It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would happen if there was no G0vernement WHAT SO EVER???

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
What would happen if lets say the Pres came on the air and explained how the g=v was bankrupt and that they had no choice but to completely shut down. And in less than a month they closed every g-v facility, ever army base, every building. And we were forced to start to fend for ourselves in certain parts of life.

Would we be better off or worse off? And would you want that to happen or not???

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Contrary to popular belief here, the Government is not a big bad evil entity that needs to be abolished.

We need Government to be a functioning society. We need Police departments, Fire departments, Medical Emergency services. We need the USDA so you don't get eaten alive by parasites from Pork. We need the FDA so that you don't get fooled into buying snake oil to cure your cold.

We'd be so worse off without our big bad evil government that after 3 days of pure anarchy a lot of you would be crying and trying to form some sort of functioning government.
edit on 10/1/2013 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

In my opinion, I think our ethical code and set of morals will keep our society together for the first short while. However, decent into chaos will be inevitable as public services and infrastructure start to erode, bands of people will attempt to reform a temporary government, conflicts will likely emerge from that and basically what will happen the country (any country) will segregate along cultural/demographic/class/social lines and it would be a very tenuous relationship between them as they compete for infrastructure and resources.

This would be worst case scenario in that the current government completely falls apart and the money dries up.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
You would get lots of small towns, some better off some not.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   

spartacus699
What would happen if lets say the Pres came on the air and explained how the g=v was bankrupt and that they had no choice but to completely shut down. And in less than a month they closed every g-v facility, ever army base, every building. And we were forced to start to fend for ourselves in certain parts of life.

Would we be better off or worse off? And would you want that to happen or not???

The creditors would want their money back, assuming the President making that statement didn't crash the whole world economic landscape. Chinese passport anyone?

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   

If that happened, the States, well most of them, would still have functioning governments. They would take over and there would be 50 new countries all of a sudden. Maybe some of the states would band together to form new countries, or maybe all 50 would band together to start a new country?

Or maybe the tinfoil conspiracy theorist types had it right, this was the plan to merge the USA, Canada, and Mexico and replace the US & Canadian Dollar, and Peso with the Amero.

The interesting thing would be what would happen with the armed forces? That's a lot of firepower to be had and controlled. Would each state take over their local bases and declare it apart of its independent military? Would the overseas bases be abandoned, or sold to their host countries to get the government out of the deficit?

All this is speculation of course, In a scenario that wild who knows what will happen, but I can assure you that the US military has an OP-PLAN for just an event. They speculate on all kinds of scenarios, so they'd probably take over until order was restored and a new government established. Marshall law.

All food for thought of course...

ETA: Hawaii and Alaska would be in serious trouble!
edit on 1-10-2013 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Response to the Title of the Thread: What then happens is Anarchy. Whether that works out well depends on how civilized and smart the people are. I dont think we`re ready for that just yet. Give it another 500 years.
edit on 1-10-2013 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

MDDoxs

In my opinion, I think our ethical code and set of morals will keep our society together for the first short while. However, decent into chaos will be inevitable as public services and infrastructure start to erode, bands of people will attempt to reform a temporary government, conflicts will likely emerge from that and basically what will happen the country (any country) will segregate along cultural/demographic/class/social lines and it would be a very tenuous relationship between them as they compete for infrastructure and resources.

This would be worst case scenario in that the current government completely falls apart and the money dries up.

"...... You see, their morals, their code...it's a bad joke, dropped at the first sign of trouble. They're only as good as the world allows them to be. I'll show you. When the chips are down, these...These civilized people...they'll eat each other. "

-The Joker
edit on 1-10-2013 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

there would be chaos, people would die, small groups would come together and form tribes, within those tribes government would reform. I think it would be cool, I dont trust the government as it is now, if it were to reform on local levels at least it initially would be less corrupt, and I would have a better chance to "be the change I want to see"

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I reckon the state governments would pick up a lot of the slack, the south would get to seceed again.
Things wouldn`t be as chaotic as people might think they would be.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Inner cities would instantly become looting war zones. The rural areas would be fine. That's one of the reasons I'll never live in a big city again.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Yippee. A state of anarchy in which every bully with or without a gun would be stealing from or killing all the comparatively weak and helpless, because there would be nobody trying to stop them.
If you're a woman, child, or a man not backed by lots of friends, probably hell on earth.
Just what the world has always wanted.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I don't think there would be complete anarchy in the scenario the OP presented a federal government collapse. The state's police forces could handle a lot of the crime.

The main threats would come from invasion or bribery of Alaska and Hawaii away from the Union.

Example: Russia says Alaska join our union and we'll protect you and provide you with funds from our government if we can utilize your resource and pipelines.

That'd be an interesting proposition.

edit on 1-10-2013 by majesticgent because: typing too quickly at work

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
The cities filled to the brim with dependent children would wallow in their own feces until salvation came though and burned them down.

Us in the middle of nowhere would hardly notice until next Summer when all the Massholes arent flooding in for their vacations.

I'd welcome it.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
This is an European view if US goverment would end...

I believe there would be states with invidual goverments, military bases abroad which one owns them? Propably Washington D.C will it keep them on.. don´t think so, most likely boosting own states economy they will sell them to those countries where those are.

If the structure of goverment now will see it´s end i doubt there will be new United states as each state has their problems and there is not enough money to run it united. And its only better to be separate states, trying to build back something which is broken is not easy task, money is not shared equally between the states and that would cause big problems. Take a look what happened in Europe and EU it just doesn´t work. Many countries here have different economical structures, some are doing fine but forced to give more money than they afford to make poorer corrupted countries functional and it seems that its an never ending sinkhole where money goes as the corruption is still on and same countries ask more and more money to fix something which seems not to be fixable.

When US goverment fails. There will be corruption propably in big scale and if it goes to state goverments not everyone is willing to pay for others.

It will be a huge mess..
edit on 1-10-2013 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   

spartacus699

The LAWLESSNESS hidden within many would surface showing the true IGNORANCE projectors as the potential MIRRORS are forgotten. This would make the 4d sides of many become unbalanced in consciousness & mind as they generate nefarious energy w/o acknowledging what WATCHES from say a more metaphysical/paranormal Guiding/Overseeing perspective/standpoint... unaware (ignorance)

OTHERS would ban together W/ ambition and motivation to overcome and then preserver the rinz...
And (await) or make up/rebuild some social structure or await guidance or orders? from.
The Sapiens Sapiens EA*RTH society model of the failing gv systems would or could be a prototype for other gv locations. This is where IGNORANCE can or cannot work its tricks... as others of same species?
&
watching a EA*RTH society model fail as if something deep within them is fulfilled when the self inflicted species wounds are made? w/o seeing the domino effect coming their way as well, 1 man species?

This is speculatively speaking of course from compiled observation mental-social-spiritual (in relation to what is considered lower 4d energy and higher upd energy) data on the species and its self hatred issues.
Question ??? how can you try extremely hard to seek (peaceful) awareness which may alert you of others like you but not look like you for "we are we" so are YOU and yet cannot love thyself as a species? Can cause avoidance/block no matter how hard its tried...

OT

spartacus699

To 1 there are too many known and Unknown dynamics to consider if better off or worst. And NO for the consideration of Future generations 1 would hope some maturity would embrace the collective especially before teachers request exam results. for this current class?

NAMASTE*******

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
The a-holes with the biggest guns would take over. Read a history book to find out........(back then they had swords)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   

In the case of the US there would be a full corporate takeover of everything. Kinda like now without the facade.

Even if that didn't happen it wouldn't be long till another government was built to take its place. Maybe better maybe worse. Historically that is what always happens.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Looka the the morman or amish communities and you get an approximation of a governmentless society.
People help each other because it is the right thing to do and you Gasp! actually know who you are helping and if they can get off their bum and fend for themselves they are shamed into doing so.

Pothole in front of your house you get to fix it yourself.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Hmm no government.

Rape, crime and other things would be increased.

Propaganda would be be thrown between states, to either get more people to come or to become the target of other states..Criminal gangs would hold higher stakes in state decision.

All in all a big flippin target for other countries to take over. China/Russia etc etc

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join