It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden Strikes Again: A Picture's Worth 1000 Codewords

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Ever wonder where all of those top secret government security leaks have been coming from?

blog.triblive.com...

Biden inadvertently shows media ‘codeword’
October 1st, 2013
US-ISRAEL-POLITICS-OBAMA-NETANYAHUThe vice president revealed a “classified document” at a photo-op in the Oval Office where President Obama was meeting yesterday with Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu.
Or at least the document’s binder.
Saul Loeb, a photographer for AFP/Getty Images, caught Joe Biden with the “codeword.”

blog.triblive.com...

www.theblaze.com... Buttons#
edit on 1-10-2013 by IAMTAT because: link added

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
As interesting as that is...all we really get to see is a project name
Codeword...interesting...gets the imagination going
edit on 1-10-2013 by coldkidc because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
While I admit it's frankly surprising they trust the man with classified information, given his tendency to put his whole leg down this throat, frequently? I'm not sure what this tells as just the binder? That's supposed to be visible to anyone and tell little more than who isn't supposed to see what's inside?

Now what was it about? That's what would be interesting.... Could be anything from Israel's nuke plan (not likely) to Biden's travel plans. Kinda hard to say with him.

edit on 1-10-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
It does show a rather cavalier attitude towards security...doncha think?

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Certainly no worse than situation room photos with paperwork scattered all over the table. They're usually good about blurring out recognizable things, but it's wondrous what modern software can do in simple reflections, for instance. That's the big stuff they seem to care little or nothing about security with...so something like this seems tame. I guess it's become relative. This would have been real surprising in other times. I couldn't imagine Cheney or Gore being photographed that way in a similar setting.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Is the codeword 'codeword' so it helps him remember it?

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

Yep, and I'll bet you ten bucks his computer password is "password"!

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I'm guessing its his list of passwords cleverly disguised under the name 'codeword', nobody would ever think of that, carefully binded in a folder only he has the security clearance to read.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

LOL....that looks like what a kid would make up. Is that really how they do it? Just the word "Codeword"?

These clowns stage everything that they can. I am sure Biden wants to seem relevant, regardless of his Codeword.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000
While I admit it's frankly surprising they trust the man with classified information, given his tendency to put his whole leg down this throat, frequently? I'm not sure what this tells as just the binder? That's supposed to be visible to anyone and tell little more than who isn't supposed to see what's inside?

Now what was it about? That's what would be interesting.... Could be anything from Israel's nuke plan (not likely) to Biden's travel plans. Kinda hard to say with him.

edit on 1-10-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

Well since he has a severe case of foot in mouth syndrome that he just cant seem to shake, maybe what he was holding was nothing more then a 'fake'.
Maybe it was planted, a fake 'op' setup, fake computer files on a certain agencies servers, and him holding that binder, with that 'codeword' innocently being shown to the cameras, to lure foreign agents or something into digging deeper for this codeword and the fake files/data behind it, to trap them/catch them in the act, or to mislead them and/or throw them off the trail of something else, something else which may also be a fake op/plant that's throwing them off something else.
Create a lot of confusion and fakes, and the enemy wont know which way to look or where to go, whats' real, whats fake..meanwhile, you are doing your covert stuff without them even noticing because they are too busy with all your fake stuff.

Or maybe I've been watching too many movies.

top topics

join