The Tea Party has succeeded in shutting down the US Government!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

You, my friend, have hit the nail on the head! Gov't shutdowns are not a good thing and we need BOTH sides of the political spectrum to realize this and tell their elected rep's to "get back to work....you lazy bums!".

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
AlienView creates a very emotional thread with his/her OP...

and...

disappears...

Leaving all you people arguing amongst yourselves about.... name calling and the blame-game

suckers!

Mission Accomplished

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   

beezzer
Actually, the president has shut down government.
Obama has shown that ACA, apparently, is more important than the rest of the country.

beezzer
reply to post by Indigo5

reply to post by buster2010

Once again, the president obviously thinks that funding the ACA is more important than funding the country.
Yelp all you want, the facts speak for themselves.

Repeating the same lie over and over may work on Fox News.

But, this is ATS.

We have a better class of Right Wing extremist.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   

GuidedKill
Obama has succeeded in being the worst president in my life time hands down.....If any party has to shut down the gov to prevent that moron from causing further damage to this country then so be it. We have been fishing on credit for a long time anyway, maybe this needed to happen.

Harper shut down the government in Canada too, because he didn't get his way. Everyone knew that it was special interest and big business he was fighting for though, and I presume if the Tea Party is against this, all that means is the Koch brothers are against it...

I think you people are your own worst enemy.

You will believe a couple stories here and there of "This law is making me go broke!" by some schmuck who was probably paid off to say it, and everyone seems to ignore the fact that a huge number of special interest and big business don't want the healthcare bill to stand. That usually means it's in their best interest, not yours.

(Unless you work for them. In which case, I can see your stance.)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

You will believe a couple stories here and there of "This law is making me go broke!" by some schmuck who was probably paid off to say it, and everyone seems to ignore the fact that a huge number of special interest and big business don't want the healthcare bill to stand. That usually means it's in their best interest, not yours

I think "Obamacare" is a perfect example of why conspiracies and politics dont always mix to well.

And for the exact reasons you outline above, because people dont like Obama (no one ever likes the guy in charge) they dont like his policies so any chance to attack him and his policies is fair game. So when he has a law like this passed people are against it then start to believe the propaganda of the big health insurance firms who are all part of big pharma. So on the one hand they will believe what big pharma has to say about Obama's health care policies but then at the same time think they are all trying to kill kids with flu jabs.

it does not add up.

people on ATS need to learn to be much more politically objective in order to deny ignorance.
edit on 1-10-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by BritofTexas

But, this is ATS. We have a better class of Right Wing extremist.

It's just too bad we can't say the same for our Left Wing extremist.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Reading all this made me vomit. Now I have to clean it up.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

We'll see if you are so forgiving of Executive orders when the other side is writing them. As for the "government shut down" it is still spending money like a 16 year old girl at the mall with daddy's credit card. This will have no effect on the already crap economy.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   

AlienView
More effective and more dangerous than any terrorists, the anti-government Tea Party has scored a major victory in its agenda of eliminating government to benefit certain powerful interests that stand much to gain by collapsing government authority and generating a Worldwide depression. The attack by terrorists on 9/11 was child's play
compared to the succeeding of the Tea Party's anti-American agenda. Don't be fooled Americans, wake up and see the enemy infiltrators in the US government - A government that will be of special interests, for special interests, and by special interests if these political extortionist get their way.

"THE PUBLIC BE DAMNED"
-William H. Vanderbilt, 1882

PS: Was William H. Vanderbilt the true originator of the Tea Party?
edit on 1-10-2013 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

Sounds like the Democrats got nailed real good this time !!

How could they possibly allow themselves to get hoodwinked by the majority of American citizens ?

Hmmm.

{ The Republican majority in the House represents the majority of the American population }

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Actually i belive that the present Govt, will be in ProRouge

"Harper government wins time to reshape agenda as Governor General prorogues Parliament"

o.canada.com...

Jordan Press
Published: September 13, 2013, 10:55 am
Updated: 3 weeks ago

OTTAWA — Federal politicians were officially told Friday that they won’t be needed back on Parliament Hill for another month, as the Governor General granted the prime minister’s request to start a new session of Parliament in mid-October.

By granting Prime Minister Stephen Harper’s request for prorogation, Gov. Gen. David Johnston officially killed any government legislation that hadn’t made its way out of the House of Commons,

Which i think is basically the same as Govt. Shutdown.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I want to save this post. I think you may eat these words in the next elections.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Carreau

The President wasn't the one that started this the Tea Party did. Obamacare has already been signed into law after that the President was done.

Immigration rules and deportations are the law of the land but dems don't seem to mind bending/breaking those. ACA is law for some of us but not the politicians and their cronies. And I believe the Senate had to change its own rules to get the ACA passed.

Why doesn't Obama handle the immigration problem the same way Reagan did? You know give amnesty to everyone. ACA is the law for all of us politicians are not exempt. What rules were changed?

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Carreau
reply to post by Indigo5

We'll see if you are so forgiving of Executive orders when the other side is writing them. As for the "government shut down" it is still spending money like a 16 year old girl at the mall with daddy's credit card. This will have no effect on the already crap economy.

Correction...this will have a slight negative impact on the larger economy via investor and consumer confidence and hiring. We saw the hit last time. As far as spending...shut-down costs the Gov. and average of 2B a day in additional costs and lost fees. So the TP has succeeded in driving up our debt, whilst the Obama Administration has overseen 4 years of falling deficits at a quicker clip than we have seen since WW2.

So who is racking up bills again? Who holds the purse strings? Who accrued the spending that they now refuse to pay? The answer is ironic and would be funny if it wasn't so effen tragic what the TP is doing to our economy.

AND...we have the debt ceiling debate in two weeks....Boehner's gambit here was to give the TP what they wanted now in hopes that they would pass the debt ceiling raise in two weeks....unfortunately he doesn't realize the depth of mental illness he is dealing with.

We are heading for default...and a second recession will follow, potential depression since our economy is still fragile.
edit on 1-10-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

Judging from the number of star on each response, i'd say the majority isn't agreeing with the OP. GOD BLESS AMERICA!

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   

beezzer
reply to post by Indigo5

Once again, the president obviously thinks that funding the ACA is more important than funding the country.

Yelp all you want, the facts speak for themselves.

And why are you ignoring facts? ACA was already signed and ready to go the TP used the debt ceiling to try to force their demands on the people.

So why you don't you admit that the TP's paymasters are the ones who shut down the government? Because those are the only people that will benefit from the TP's demands. The GOP is also complaining about what the TP is doing funny you don't mention that.

You're right the facts do speak for themselves.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   

six67seven
AlienView creates a very emotional thread with his/her OP...

and...

disappears...

Leaving all you people arguing amongst yourselves about.... name calling and the blame-game

suckers!

Mission Accomplished

Very true. This is a very typical political trolling thread. You can always tell when they post something controversial then bail immediately.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Well, it looks like Obama's paid Government-Initiated Trolls (GITS) are neither considered 'non-essential'...nor are part of Obama's government shutdown.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

They may be losing money but the government is also saving on the billions of payroll so at the end I think it evens out, because the money lost for the employees is money that is not going to be pay back, the government gets to keep it, just like furloughs.

The downside is the local economies, like tourism in national parks and services , Clinton shutdown lasted 28 days with emergency budgets agreements once.

Actually under Clinton the government was shut down two times with the 28 days.

But at the end life goes on, as this shutdowns are not the first and will not be the last, 17 so far since the 70s.

We are still here as a nation. . . life goes on.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   

IAMTAT
Well, it looks like Obama's paid Government-Initiated Trolls (GITS) are neither considered 'non-essential'...nor are part of Obama's government shutdown.

I dont like Obama by the way.

But Sorry calling everyone a troll who isnt far right wing or agrees with your idea is silly!

GET IT INTO YOUR SKULLS

NOT EVERYONE AGREES! SOME HAVE DIFFRENT VEIWS AND POLITICAL LEANINGS!

It goes to show there might be something too that study that says far right wingers are prone to being less intelligent

PS Im not right or left......Im sorta in the center.
edit on 1-10-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join