The Tea Party has succeeded in shutting down the US Government!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

It's very clear that the president prefers a government shutdown; "PUBLIC BE DAMNED, my polling numbers are way down".

Why? Because, throughout his presidency, Obama has always blamed others (Bush, republicans, TEA Party, et al)...in order to deflect blame for his own failed policies and leadership.

Obama needs a scapegoat now, more than ever...and this is "made to order...Taylor made!" (Mr. Smith Goes To Washington reference apologies : )

edit on 1-10-2013 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   

AlienView
More effective and more dangerous than any terrorists, the anti-government Tea Party has scored a major victory in its agenda of eliminating government to benefit certain powerful interests that stand much to gain by collapsing government authority and generating a Worldwide depression. The attack by terrorists on 9/11 was child's play
compared to the succeeding of the Tea Party's anti-American agenda. Don't be fooled Americans, wake up and see the enemy infiltrators in the US government - A government that will be of special interests, for special interests, and by special interests if these political extortionist get their way.

"THE PUBLIC BE DAMNED"
-William H. Vanderbilt, 1882

PS: Was William H. Vanderbilt the true originator of the Tea Party?
edit on 1-10-2013 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

You are assuming that there is a good faction opposing a bad faction in this crisis.

My guess is that the outcome will be the same (bad) either way.

What you see in the media has been put there for public consumption. What is happening behind the scenes? Probably two bad guy (criminal) factions are vying for control.

Either way the bad guys win and we lose.

(post by nwtrucker removed for a manners violation)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   

leostokes

You are assuming that there is a good faction opposing a bad faction in this crisis.

My guess is that the outcome will be the same (bad) either way.

What you see in the media has been put there for public consumption. What is happening behind the scenes? Probably two bad guy (criminal) factions are vying for control.

Either way the bad guys win and we lose.

You know I used to think that way - both political parties are the same and it is all a game - And maybe in some ways
it is. But if you have been watching what has been going on since Obama became president you will see, and there
are quotes from some Republicans, to back up their agenda to discredit him no matter what. So if universal health
care has advantages, the Republicans would be against it on general principles, especially since Obama advocated it
and championed it. And if means driving the country into a depression, the righteous base of Republican Tea Partiers do not care. - As long as Obama can be stopped and "Let the Public be damned"

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienView

As long as Obama can be stopped and "Let the Public be damned"

Hmmm.

Can't confirm the public is damned yet.

But one thing's for sure.....

It's better than Obama doing what *HE* wants and letting the public be damned !!

The Democrats haven't passed much (if any) meaningful legislation that benefits the majority of the American citizens.

Too much stagnation.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Eight House Republicans were appointed to negotiate a budget deal with Senate Democrats today and actually sat at a table to await some senators.
When no one showed up, the Republicans said it was an example of the Senate Dems’ refusal to negotiate to reach a deal.
House Majority Leader Eric Cantor, joining seven other conferees appointed earlier this morning by House Speaker John Boehner, said “there is a way” for Republicans and Democrats “to work through our differences” but complained that Democrats have refused to negotiate.

“All of us here sitting at a table, waiting for the Senate Democrats to join us, so we can begin to resolve our differences,” Cantor said. “The silliness that is caused by unwillingness to talk, is what we’re trying to avoid, and we invite the Senate Democrats to come and join us so we can resolve our differences and work our way out of this situation.”

The Senate dismissed the House invitation to negotiate a deal, voting on party lines – 54 to 46 – to table the House’s message calling for a conference committee on the continuing resolution.
Ryan condemned Democrats for tabling the GOP’s motion to go to conference with the Senate.

“We want our colleagues to come here and work with us. We want to sit down and get this done. We don’t want to close the government down, we want it to open, but we want fairness,” he said. “We want fairness for all Americans. We don’t want to treat people differently. We want a budget agreement that gets the debt under control, we want to grow the economy, and that’s what we’re here to do.”

abcnews.go.com...
Sounds like they want want most Americas want, To be Treated Fairly, Not Differently.
The Dem's Only Want What Obama Wants, Not What The People Want!

Why was the Government shut down, who wouldn't compromise?

What offices in the Government are still operating?

Obamas!
edit on 1-10-2013 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   

BobAthome
reply to post by boncho

Actually i belive that the present Govt, will be in ProRouge

"Harper government wins time to reshape agenda as Governor General prorogues Parliament"

o.canada.com...

Jordan Press
Published: September 13, 2013, 10:55 am
Updated: 3 weeks ago

OTTAWA — Federal politicians were officially told Friday that they won’t be needed back on Parliament Hill for another month, as the Governor General granted the prime minister’s request to start a new session of Parliament in mid-October.

By granting Prime Minister Stephen Harper’s request for prorogation, Gov. Gen. David Johnston officially killed any government legislation that hadn’t made its way out of the House of Commons,

Which i think is basically the same as Govt. Shutdown.

Yes, I was speaking about the first time he did it I think it was about a year ago. This is what, third time?

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   

thesaneone

Like how the Dems are forcing us to buy a product we don't like.

Are youa actually supporting this maddness!?!

Yeah you dont like it.

But keep the econmey going then protest.

Holding the countrys econemy to randsom on both sides is insane! Especialy the worlds most vital econemy with the reserve currency!

And what funny you far right wingers moan about people on welfare and the jobless.

You do relaise a shutdown like the one 17 years ago could shave 1% of your country growth? Thats 1% off a country in a fragile recovery? Can you grasp the implications? That could throw your country back into recession! That would mean more jobless! Even if it doesnt it will still impact your growth and job creation which still mean less job!

Your shooting your self and everyone around you in the foot. Its crazy!

I mean look at this post:

Carreau
I would like to give the Tea Party a Star and Flag.

Its got 30 odd stars! You cheering for the destruction of your econemy. Its insane!

And when that happens you will get 50 million more on welfare and then you will moan when it was your cheering for shutdown that helped cause it.
edit on 2-10-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   

beg to diff with your biased assertions.

You failed to address my claim that Obama is responsible for the shutdown of government.
Obama is the elected leader of all Americans, ALL representatives.

He has shown himself to lack the qualities that would define a leader.

He is the president. He obviously feels that Obamacare is more important than funding the entire country.

Why?

Why would he do that? Does he want a Cloward-Piven scenario? Does he want to see the country implode?

I just visited the Healthcare-dot-gov site and it calculated my Obamacare insurance (were I to get it) at 12,831 a year. Some savings! (rolling eyes)

Now if you are serious and not just a biased, partisan individual who posts hated-filled items, then I would expect a reasoned rebuttal to my points.

Are you up to the task?
Or are you filled with so much anger and vitriol that the mere mention of a reasoned debate leaves you grasping for the nearest weapon?

*waiting*
reply to post by beezzer

* Apparently, you're still waiting * nuff said.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
On 17th of Octboer when your country defaults I will make sure I will use some of the fortune I make investing against the doller on the save the Americans charitys that will pop up after your propelled into the 3rd world like greece more or less has.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   

beezzer

sheepslayer247
reply to post by beezzer

Ouch Beez!

You don't have to be so mean...

But I think you have a very valid point. Why wouldn't it be absolutely key and first priority for a president to get a CR passed (although an actual budget would be nice) before the protection of a much less needed ACA?

Sadly, the only one asking is someone with a crying bunny avatar on a conspiracy site and not the MSM!

No you are not the only one asking and I answered this exact question with precision on page ONE of this thread.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   

beezzer
reply to post by Indigo5

reply to post by buster2010

Once again, the president obviously thinks that funding the ACA is more important than funding the country.

Yelp all you want, the facts speak for themselves.

No...The President feels that protecting the USA from extremists seizing control of government is more important than funding the country.

All three branches of government have validated this democratically enacted law and the President has received the majority vote and the White house twice.

The TP is looking to circumvent all 3 branches of government and repeal democratically enacted laws for the sake of their minority, ideological agenda. This is how Extremists Regimes work....allowing it to succeed would damage our way of life irreparably.

And this tactic WAS NOT the Presidents idea...it was the TP's idea.

Beez...you are better than this dishonesty.

This is what terrorists say when they try to dictate US policy via threats on innocent Americans..

Obviously the USA thinks their citizens lives are worth less than their Policy X.

Take hostages...make threats...hurt people...then blame other folks for the pain and damage YOU inflict because they did not meet your demands.

You are better than this....defending that logic.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

It is a tax.

Not a broad sweeping social reform.

It is a tax.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Our government defaulted a long time ago.

We are 17 Trillion in debt. We are bloated.

If you want to blame the Tea Party.

You are the one that is misguided. They barely exist.

President Obama crammed the ACA down our throats.

Now the blow back is coming. Go ahead and blame anyone you want.

The fact is our President is a failure as a leader.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   

How very silly. Obama shut down the government over Messiah-care.
The Tea Party doesn't have the kind of power that you are claiming it does.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Self edited ....
edit on 10/2/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   

beezzer
reply to post by Indigo5

It is a tax.

It is a tax.

It's A LAW....Debated and passed via democratically elected representatives in both houses of the legislative branch.

Signed by the executive branch.

Upheld by the Judicial Branch..the highest court in the land.

The President that championed this law won TWO Presidential elections with the majority of American Voters with this law as centerpiece of his platform.

As Jon Stewart explained...When the Giants lost they didn't Shut Down the NFL and demand another 20 points be given to them.

I have always welcomed your opinions however much they differed from my own, but partisanship aside...You are defending folks looking to circumvent all three branches of government to meet their demands...and are doing so by threatening the American Economy with recession/depression.

When a hostage taker threatens innocent women and children in trade for demands that they get their way....It requires a determined will to abandon ethical centers and blame the target of the attack rather than the hostage taker.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Healthcare needs reform. That is a given.

But instead of looking towards ways of reducing costs, Obamacare looks at ways to continue paying the HIGH costs.

THAT'S the problem.

This entire problem has been tackled wrong.

Just because something is a law (Jim Crow, segregation) doesn't instill it with validity or correctness.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   

FlyersFan

How very silly. Obama shut down the government over Messiah-care.
The Tea Party doesn't have the kind of power that you are claiming it does.

I walk into a crowded mall and seize hostages. I threaten to shoot them all unless the US Government immediately repeals...I don't know...the law prohibiting heroin sales. The Gov. refuses...I shoot the hostages and shout to the reporters that I didn't kill them, the President did.

Alternate scenario...the Gov. repeals the democratically enacted law, validated through multiple elections and upheld by the supreme court.

Whew!!! Crisis avoided, lives saved...Until a week later when someone takes school children hostage and demands that pedophilia be made legal.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

beezzer
reply to post by Indigo5

It is a tax.

It is a tax.

TRUE, true...and True!

Supreme Court upholds Obamacare individual mandate as a tax

abcnews.go.com...

Supreme Court upholds Obamacare individual mandate as a tax

news.yahoo.com...