetic child.

Diabetes can be cured by diet alone.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   

calstorm
reply to post by Taissa

So what do people in our situation do?

Prepare to fight.
Fight hard
And know that your fight is the good one.

The time is approaching.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by apoc36

I believe we are all forced to unless we are so poor that we can't afford it.
Kind of irks me. I should have a choice to take it or not. You get fined big time if you don't take it.

It's full out forced on us. NOT right.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Does the fine equal $19,000.00?

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 05:30 AM
link   

sarra1833
reply to post by apoc36

I believe we are all forced to unless we are so poor that we can't afford it.
Kind of irks me. I should have a choice to take it or not. You get fined big time if you don't take it.

It's full out forced on us. NOT right.

The constitution was suspended some years ago and no one batted an eye then. Why do you think these pricks can get away with so much.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Obamacare is a down right grab for your money. Only the ill informed could back such a program.
When the US has a system like Japan, and doctors get paid like doctors in Japan, then I will join in.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   
It's interesting that all the MSM puff pieces want to act like the only issue is the tech glitches on the website. Never touching upon what seems to be getting expressed on this very site, in this very thread.

Goes to show just how out of touch and out of step the really are with the average US citizen.

I don't want to just go out and bash the program, wait, yes I do. But and it's a little but, given the the far reaching arm of this program.

Fact: there are people, families who are considered essentially uninsurable who will now receive insurance. To that margin this is a game changer for them. A simple fix, make it not-mandatory, make it cheaper and yes fix the damn website.
edit on 2-10-2013 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Does anyone think that this whole insurance thing will cause doctors to lower their rates in order to keep their clientele base? If more people are going to stop visiting the doctor because they can’t afford to pay, the doctors will be losing some serious cash.

I know I’m going to shop around for a new Doctor that has reasonable office visit rates. So far, urgent care facilities have been the lowest. I mean, you’re not going to pay $100 for an office call when someone down the street is only charging $50, especially if the visit is coming out of your own pocket.

Maybe they will offer family rates or 2 for 1 deals. I know it sounds silly now, but they got bills to pay too and unless they start to provide some incentives, Susie will stop using her regular doctor and find one that costs less.

And no, I will not be using the exchange, if I did, I would be getting the exact same coverage and lose the benefit of my work paying half the premium, it would be pointless.

Thanks,
Blend57

edit on 2-10-2013 by blend57 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-10-2013 by blend57 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   

ownbestenemy

Here is something else to think about. What if I decide I do not want to insure my adult child before the age of 26? Do they have stance to sue me? I know it sounds weird, but it would be a case. I dump my child before he reaches that ripe age of 26 and they turn around and sue me for not keeping them insured...

This law is atrocious and a calamity.

What makes you think you are forced to insure your adult child? Everything I have read says that you are ALLOWED to insure your adult child until age 26, not REQUIRED to. The requirement is for the insurance companies -- they are required to allow you to insure your adult child if you want to - previously they were not required to do that, so many insurance policies used to force you to drop your kid when they turned 18 (or when they graduated college).

Keep in mind though, that if you decide to drop your adult child from your insurance, they will have the same mandates for purchasing insurance that all other adults have.
edit on 2-10-2013 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I am not eligible, so no.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I got the VA, don't need Nobamacare

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Mine would be 18,432 not including my husband or kids but its not free care any more its low cost if i could afford that just for me id already have insurance huh such a joke

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Rosinitiate
reply to post by 727Sky

Does the fine equal $19,000.00?

Here is what Healthcare.gov FAQs say about the fee:

The fee in 2014 is 1% of your yearly income or $95 per person for the year, whichever is higher. The fee increases every year. In 2016 it is 2.5% of income or $695 per person, whichever is higher. In 2014 the fee for uninsured children is $47.50 per child. The most a family would have to pay in 2014 is $285. It's important to remember that someone who pays the fee won't get any health insurance coverage. They still will be responsible for 100% of the cost of their medical care. After open enrollment ends on March 31, 2014, they won't be able to get health coverage through the Marketplace until the next annual enrollment period, unless they have a qualifying life event.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   

LadyLurker
reply to post by beezzer

Mine would be 18,432 not including my husband or kids but its not free care any more its low cost if i could afford that just for me id already have insurance huh such a joke

did you expect anything different from a govt that is a joke itself ?????????

no, i don't need what they are offering, my health is my business, not theirs, i'll just do what everyone else who can't afford will, just show up at the ER like days gone by and they "have to" treat me for free. see there really is free health care if you jackboot the system like most already are, which is why this crapshoot will never work.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I would rather donate my left testicle to an orphanage of zombie children then participate with one of American History's Greatest Govt power grab.

I am smiling as all of the 0bama supporters that bought into the "free healthcare" crap, are now going to see the truth. That this steaming pile of crap sold is just that, a Govt turd spit polished and sold as a chocolate muffin.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   

DontTreadOnMe
reply to post by calstorm

And, you don't qualify for the subsidy or tax credit??
Something is even more wrong with this plan than I thought

that's because it's not a plan, it's a hustle and many more people will be realizing this in the up coming day's and weeks, we've been had yet again by the fascist pigs in DC.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   

beezzer
I just calculated my Obamacare yearly premium costs.

If my company drops me, I can expect to pay 12,831 dollars a year in Obamacare Insurance.

I went to Healthcare dot gov for the calculations.

If you don't mind me asking, did you opt out after getting the info? I am hearing that even if you opt out after entering your info on Healthcare.gov they send you an email informing you of the penalty for not paying which is far greater than the 95.00 penalty/fine for the first year. I am trying to weed out misinfo I am reading.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join