It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What in the world!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
If the feds come to your door and threaten you, just repeat the following speech:

My name is Antar Decimus Meridius,
Starter of the 'What in the world' thread,
Member of the ATS forum,
loyal servant to the true president, Ron Paul.
Layer of a concrete floor,
Owner of a multi-exited house.
And I will have my vengeance,
in this life or the next.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Well, just to be sure you could call the County Assessor and ask her if she has been doing calls of this kind. That's the first thing that I would do.

-If she says yes, then you're all right
-If she says no, I suggest you alert the authorities (I.E. CALL DA POLICE !!!)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Where do you live? Mayberry? lol

So somebody calls and asks how many exits and other details about your home and you provide the information?

Do what you want but....

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Too many ideas are coming to mind, depending on if that was a legitimate phone call or not.

Home raid by crooked authorities.

Or home invasion by bad guys.

Those are the worst of them, but the one of insurance hikes is a very close on the list too.
edit on 1-10-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I would have told them, "i don`t give out personal information to strangers on the phone" then hang up.
if it really is the county and it`s important enough for them to know that info then they will send someone around in person to get the info.
If they don`t send someone around then I would know that:
A) it wasn`t the county
B) it was the county but the info wasn`t important enough for them to know.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Ring the number back from a different phone or mobile, just to put your mind at rest. They should state an official capacity when they first answer a call.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

It could very well have been. But those sort of things are generally done in person, and then you'll receive something in the mail.

How do you confirm any information over the phone? Sounds peculiar to me.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
This sounds very weird! How could they over the phone know you were telling the truth?? I mean you could have told them you have 5 exits in your house when you really only have two, how would they know? Doesn't sound right!

What state do you live in?

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Call the County back and verify that they did indeed call you to ask those question. If it was them, ask why.

I've not had that kind of phone call in the West. Closest comparable call was a Gallup survey on emergency preparedness measures that we have taken in our household. Are we prepared for potential earthquakes, tornadoes, volcanoes, tsunami (how the heck do you prepare for a tsunami?) and etc...Normally don't do surveys but did that one out of curiosity. Surveyor actually pointed out a few weaknesses in our emergency preparedness, lol, which I still haven't rectified. Too lazy.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MadHatter364

Ok.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
As far as I am concerned..my home is my castle and if anyone asks questions over the phone about it, they get short changed. I never give any information over the phone. Might be worth bearing in mind in the future.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Gotta admit antar...

you've been here (at ATS) for how long?

Interesting. I wonder if taking in all of this...stuff... desensitizes you instead of prepares you for the trojan horse?

It might just be the boy crying wolf... but the real moral of that story is -not- "Do not cry wolf." The real moral of that story is "I don't care how many times that boy cries wolf: I'm going up that hill and looking, cause it gonna be for real some day, cause I know them wolves love them sheep for brunch!"

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
it seems a little too weird....there might be people taking advantage of the situations this country is going through and taking it to their advantage...there might be someone planning to raid your house.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   

antar
Say what you will and think what you want, perhaps I am just going out on a cracked limb here to find out if others have had any phone calls like I just received...

The county calls me to ask about the exits in my home. The size, verifying the locations.

Now I have lived here for over 16 years, and NEVER experienced a call like this. To make things more interesting, the lady sounded urgent and very very nervous...

What the hell?

Based on the information you have so far provided, I am 99.9 percent sure this was absolutely NOT a legitimate phone call. I don't mean to alarm you unnecessarily but you need to do something right away about this phone call. Like, today!

As others have already recommended, call the county and request a thorough inquiry into whether any one in the county offices has called you. Upon hanging up, dial the county's sheriff's offices (do it!) and report the call while asking for advice on how to handle this matter.

I've dealt with numerous county and city governmental bodies in my career and what you have reported here simply does not happen.

Did she seriously not provide a single reason for her questions when you answered the call???

Make the phone calls now!

Good luck to you.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Hey antar,

Are you doing ok?

Please send us an update if you don't mind.

Thinking about you.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
It's been 6 days and he still hasn't posted news on this or even logged in.

Odd, he's quite an active member that writes on ATS almost everyday...

It's probably nothing, but I'm a little worried...

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Well Antar, I'm officially worried about you. I hope you'll be back here any day now to calm these fears I have for your wellbeing.

Tomorrow will mark eight days of silence for Antar, whose average posts per day on ATS is 7.27. Forgive me for assuming the worst but I've already determined the general area in which Antar lives by looking at past posts and have searched all recent crime-related news for that area. The news stories I've read do not seem to be related to this OP, but that has done little to quell my suspicion that something is wrong with Antar.

Maybe I'm a worry wort . . .

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I have been subscribed to this too and I agree it is a bit worrisome. I hope everything is ok!

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Just so you all know, antar logged on sometime this morning.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Stinking time jumpers making sure their friends have a quick route out of the home...you have something of importance that they want (I'm being dead serious here).

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join