It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you are not hungry anymore, what will you do?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
We are all very hungry, we need a lot: money, sex, affection, respect, good times, power, goods, a good job, etc etc, we need a lot otherwise we are not happy.

So we are hungry people.

But what if you are not hungry anymore?

What if you eradicate this hungry state, you don't need anything to be happy now. Whats left to do?

You stop acting out of need, whats your motivation now?

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Manula

Have you ever taken a close look at your navel?
Thumbs are pretty cool too.
edit on 10/1/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Manula

Are you asking this question because you are not hungry anymore?

I am hungry and I have a long way to go yet before being totally fulfilled...

48 years old and still hungry........

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Manula

Is Your mind also less crowded? (didn't want to offend by typing "empty" but "empty" in this sense is quite beneficial)

If You get over to Bing™ or Google™ (Your choice) and look up "indigo transitioning into crystal/octarine..." by the author "Sunfell" may be listed under "unveiling"

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Manula

I was literally just monitoring this hunger within myself before I saw your post.

The mere thought of living with this my entire life is exhausting.

I have often been more concerned about my choice to sit with this hunger than do something with it, but your question intrigues me...what if I didn't even have it?

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Manula
We are all very hungry, we need a lot: money, sex, affection, respect, good times, power, goods, a good job, etc etc, we need a lot otherwise we are not happy.

So we are hungry people.

What if you eradicate this hungry state, you don't need anything to be happy now. Whats left to do?

Loss of need means loss of life. A basil that no longer seeks out nutrients, water, and sunlight dies.

In my life the worst times I have experienced are the times when I didn't feel the desire to fulfill a need as much as I once did. I don't believe motivation exists without need.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
When I am well fed, I have the strength to improve my situation, to ensure that I will continue to be fed, and to help feed others.

You can only temporarily pacify your hunger. It will keep coming back, so the best thing to do when you're not hungry is scout for more food sources. Stay one step ahead of hunger.

Besides that, even if one does not act out of need, one can still pursue what they want. I want to help people as much as I can.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Manula

So we are hungry people.

Thats the thing, we can be manipulated because we need food, water, air, love ad finitum so if you make all of it scarce by making people work for food, water, tax them for the air they breathe and make women want a "provider" for the nookie then yes we are in a pickle! We hunger to stop the catch 22 of not being able to gather nourishment self-sufficiently! Dependance is the name of the game.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Manula

The answer is death my friend. All the semantics you play with don't eliminate the human being's need for something. If you stopped being 'hungry' you are dead.
My question is why you asked the question? It seems very odd indeed.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
If you are not hungry you are free to do what you want, but whatever you want to do its not motivated on need, it is motivated in the will to have fun, to create, to help, etc etc, but not on need, i guess it changes everything dont you think?

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Fortunately I don't have to be hungry to enjoy Bacon or Scotch.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Manula

We might then hunger for hunger. If not, there is no reason to live.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by NiNjABackflip

We can only act to feed ourselves? What are we? Junkies?

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Manula

All of that hunger can be reduced to [good] concept (re)production, and the hunger for that will never change - it is the primary function of this reality.

The thing that causes [good] to malfunction is lack of faith. If you are able to overcome your lack of faith, you win - so, work on faith.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Manula

We can only act to feed ourselves? What are we? Junkies?

If by that you mean in every action we fulfil a desire, then I would have to say yes.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by NiNjABackflip

NiNjABackflip
reply to post by Manula

We might then hunger for hunger. If not, there is no reason to live.

we might then hunger to not hunger, if not there is no reason to live
edit on 1-10-2013 by GreyGoo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Manula

Not hungry might as well be a machine. All those basic desires build and mold people. Why do I say that. Because it allows you to learn from experience. Dont want money you end up poor. Dont want something you always wanted. Then theres no goal. Theres nothing to drive you forward without lusts or wants.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Manula

Mine would to be to expand my consciousness. Learn all I could absorb and help all I could.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I believe Buddha addressed this hunger, he called it desire, the most effectively. Basically it states this:

All phenomena, the Buddha once said, are rooted in desire. Everything we think, say, or do — every experience — comes from desire. Even we come from desire. We were reborn into this life because of our desire to be. Consciously or not, our desires keep redefining our sense of who we are. Desire is how we take our place in the causal matrix of space and time. The only thing not rooted in desire is nirvana, for it's the end of all phenomena and lies even beyond the Buddha's use of the word "all." But the path that takes you to nirvana is rooted in desire — in skillful desires. The path to liberation pushes the limits of skillful desires to see how far they can go.

www.accesstoinsight.org...

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I enjoy so many things so much more than food.

I am motivated by challenge, by desire to master something. Eating is something I do along the way to fuel my body, so it can continue providing sensory input for my mind.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join