It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Francis Tosses Out Vatican Constitution. Rewrite Going On Oct 1-3

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Looks like the current Pope is engaging in a major housecleaning of the Vatican and he's gotten seven other cardinsls to help him so it seems change is on the horizon for the Vatican and i wouldn't be surprised if a few of the cardinals and possibly the Pope himself either die under suspicious circumstances or disapear without a trace to where they've disappeared to or who or whom have done the killings.
Let's just keep our ears and eyes open for news of the above happening after the reforms have happened then crosscheck it with others they have died under suspicious circumstances or disappeared without a trace and see what results we get.Might be interesting results.

edit on 2-10-2013 by Conspiracyskeptic because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-10-2013 by Conspiracyskeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I'm a CCD teacher and my class just talked about this Pope. I believe in what he believes in, and that seems to be some change.. He has a good head on his shoulders. I think he'll make the right moves. Hopefully he doesn't suddenly get ill or change his mind…

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Being the shepherd and all, he's trying to lead his flock to "new" pastures, a better "world" where more "order" will prevail. The problem being is that many people know the story of the wolf in sheep's clothing. But few remember the story of the wolf in shepherds clothing.

People should really search Jesuits Black Pope

Major amount of material to digest but it does really add more meat for digestion in assimilating an educated hypothesis.

I would also like to add that Father Malachi Martin who has passed into the next realm wrote and discussed about what has happened at the Vatican, including the installment of Satan as the head of the church in a secret ceremony in both the United States and the Vatican where 2 virgins where sacrificed.

By the way, I am a Christian, I belong to Christ's Church not mans church. Remember in the bible where it says that the Lord is through with traditions? What are traditions? Man made institutions that keep people the same, stifle creativity, and basically keep us enslaved. The status Quot. Two songs come to mind,

and this one originally written and performed by Melvina Reynolds.

So let the Pope do his reordering, he knows the time is short, do you?

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

By it's very nature, Catholicism is stuck in it's ways, literally. The laws to which it conforms are of it's own making and they state that any Pope CANNOT over rule the legislation of any previous Pope. ie the rules that they wrote aren't alterable.

The only things they can do is alter the machinations of how it governs itself.

I think they have to be showing a sense of evolution to survive, though I am sure it wouldn't be anything sufficiently deviant from the core values it holds to. They will undoubtedly endevour in keeping their trad core of followers as they are the mainstay and it is their families that will be most likely to stay as followers.

For appeasing the modern audience and potential audience they will show some leanings towards more contemporary ideals.

If they were to issue a major statement of something of international significance such as new revelations of their machinations and / or previously held information then it would be something the world should take not of, until then it looks more like an attempt at keeping 'in the loop'.
edit on 2-10-2013 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

I've read a fair amount of Eusebius and other early fathers.

I have a couple of thoughts on the church the first 300 years.

1. The oversight was Holy Spirit led and Holy Spirit confirmed.

2. It was not political nor lording it over--particularly in the earlier years.

3. The ecclesiastical STRUCTURE of political power-mongering bureaucrats was foreign to Christ's commission--opposite, actually--and to the Spirit led folks doing their earnest best to SERVE the flock.

4. When the Bishop of Rome was empowered to usurp unto himself grandiose political authority and a raft of applauding co-power-mongers, the rot set in

in a big way.

5. Holy Spirit . . . as He tends to do when folks decide to go their own selfish way--left the building and the structure rather wholesale. imho, He tends to leave most congregations about after about a year and a half unless there is constant renewal at a heart and spirit level.

We shall see if Pope Frances achieves any such significant and genuine renewal. Certainly the power mongers will fight him every step of the way.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   

I think this may not be quite as earth shattering as it appears on the surface. However, given Francis' expressed desire for reform (revolution, even), we'll have to wait to see what's in store. My prediction of one major overhaul that may be coming: instead of celibacy, priests will be allowed to marry.

5) How shocking is it that they would be looking at replacing Pastor Bonus?

Let me put it this way: It’s about as shocking as having the sun come up in the morning.

In fact, it is entirely to be expected.

Unlike the U.S. Constitution, Pastor Bonus is not a 200-year old document that is almost never altered.

It only goes back to 1988, when Pastor Bonus itself replaced the previous governing document, Regimini Ecclesiæ universæ, which was released by Paul VI in 1967.

Furthermore, Pastor Bonus has been amended since it was originally released.

You may remember changes that Benedict XVI introduced in January of this year!

Read more: www.ncregister.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I hope you don't mind, but this again puts us inside the mind of this new pope.

Pope Francis v. Medjugorje?
wdtprs.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   

FlyersFan

colbe
What is happening, spending so much time attacking all of current yet to be approved prophecy and of older ones that speak of the Great Warning. Garabandal, over fifty years ago, the Warning is one Garabandal's main prophecies.

Oh don't start that. There is NO SUCH THING as 'yet to be approved' prophecy. There is no such category. That's NOT TRUE. And Garabandal has been declared to be 'NOT SUPERNATURAL' three times by the Catholic Church.

The information I gave discusses canonized saints who have talked about 'a warning' and 'a three days of darkness'.

For those interested in Church prophecy, be sure to review this link -
ATS Quick Guide to False Apparitions and False Seers
You will not that Garbandal has been declared FALSE .. three times.

edit on 10/2/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

(sorry I wanted to quote both posts but it didn't work out well. OK the thread is not that big, the interested person will scroll back.)

I think the Great Warning has been cancelled because no enough answer from the faithful - only the usual prayer warriors not the masses. Those hardly will climb above 200,000 in numbers. See the visits of websites and videos. May be less than 100,000 from the countries with free internet.

The apparitions show the future predicted events can change or even be cancelled. Those are not necessarily Biblical events. Like 7th Medjugorje secret and others.
However the Chastisement seems not cancelled, rather fast approaching.
It is not only Garabandal speaking about that, so the non-approval of Garabandal do not change that. About Chastisement speak Akita (fully approved), Fatima (fully approved, yet to be revealed real text) and many others, virtually every seer speaks of some kind of chastisement. Also non catholic seers. And saints from 19- early 20 century. We have to accept it seriously, even with such a big delay.

We have to look at the celestial signs to understand what is to come. IF WW3 is somehow averted. May be it is not averted, may be it is the first smaller part of a bigger Chastisement. Not necessarily the End times. No one knows when they come. "When you see the abomination of desolation..." I haven't seen that yet. It is in God's disposal and there might be 5, 50 or 5000 years more, we have to admit it humbly. I don't know the time.
edit on 3-10-2013 by 2012newstart because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   

As a non practicing Catholic, I must say I think this Pope is the best thing to happen to the Catholic church in my lifetime. The man is progressive, modern and evolved - he might actually make me pay attention to my faith for the first time.

I like him!

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Excellent. That tells us more about how he's thinking ... From your site -

“There is another group of Christians without Christ: those who look things that are kind of rare, a bit special, who chase after some private revelations,” whereas instead revelation was concluded with the New Testament. The Holy Father warned about the desire of such Christians to go “to the spectacle of revelation, to hear some new things”. But – and this is the exhortation that Pope directed to them – “Pick up the Gospel!”

in other words ... the Pope says .. DO NOT CHASE APPARITIONS.
Good on him. There are tons of fakes out there.
And some people really don't use any judgment in regards to them.

ETA .. I wonder what he'd think of the APPROVED messages via the Saints that talk about the Church appearing dead and if his rewrite fits into that. I'm betting he'd dismiss them ...
edit on 10/3/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

I want that bet! But only because I hope to loose it...

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

1 - The pope and prophecy came up ON PAGE ONE of this thread because people were speculating that his rewrite of the constitution would perhaps fulfill prophecy. So the tie in is between the re-write AND the APPROVED prophecies of the Church appearing dead in the end times. New constitution means the old church could appear dead.

2 - How on earth you came up with that this thread was about the Pope not being a good leader is really bizarre. The topic is about him REWRITING THE CONSTITUTION. For better or worse, he's rewriting it. That's nothing to say 'shame on a thread topic' about.

3 - And most everyone on this thread has a good opinion of Pope Francis so how you get that people are saying 'he's off on his spiritual decisions' is odd. However, if people think he is, that's their right to think so. I haven't seen much of that with this pope, but if someone wants to think that, that's their right.

edit on 10/3/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
More from Pope Francis on where he wants to go with the Church ...

Reuters - As Reform Talks Start, Pope Vows to Change Vatican Mentality

Pope Francis began landmark meetings on Tuesday to reform the Vatican, promising to do all he could to change the mentality of an institution he said was too focused on its own interests.

ATS Thread - Pope Francis Calls for Decisive Action Against Sex-Abuse Priests

The Pope, How the Church will Change

Pope Francis told me: "The most serious of the evils that afflict the world these days are youth unemployment and the loneliness of the old. The old need care and companionship; the young need work and hope but have neither one nor the other, and the problem is they don't even look for them any more. They have been crushed by the present. You tell me: can you live crushed under the weight of the present? Without a memory of the past and without the desire to look ahead to the future by building something, a future, a family? Can you go on like this? This, to me, is the most urgent problem that the Church is facing.

When the Pope says something is the 'most urgent problem' ... then you can bet that is what he'll be focused in on most.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   

*** ENOUGH ***

The TOPIC of this thread is:

Pope Francis Tosses Out Vatican Constitution. Rewrite Going On Oct 1-3

Not each other and certainly not other threads or their links.

Remain on topic and discuss the INFORMATION presented, not each other.

Further violations WILL result in posting bans of no less than 72 hrs.

~Tenth
ATS Mod

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Well this sucks.

I am not too savvy on the constitution of the Vatican, though I imagine that since its new form is taking cues from the Second vatican council that it will be a crap load of non catholic and heretic based beliefs that will ultimately take to the mold.

God help us.

edit on 10 3 2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join