It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama now says Obamacare will bring months of ‘glitches’

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Excuses for failure are abound

Glitches are all over the place

Websites are down everywhere

People are confused

And *OF COURSE* they have plenty of *reasons*

Hmmm.

Makes me wonder ....

Maybe these *outages* were planned ?

Maybe there really *Isn't* all those people flocking to the exchanges ?

It could be they had the flash mob legions all ready to go.

This could all be fake.

Way too much *MSM Coverage* for my buck.

AND, it seems many conservative websites have been hit with some unusual DOS attacks since midnight !!

An *attempt* to silence the negative comments ???????

Hmmmm.

President Obama said in comments broadcast Tuesday, on the cusp of enrollment in Obamacare’s exchanges, that of course there will be “glitches” in the implementation of the health reform — months of glitches, he added.

He made the remarks to NPR, while expressing confidence that his signature law will provide “the prospect that any American out there who does not currently have health insurance can get high-quality health insurance.”

Obama now says Obamacare will bring months of ‘glitches’

Maybe NOT ?

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork/AP) – The online insurance marketplaces that are at the heart of President Barack Obama’s healthcare overhaul struggled to handle the wave of new consumers Tuesday, the first day of a six-month open enrollment period.

A combination of high demand and technical glitches seemed to overwhelm the online system early in the day. Federal and state officials were working to address the problems, which led to long waits on government websites and a federal call center.

Hmmmm...

Bad Seeds Planted ?

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
If he called them bugs, we'd need an army of Orkin men with industrial strength goo. If he'd called them Gremlins, well... We all saw how to get them in the end... (No offense to our resident Mogwai... He's the nice type).

What do we do with glitches? Is this kinda like everyone is to blame so absolutely no one is to blame? I'm getting real sick of how everything is programmed from the start for failure to be no one's blame. Perhaps all future ideas need the author to take full credit, in advance, for success or failure. It never happens after the fact, that's for certain.

What a mess! months.... I'm thinking years.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Hope and Change

Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Months of glitches??

That's awfully optimisic! LOL

Rose colored glasses or intentional BS? My guess is the latter.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by bozzchem

Oh I am full of hope, that we'll see change... We're getting to have little more than hope left.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Keeping the people busy.

Or are they?

Are so many people really diving into this... thing?

There is no benefit. Immediate or in the future. This does not make sense.

Did anybody here apply today? Nobody that I know did.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   

This is what happens when you have a #-load of people writing policy.

No one is on the same page, the end result is to bulky for the lazy SOB's to read, so they pass it over to their staff who gloss over it and give it a thumbs up so they can keep their jobs.

Etc, etc...

Doomed from the get go.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Come on... It is normal for such a system to have a large number of glitches inside at first. Whatever the cost, whatever the number of people working on something, every larger systems has some "bugs" inside at first. Human error is something that is nearly impossible to eliminate from the play and considering the size and depth of the Obamacare, it might take years to get the system work as it was planned.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Cabin

I imagine that is just what the cards read for the people to say at the Obamacare help centers ...you know, the ones where they won't be getting full time to see benefits themselves? I guess that's one of those bugs. lol... I wrote a thread about the situation for just that in Northern California awhile back. Just one of many.

Those glitches are painful...and must make for such happy, motivated workers. Eager to do their very best.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Cabin

Naaaa...

They've been testing and testing for months.

They have the best engineers money can buy.

This type of program ain't rocket science.

The whole botched up thing was planned.

I don't believe that millions of people were trying to sign up today.

But *They* want us all to think that.

They want everybody on the hay wagon.

One tell tale sign is MSNBC.

Now *WHY* would they even show this as a failure ?????
"MSNBC Anchor Can't Access Obamacare Exchange"

All part of the PSYOPs !!!!

Oops: MSNBC Anchor Can’t Access Obamacare Exchange

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   

I used to work at a high-tech factory. The machines were simply one of the best money can buy in that particular field produced by top engineers in the top companies. A machine braking down and needing a fix was a daily issue on a full-length workday.

Same goes for software. I know several people working in top companies in the world, companies you definetely know about. Making a version without a bug is impossible. Every single version has certain bugs inside, however hard the IT-guys work on it, during my friends nearly 20 year-old career in IT, his companies have never managed to produce a single program without any bug in it.

No bug is ever intended (unless marketing), yet I have yet to find very complex programs/games, which do not require a single free-of-charge update later on to remove the bugs.

That is simply what happens. There might be best minds behind the system, there might extreme finances behind the system - there will still be certain issues left in the system.

The testing is extensive, although it is still nearly impossible to simulate real-world. There are simply too many variables, especially considering that 300 million people will have to use it. It is impossible to foresee everything

I stay to my opinion. It is normal to have certain amount of bugs inside the system and it will take years to get it function without any possible glitches.
edit on 1-10-2013 by Cabin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
He's brought years of glitches so far. I suppose a few more months seems like nothing for him.

They have had quite a while to get this up and running and failed to do so successfully. Too bad they won't take that as a hint.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Cabin

Totally agree. I really don't like Obamacare, but these "glitches" come with even the best of systems. Like you said, there are just too many variables. Now I wouldn't be surprised if it was rushed to release, but I doubt these problems are intentional.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   

AlliumIslelily
reply to post by Cabin

Totally agree. I really don't like Obamacare, but these "glitches" come with even the best of systems. Like you said, there are just too many variables. Now I wouldn't be surprised if it was rushed to release, but I doubt these problems are intentional.

Rushed to release ????

They've been working on this for years

And what other 'best systems' have had these 'glitches' ????

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I'm not believing for a second that "millions of Americans" were signing up on the healthcare exchanges on day one. I listen to AM radio, especially Clark Howard. A LOT of people are calling in with very basic questions.

The general populace has no idea where to even go to sign up.

I'd wager the system is so messed up that the tens of thousands of people that went there today to just check what the price would be for them, crashed it.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   

xuenchen

AlliumIslelily
reply to post by Cabin

Rushed to release ????

They've been working on this for years

And what other 'best systems' have had these 'glitches' ????

They've been working on the idea for years, but I have a feeling the actual implementation didn't get as much attention as it needed. The website for example...who knows how long they spent working on it? They probably hired some dude a couple weeks ago and said "Make a site!", and then ended up surprised when it didn't work perfectly. For something this huge, I doubt they were properly organized.

I suppose "best systems" wasn't a term I intended to have any real meaning. I was just referring to other situations that are organized, and have decent quality assurance, but still aren't perfect.

Look at GTA V. This is a video game for consoles, so they don't have to worry about adapting for varying PC hardware. Everything was built in the game under KNOWN conditions that are completely controlled and unchanging (minus player interaction). They spent years on this too. It's just a game, and a much less ambiguous task than defining a health care plan. They had hundreds if not thousands of people working on this project, and the final product went through an established and rigorous QA process.

Still, at release, one glaring bug among many was that you couldn't park a car in your garage or it would disappear. The game is called GRAND THEFT AUTO, and the one thing that doesn't work is STEALING CARS. This has yet to be fixed too.

Or, look at nuclear power plants and their various QA departments. Half the rules exist because of things that broke or screwed up in the past. These policy makers are some of the top minds in the world (usually VERY experience engineers) and yet, in retrospect, some of the things they overlooked seem pretty simple. 20/20 hindsight I guess.

I don't like Obamacare. I won't sign up for it. I'm not defending it in any way. I'm just saying that these glitches shouldn't come as a surprise and that they aren't necessarily signs of intentional manipulation and ulterior motives.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 05:02 AM
link   
It was rather obvious from the time it was passed that it was going to have bugs in it. Every large piece of legislation with such sweeping changes will. But we can blame you and the rest of the retarded right for the state it is in now. Instead of adjusting it like everyone else knew it would need to be, we have now spent 4 years dealing with repeal efforts. The bill is what it is because the Republican Party refused to compromise in the drafting process. Now that it has been deemed Constitutional, and is law they still refuse to accept it. All the while crying foul because the President won't compromise with them now that it has been upheld and is law. The time for compromise is long since over.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Glitches?

Like his entire reign as President, right?

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 05:09 AM
link   
When Obama said. . .

“Consider that just a couple of weeks ago, Apple rolled out a new mobile operating system and within days they found a glitch, so they fixed it,” Obama said. “I don’t remember anybody suggesting Apple should stop selling iPhones or iPads or threatening to shut down the company if they didn’t.”

I thought to myself, "I don't remember anyone suggesting that Apple make it mandatory to buy the damned iPhones or iPads!

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Microsoft, Ubuntu and the like can roll out updates to millions at a time, but the US government can't handle a few million hits?

Please tell me, they're not using GoDaddy.com to host their sites.

..*edit- Or maybe the NSA can't filter and index the hits fast enough.... I didn't think of that.
edit on 10/2/2013 by abecedarian because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join