It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toddler 'gives birth' to his own twin brother discovered living in his stomach

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
A two-year-old boy from Huaxi China, has undergone an operation to give 'birth' after doctors diagnosed him as 'pregnant'. The undeveloped foetus had swelled to 20cm in width and had a fully formed spine and limbs, including fingers and toes

Shocked doctors realised the toddler was ‘pregnant’ during X-rays after his stomach swelled to two thirds its normal size.

]Two-year-old Xiao Feng had absorbed the undeveloped foetus in his mother’s womb and his twin included a fully formed spine fingers and toes.
Doctors said the parasitic twin would have developed into a boy after growing large enough to cause severe breathing difficulties for Xiao.
He had been rushed from his home in Huaxi village and surgeons removed the foetus measuring 20cm wide.

Identical twins form when a single egg splits during fertilisation - as opposed to two eggs both being fertilised.
Conjoined twins form when a split egg fails to fully separate. A ‘parasite’ conjoined twin can survive but not when one absorbs the other.

Ah the poor little guy!

Link

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

I don't care who you are, that's messed up right there.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   

I probably shouldn't eat before logging in ATS...

Weird find nevertheless! S&F!

edit on 1-10-2013 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorChaos

Yeah it's very odd indeed, quite rare but it is known as 'cryptodidymus'

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
That kid has Borg-like tendencies...

"Resistance is futile, you will be assimilated!"

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Wow his is crazy amazing weird sad all at the same time this poor baby will grow up known as the lil boy who ate his brother that will b a crazy story to tell ur grand babies

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Literally his brothers keeper.

I've heard of a woman who, when elderly, discovered she had an unborn foetus in her belly, that for years had gone unnoticed.

Saw a skit on some stupid show recently too, where someone wished he'd never been born.

Flashes away to him as an adult, still inside his mothers belly as she's doing the dishes, and he realises that he was not clear enough in the wish, obviously... lol

Oo

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
doesnt surprise me. I have heard of cases of fully grown adults having operations and the doctors finding fully formed eyeballs and even teeth inside their torso or head. The sibling that they absorbed before birth. There can be only one.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Fetus in Fetu. I saw a show on that. There's also another condition that's similar but I don't remember the name. ETA: Teratoma. It's a cancerous growth and actually can develop teeth and hair.

I worked with a girl one time and she had a twin inside of her when she was born. Crazy.

science.howstuffworks.com...
edit on 1-10-2013 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Oh my god that is the weirdest thing ever!

S&F

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
It can also happen like this, with no sign except DNA.

One person outside: But two people "inside": That's the gist of the chimera, a human being who carries the DNA (and sometimes the body parts) for two. It sounds crazy, but it happens. In fact, doctors think it probably happens more often than we realize. Unless there were some reason to test the DNA from cells in different parts of your body, you could easily be a chimera and never know it One person outside: But two people "inside": That's the gist of the chimera, a human being who carries the DNA (and sometimes the body parts) for two. It sounds crazy, but it happens. In fact, doctors think it probably happens more often than we realize. Unless there were some reason to test the DNA from cells in different parts of your body, you could easily be a chimera and never know

boingboing.net...

Chimeras

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
When I had my ultrasound for my youngest when I was 17 weeks pregnant, I was informed that I had two babies. One (my daughter) measuring 17 weeks gestation and the other measuring at 5 weeks. They believed my pregnancy started out as fraternal twins but one of the babies had stopped developing. They told me that the surviving baby and myself would absorb the one that had stopped developing.

It screwed with my mind pretty bad.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

They call that disappearing twin syndrome (or something like that). They say that happens a lot more often than we think, since the baby is absorbed and the tech of ultrasound is relatively new (last 40 years or so).

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   
My husband apparently absorbed his twin while in the womb. Haven't found any body parts yet.
He does have four nipples though.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   
New Meaning to:
Babies having Babies!

Snakes growing legs, Babies being pregnant, whats next??

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Bilky
doesnt surprise me. I have heard of cases of fully grown adults having operations and the doctors finding fully formed eyeballs and even teeth inside their torso or head. The sibling that they absorbed before birth. There can be only one.

They find clumps of hair, teeth and bones. I had a friend who this happened to. It was explained as a gynaecological problem, with her, not as her unformed twin, or an unformed fetus where she was pregnant.
I always wonder if its possible we can ingest or embed another persons DNA or cells into our own bodies & have this, purely by it being perfect circumstances. If it only takes one cell of DNA to reproduce . I think this has happened to men as well, not just women.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Interesting. Sounds a bit like what I just wondered about in my previous post.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

I wonder if tested, would there be two separate sets of DNA...?

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   

kosmicjack
reply to post by Bluesma

Good question, I have no idea.
I've always said I would like to have two husbands... maybe I do.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   

kosmicjack
reply to post by Bluesma

Hard to say but there have been cases where a mother was denied aid because DNA tests showed she wasn't the mother of the child she gave birth to.

Here's one: abcnews.go.com...

new topics

top topics

join