It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unexplainable car accident this morning!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I have another thread on here that talks about the high strangeness that has colored my life. But I needed a new thread to tell about something that happened to me this morning. I would also like to hear others' experiences of similar situations.

This morning, 3 hrs ago, I was in a terrible car accident. My son was with me and it involved being hit broadside by a tractor trailer going 60 mph. It was my fault, I guess, since I should have anticipated another vehicle cutting off the truck, who in turn, hit me as I was turning into a median. The truck's brakes locked up and the impact was horrific. Luckily, it was just a two vehicle accident but the damage suffered by the truck was horrific.

Here's the strange part: at the moment of impact, I imagined a bubble encircling me and my son. Although the truck hit us in a T- formation (his front end hit the driver door), I was barely hurt; my son didn't even get a scratch. And, if you can believe it,not a scratch was put on my side door. The front headlight of my minivan was broken but the bumper didn't even break.

There was a cop directly behind me who saw the whole thing. He shook his head and said that he couldn't believe the lack of damage. The semi driver had to go to the hospital but my other son picked up his brother and took him to school. This is the second time I have been in an accident that should have, at the very least, caused me great injury! Besides being a little sore, I am absolutely fine! The cop said that he couldn't see how I didn't get rammed....but I did, I felt the impact but it happened in such slow motion that I knew somehow that I would be fine. What did he hit to cause his truck so much damage? The side front of my bumper and headlight?

I am still all juiced up on adrenaline. I just had to write this down because it is unbelievable.

Has anyone had similar experiences?

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
If the other driver hit you then I'd say the onus is with the other driver not you. Just thought I'd mention that although I wasn't there that's how it's seen in this country (UK). The reason I say this is because I was involved in an accident last week and got hit on the side and spun round 180% but I can't say I felt what you did although I was badly shaken.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Malraux

Glad you are ok.
Have you had a chance to take any pics?
Would help understanding.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Malraux

Congratulations. Getting t-boned on the driver's side and you lived to tell about it? That's astounding. Someone is definitely looking out for you. Go out and buy a few lottery tickets.

Glad to read you and your son are ok. I've been in a couple of accidents, but there was a lot of damage each time.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Malraux

I've had two situations where I was sure I would die in auto accidents and what resulted each time has always puzzled me. Both were unavoidable, approaching collisions, but a second after what should have been the impact, I found myself moving along as if nothing had happened. (I wondered what the other persons experienced.)

Some people surmise that a "guardian angel" intervened and saved their life for some reason. I myself being an admitted UFO abductee with no religious faith, consider that I was saved by the ETs for something we can, I guess, call destiny.

Examine your life and situation.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
You are not Alone!

Read all these threads and learn more about the reality you are living in.

Have fun in the rabbit hole.

What Happened to me

Did I die

And the mother of all

Had a confirmed "Time Slip"

I'm Glad you and your son are both fine and unhurt.

Sirric
edit on 1/10/13 by sirric because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Malraux

Malraux! Good lord,i am so pleased you and your sun is unhurt!-you have been on my mind the past few days-i was wondering why you were so quiet,assumed you were very busy.

I am so glad for you both.I too have been in 2 horrible accidents when i was in my 20's-both involved no seatbelts,cars rolling,windscreens breaking-but not a scratch or bruise or sore muscle-i have often wondered about that.
And i was a passenger on a bike that crashed at speed-had grazed knees from that,though+my leather jean had the knees ruined.
I am so happy that you're both ok-i can't stop saying that

edit on 1-10-2013 by Raxoxane because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Thank you all for the concern! Raxoxane, I will get with you and thanks for the link! I thought my accident 20 years ago was strange but this one takes the cake! I will put up photos but my son has them at school because I had to use his phone.

I am just now starting to calm down and I am only slightly sore but so thankful that my son is safe!

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   

sirric
You are not Alone!

Read all these threads and learn more about the reality you are living in.

Have fun in the rabbit hole.

What Happened to me

Did I die

And the mother of all

Had a confirmed "Time Slip"

I'm Glad you and your son are both fine and unhurt.

Sirric

Thanks for the concern.

Those links proved very interesting, especially since my family has now ordered me to lay down for the rest of the day!

The accident left me so shaken that the cop had to get my registration and insurance card out because my hands were trembling. But there was this strange underlying sense of "what happened?" I had no time to correct the vehicle because I only saw the truck at the moment of impact, or only at least a second or before. But that second seemed to last a minute, a strange sensation like everything was slowing down and then the hit came and it was over. And we were fine! I remember thinking that I had to make sure we didn't get spun around because I wanted to take the hit and not my son.

Maybe there was nothing strange to it. Maybe I corrected enough to not get totally smashed. But I can't believe the truck's damage compared to mine. He had to have hit me hard, which he did but not THAT hard on my end. Maybe my ole soccer mom van is one tough little machine. I don't know. All I do know is that I was going straight across and a truck hit me broadside and we are fine!

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Malraux

Yes, take an easy day to recover from the shock. I do advise you to relax before you jump into this subject and keep an open mind about what this ordeal means to you. Wisdom comes with life experiences that will cause you to ask, and seek the answers to your most inner questions.

Do give thanks to your God or whatever unseen forces that allowed you to be safe. I always do to great reward later.

Sirric

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Malraux

I am glad you and your son are alright! It sounds interesting indeed.

I look forward to seeing the images. Images of your vehicle and the vehicle that struck you would be of great help to understanding what happened.

However, good luck trying to explain this to the insurance company

Stay safe!

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Malraux

It's was the result of evolution some would have you believe....

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Malraux

any accident ive ever been in no matter how minor i always whip out my camera phone or any camera i can get my hands on even if its a cheapy disposable one at the nearest store to photograph it. just in case lies get told trying to squeeze money out of me by insurance or by court, its a good practice,

in this sittuation you have even MORE reason to be takin said photos with such extraordinary claims, yet no photos?

ideally it'd be nice to see photos of exactly where the accident occurred as well as both vehicles from all angles, though after the fact like this we could at the very least still get photos of just your vehicle.
this would help us to try and rationalize if possible what actually occurred, or to at least rule out said rationalizations, hopefully said effort would help affirm the truth of what occurred. if your explanation of 'supernatural' or w/e is the truth said photos couldnt hurt that claim, the lack of them does.

pics please. regardless. congrats on surviving it,
edit on 10/1/13 by pryingopen3rdeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
There's a way to get the police car's dashcam ... I don't know the process used to do that though.

The bubble! I knew about using the bubble for 'other things' but would never have thought of it for an accident.

Glad you are okay.
edit on 1/10/2013 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Are you sure you are ok? A concussion can have very few symptoms as can whiplash until after the adrenaline wears off.

In any accident over 30 mph you should be checked by an EMT or a Dr! You may think are ok right now because you are pumped up.

If you have insurance have you and your son checked. And I hope that everything is ok!

Interesting that bubble bit, I have thought about something similar when involved in an accident

Although a 60 MPH incident with survivors and little damage is rare, I am surprised this didn't make the local news?
edit on 1-10-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
OP-- are you sure you're not actually dead right now?

If you think back to recent conversations, do they seem particularly one-sided? You don't happen to be a child psychologist, do you?
(sorry)

Anyway, all joking aside, I'm glad you're okay. And yes, it sounds like you may have gotten pretty lucky, or maybe even had someone, or something looking over you. Those trucks have a lot of weight behind them. And their breaks don't always do as much as they should. So yeah, quite lucky.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Wow, what a story, first of all, glad you're ok.

They Say that God works in mysterious ways. Angels were definitely
with you.

Take Care.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by pryingopen3rdeye

Thank you for reading my post and concern. I did take photos as I stated earlier...my son's phone takes clearer photos and he took his phone with him when he went to school. He's still at school with football practice. The police also took photos and I am glad he was there when the accident occurred.

But to get back to your reply, I never said it was supernatural or paranormal or anything of the like. I said unexplainable because I have yet to have an explanation. I included it on this forum because I had written earlier of another car accident I had had many years ago. That accident was a bit strange as well...and very dangerous, yet I walked away alive.

Why can't people just listen to something people have to say without throwing in remarks about "proof" and discounting what someone truly believes. Believe me, I have had a lot stranger things happen to me than this car accident and I have no photos of them. I have enjoyed posting on here and expressing things that I have kept hidden for years. I believe my accident was totally strange and unexplainable because I am still alive and my son was not injured.

I didn't hit my head, thank God. The only minor injuries I received were to my left arm, left side, and left hip....no padding on the bootie, I am afraid. It was more of a jarring type injury than full impact and probably seatbelt related but I think I will be sore in the morning!

I will post the pics when I download them from his phone. Like I said, I never claimed supernatural, just unexplainable but then went on to point out some possible answers myself.

The guy driving the truck, btw, is fine. He was polite and called me to update his condition which I was worried about. He said that he was sure he was going to sideswipe me but was happy to see that he only got my front quarter panel. I asked him how he got all of the damage since mine was not as bad and he said he wasn't sure. He said something about possible thin material on his cab, but he was most surprised that he didn't hit me center of the driver door since there wasn't but a second to respond.

I know that someone was looking out for me because that is my belief. I have had several instances of blessing that I don't take for granted. I wanted to share my story because it made me feel so grateful that my son was uninjured and how one second can change a life. I saw no angels or demons coming for me, so I don't think it was my time. But supernatural or purely natural, one has to feel so very lucky to have not been seriously injured.

Again, thank you to all for your well wishes. I wish that the accident hadn't happened but I was proud to have a place to come and tell people who I have grown fond of. I don't know how to link to my other thread.....and it is nothin hp greatly exciting....but that thread has made me feel much better about myself and allowed me to know that I am not alone....Raxoxane.

My adrenaline is down a bit now and, since I am left handed, I'm not going to bore you guys anymore.

Please forgive any grammar and punctuation mistakes I made in this too long post.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
A couple of other things....I am not meant to lay in bed with nothing else to do!

In all of my postings, I try to be as thorough as possible since I joined this medium to open up. The police report says "tractor trailer", so I don't know if my classifying it as a semi is the same thing...I always thought they were the same thing.

Secondly, I don't know what he was hauling, or even if he had a load since it wasn't like a Walmart truck or anything.

Thirdly, I hadn't even thought about asking the deputy if he had a dash cam. That's an amazing idea for finding out what happened. If I can get it and it is allowed, I would love to post it here or on YouTube...never posted a video before!

Fourthly,(is that a word?), there are a million questions I know I should have asked but I was so terrified of what didn't happen. The deputy and driver were both astounded with the lack of injury...the driver has whiplash...spell?...but, other than that, he too walked away with minimal injuries.

Fifthly, I am not 100 percent sure of the driver's speed. The estimate of 60 mph was given to me by the police and because the speed limit was 65...four-lane highway...and I am certain that he did decelerate for at least a second. I was ticketed, however, and received a 160.00 fine for "failure to yield". That fine, I believe, was prudent since I should have anticipated and waited to pull out completely until the truck had passed me. I didn't expect him to have to change lanes...but it could have prevented more accidents.

Finally, I try to be as open and honest as I can be on here and I apologize if I came off sounding a bit snarky in an earlier reply. That is not me. I guess it is hard opening up about things that you know are true within a group setting...which I invited into my life. I will post the pics as soon as I can and thanks again for all the good wishes!

Loved the link, Raxoxane!

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Malraux

I;m glad you liked it,i sent you a message,gonna go to bed now,so tired,as i mentioned,also having a lot of trouble with my BlackBerry connecting,i cannot log out of ATS but i'm not quite logged in either,like a site-connection purgatory

But i will talk to you in the morning,now i have to snooze,i do hope you're not too sore when you wake up.
Bless you Malraux

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join