It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Human Race?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I was thinking of this "The Human Race" and the meaning. We consider asian, african, japanese, etc a race and all humans the human race. Then I got to thinking that maybe the human race really is in a "race" to the finish of something. We see how throughout time race has fought eachother because of different beliefs and one tries to out do the other. Which race will win this "race" and how will it end? Sadly the outcome will not be good. When we the humans of this planet can live as one it is then that we can grow to what we really are.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by I See You
I was thinking of this "The Human Race" and the meaning. We consider asian, african, japanese, etc a race and all humans the human race. Then I got to thinking that maybe the human race really is in a "race" to the finish of something. We see how throughout time race has fought eachother because of different beliefs and one tries to out do the other. Which race will win this "race" and how will it end? Sadly the outcome will not be good. When we the humans of this planet can live as one it is then that we can grow to what we really are.

I don't quite fully understand what you are trying to say, what the heck are you talkin about when you say "maybe the human race is in a race" to finish something?"

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 07:51 PM
link   
yea i don't really understand the full point your trying to get across

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I think he means that the 'Human race' is an actual race (think running on a track) to see which Human race (racism...etc) is going to win.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 12:45 PM
link   
As if we were pawns on a boardgame. Like in the game RISK. A game to see what human race wins. Could it be? From the looks of things and how we treat one another I say probable. Can't count it out. For those who believe in a god or those who believe we were from an alien species. A test of some sort and the meaning of such I don't know.

[edit on 15-11-2004 by I See You]

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   
i get it, but i don't really think so. just because the words sound the same doesn't mean they are related.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 11:24 PM
link   
so are you comparing aliean races or human races? i can tell you humanity is a race of understanding the ability to work with one another. aliens are no comparison since they are probably light years beyond our own people.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Ha Ha I won while you were all talking. Where's my trophy?

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by sturod84
so are you comparing aliean races or human races?

Imagine each 'human race' as a team. The goal of each team is to be the last to survive. And the playing field is earth.

Hope that helped for anyone who still doesnt understand this complex issue.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simulacra

Originally posted by sturod84
so are you comparing aliean races or human races?

Imagine each 'human race' as a team. The goal of each team is to be the last to survive. And the playing field is earth.

Hope that helped for anyone who still doesnt understand this complex issue.

Yes this is a complex issue. We all hate each other, every religion, creed, race, and nationality. Life is not about engaging others but segregating them and using them as enemies to propel your own survival.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Teller
Yes this is a complex issue. We all hate each other, every religion, creed, race, and nationality. Life is not about engaging others but segregating them and using them as enemies to propel your own survival.

I don't hate my Belgian roomate. And he doesnt hate his Nigerian girlfriend whose Jewish.

If we all hated each other, the humans would have been expunged from earth's history a long time ago. If the meaning of life was to use your enemies to propel your own survival, I would think that it wouldnt leave us with much time to smoke a nice spliff on the top of a mountain as we watch the sun set over the horizon.

Life isnt about hate. It really has no place in life...not sure how it got there in the first place.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Life isnt about hate. It really has no place in life...not sure how it got there in the first place.

Beautiful, just beautiful.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Mortality=Materialism=Desire=Suffering=Anger=Hatred
I firmly believe that Bhuddist concept of non-attachment is the path to inner peace, unfortunately it is a rarity in western cultures.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
Mortality=Materialism=Desire=Suffering=Anger=Hatred
I firmly believe that Bhuddist concept of non-attachment is the path to inner peace, unfortunately it is a rarity in western cultures.

On a national scale, Buddhism would never work in America. We have Hollywood. Conan the Barbarian is president of California. Halo 2 was released. Don't forget the next internet browser that everyone is talking about. Cut to commercial. Men, buy these penis enlargement pills, they will make your wife happy. Woman, buy these sexual enhancement pills, they will make your husband happy. Kids, beg your parents to buy this really loud toy, it will make both your parents suicidal. And dont forget to brush your teeth using your new battery operated toothbrush, if you dont your teeth will begin to rot, you will become homeless, jobless, your family will hate you and you will die alone in a bathroom in some mexican canteen. Cut from commerical, new episode of the Apprentice. ITS MUST SEE TV.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 11:24 PM
link   
>>On a national scale, Buddhism would never work in America. We have Hollywood. Conan the Barbarian is president of California. Halo 2 was released. Don't forget the next internet browser that everyone is talking about. Cut to commercial. Men, buy these penis enlargement pills, they will make your wife happy. Woman, buy these sexual enhancement pills, they will make your husband happy. Kids, beg your parents to buy this really loud toy, it will make both your parents suicidal. And dont forget to brush your teeth using your new battery operated toothbrush, if you dont your teeth will begin to rot, you will become homeless, jobless, your family will hate you and you will die alone in a bathroom in some mexican canteen. Cut from commerical, new episode of the Apprentice. ITS MUST SEE TV.

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Teller

Beautiful, just beautiful.

The world would be a better place without hate, but adam and eve had to screw it up for us,i mean, it was just an apple for god sakes, i can live without apples

[edit on 18-12-2004 by the_ham_demon]

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 09:34 AM
link   
There's an interesting book on the subject called "The Boomer Bible" by R.F. Laird. It's a satire of The Bible, and catalogues the attempts by each race to become The Most Chosen Nation. It's a very...interesting...view of World history, and does all it can to offend everyone possible, but in a very funny fashion. If the subject of this thread interests you, I recommend this thread.

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I understand exactly what your trying to say....but I feel there is more to it than that. Until we learn to not only get along with each other, but the other creatures we share this planet with....we will not advance to what we should be...and that will take a looooong time......go read some of the threads just on this site alone.....look at the one in "weapons" about possums.....we are no where near any type of advancement on the enlightenment level

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 09:59 AM
link   
``

the ancient Greeks had a Pantheon of gods that TOYED with us mortals,

...but your concept that humans are in a race...supposes that we (collectively) are
smart enough to enter the race...which, i guess, has a glorious end?

...optimists would see it that way, while others would see us running
on a treadmill/ exercise wheel(see caged rats)- - going nowheres & using a lot of energy to get there!!

-smile....its holiday time-

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by thelibra
There's an interesting book on the subject called "The Boomer Bible" by R.F. Laird. It's a satire of The Bible, and catalogues the attempts by each race to become The Most Chosen Nation. It's a very...interesting...view of World history, and does all it can to offend everyone possible, but in a very funny fashion. If the subject of this thread interests you, I recommend this thread.

My god that was the funniest book I ever read man. I had never actually had to set a book down to laugh before but the chapter on Money was a RIOT. I highly reccomend the book if you haven't read it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join