It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mankind

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Listen guys, we are an equal society and women are not second place in any way.
All mankind knows this. Ask any man. Ask someone, and he will tell you the same. History has always been this way. just cos woman has to have the word man in her depiction doesn't mean she is beneath men.
Amen to that.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by taoistguy

History has always been this way.

I have to disagree with that point , I would say that now more than any other time in history women have equality although I feel maybe sometimes women have the upper hand and are just a bit more equal than men .

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Well if i may comment on woman being equal.

Granted they SHOULD be equal. we are all human beings trying to share society together. seems to make sense.

I just dont believe they WANT to be equal.
In my experience. 29 years old. had few jobs in i began working years back. from office-professional, semi skilled labor, crappy fast food, customer service, post college corporate-whore.

I say this with about as much respect as i can in the hidden frustration. every female peer in my age range i have ever worked with in any job type. have worked about 50% as hard as me. did 50% less work then i. needed more days off for just entertainment. picky about hours and days (no these were not all parents or people with second jobs or school, just didnt want to work friday nights or saturdays...)

and this only seems to apply to girls/woman of my generation during the years.

I know its not inherently the case, but something happened where a past generation changed how they raised their daughters.
They want to be independent, yet still want the american dream of a man paying her way.
They want to be respected as equals, yet still want the special treatment of a lady.
edit on 1-10-2013 by Bisman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

taoistguy
just cos woman has to have the word man in her depiction doesn't mean she is beneath men.

That is in English in most other languages woman is not sharing the "man" with the man

We have cultural differences and even religion boosted countries where woman is not even close to equal to man. Like in some muslim ruled countries in court two females voices equals a one mans voice.. that´s not equality.

In "modern" countries females are about equal to men BUT depending to culture and area history what has been a woman place still does play a role. There are still countries where woman is considered to be kept between the stove and fist.. woman rights are not yet where they should be.

Better the standard of living is more equal woman is. Some guys might say woman is more equal than man sometimes BUT when both get the same money of the same job we can talk equality

edit on 1-10-2013 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
The point of my post is to show how "he" is the default useage and this presupposes the inherent sexism and dominance of patriarchy in society. So ingrained in our psyches that it often goes unnoticed.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Yep that is still in english language and not in most others. Conclusion English is sexists language

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I believe that women should be equal but that they should have to earn it. No ducking out of things that men have to do, no complaining. I'm a woman myself and say for example, I think that women should have to fill out draft cards just as men do whenever they hit the age of 18. If there is another draft and women want to be a part of the military, I think that they should have to go and fight just like any man would. I've actually been looking into a place that would allow me to sign a draft card myself if anyone has any resourced, I'd appreciate it.

There needs to be true equality, diss the double standards and stop all of the separation.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Myomistress

Thats quite noble thinking. Earn it? Still in many families in modern societies both men and females goes to daily work, both gives money to run the house but still females mostly do household work, dishes, cooking, cleaning, taking care of kids etc while man opens a beer bottle and becomes a coutch potato.

When males do exactly same amount of work at home as women does then you are titled to draw the military card.

My father is retired from military and i don´t have anything against the womens military service. In my country females can go to army.. but it has been costly to goverment to give them that opportunity. We females are not same in physically, we have those days. In Army here they needed to build new barracks to female soldiers, also showers etc etc. You don´t want them to mingle too much with men as the results are that there will be relationships etc what comes out of it. Women are dedicated when they go to army but every year there are females who tries service but are not able to carry it through, physically and mentally.

As long as military service is voluntary its ok but using miltary service as a base for equality is wrong as we are build differently.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Hahaha that's classic. I dig your intent but this cracked me up!

"Women are eqaul, just ask any man!"

*shoots off into the breeze*

top topics

join