It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: New battle for Olympics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 05:12 PM
link   
An intense battle to win over the people of the 120 or so members of the IOC is about to start. Five contenders are in the running for the 2012 Olympic Games. Paris is looking the favourite for now being chased by London, New York, Madrid and Moscow. They will declare the winner in Singapore on July 6 2005.

www.sky.com

The most expensive bidding battle in Olympic history is about to begin in earnest.

Their final bid books, supplying minute details of each proposal, have to be delivered to the IOC's headquarters on Monday.

The five cities face a minefield of potential bid-wrecking problems during the next eight months, including even a badly-chosen phrase.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

There are only 8 years to go until the 2012 Olympic Games but the bidding is already fierce.
Paris looks favourite, having successfully hosted both the football World Cup in 1998 and last summer's athletics world championships.

I think the IOC should accept Londons bid because London hasn't hosted a major event since the Football World Cup in 1966.
The U.S. has hosted the Olympics twice in the last 20 years, 1984 and 1996.
Moscow were hosts in 1980 although they were boycotted by the U.S.

I think Paris will win it. I also think that the French will provide good security for the event which is a big bonus in this era.

Related News Links:
www.london2012.org
www.nyc2012.com

[edit on 14-11-2004 by Banshee]

new topics

join