It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Francis Tosses Out Vatican Constitution. Rewrite Going On Oct 1-3

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Cardinal Oscar Rodríguez Maradiaga of Honduras said that the old “constitution is over.”
I can't over express how big a deal that statement is. It's very, very big !!

Pope Francis will basically be tossing out the old Vatican constitution and will be
replacing it. He has a group of 8 cardinals from around the world that he has
picked to help him do so. Cardinal Sean Patrick O’Malley from Boston is one of them.
Only one - Bertello - is from Italy.

Remember .. the Vatican isn't just the head of the Catholic church with 1 billion followers.
It's also a country.
To be clear - this is a new constitution .. not a new catechism.
This is not a change in beliefs. It is a complete change on how the Catholic church operates.
It's a change of direction. It's a modernization of mechanics ... not of root doctrine.
And it's going to tick off the old establishment.
When that old establishment gets ticked ... people die.
(it wouldn't surprise me if a string of 'surprise' deaths occur in Rome in the next year or two)

Vatican Insider - Francis officially establishes “Council of Cardinals” to advise on Church government and Curia reform

In the chirograph, Francis states: “Now, after mature reflection, I consider it opportune, through this Chirograph, to officially institute as a " Council of Cardinals ‘, whose task is to help in the government of the universal Church and to study a draft revision of the Apostolic Constitution Pastor bonus on the Roman Curia.” ...

The council will not only be addressing the reform of the Roman Curia but will also be responsible for advising on the government of the universal Church.

A clue on what Pope Francis is thinking - Pope Francis - " There's too much centralism in the Church"

Pope Francis is continuing the dialogue he began with founder of Italian newspaper La Repubblica, Eugenio Scalfari, last September. Francis said the one “defect” the Curia has is that it is “too Vatican-centred”. He suggested following in the footsteps of the Second Vatican Council and announced his decision “to look to the future with a modern spirit and to be open to modern culture.”

“Being open to modernity is a duty”. Bergoglio met Scalfari in the Vatican and discussed his plans for Church reform.

Oh .. the old guard at the Vatican are going to HATE him!!

Rome Reports (Video available)

Pope Francis Appoints 8 Cardinals - Revising Church Constitution

Conservatives and traditionalists, however, have reacted with dismay and downright alarm at the direction Francis has taken, particularly in the interview with the Jesuit-run La Civilta Cattolica, in which he bemoaned the church’s obsession with “small-minded rules.”

The seven other cardinals who will attend the meetings are Francisco Javier Errazuriz from Chile, Oswald Gracias from India, Reinhard Marx from Germany, Laurent Monsengwo Pasinya from Congo, George Pell from Australia, Sean Patrick O’Malley from the United States and Giuseppe Bertello of Italy,

edit on 10/1/2013 by FlyersFan because: Spelling

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I too believe this Pope will make big changes happen in church. Some prophecies say this is the last Pope and I`m not sure about this, but I think these prophecies also say that the last Pope will be the antichrist undisguised.

Well, I don`t believe in this kind of prophecies but he sure is acting a lot diferent from all the previous Popes. By saying "diferent" I don`t mean worst.
edit on 1-10-2013 by AQ6666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I don't buy into the prophecies that he's the last pope. I DID believe the St. Malachy prophecies ... but now I, once again, doubt them. I don't think Pope Francis fulfills the prophecies.

At any rate, he's making HUGE changes. And if he waters down the central authority of the Vatican, like he says he wants to, that will take away a big part of the Italian power structure at the Vatican ... and it could tick off those who run the Vatican bank, etc etc.

The last pope to tick off the evil cabal that runs the Vatican Bank ... Pope John Paul I .. was poisoned and died. YIKES!!

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I knew there was a reason I liked this guy.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
This is pretty big.
And I felt that this guy was going to be making some changes.

Jesuits are certainly different.
I'm sure he's ruffling the feathers of conservatives.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Hmmm interesting tho... Wouldn't changing the constitution technically qualify as the end of the *old* Catholic church? That would seem to fit with the prophecy at least in some way IMO.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I think one of the big questions for me is, what is his definition of centralism in the Catholic church? What exactly is he referring to when he speaks of it? The article really doesn't say.

Depending on the answer to that. This could have some very broad and profound implications for the church as a whole.
edit on 10/1/2013 by Klassified because: clarity

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Wookiep
Wouldn't changing the constitution technically qualify as the end of the *old* Catholic church? That would seem to fit with the prophecy at least in some way IMO.

I didn't think of that. You know what .. I think you are right. Technically, by dumping the old constitution and creating a new one, the old Catholic Church is dead. And the prophecies do indeed say that the Catholic Church has to appear dead before the Three Days of Darkness and/or Warning prophecies can come to pass.

Good point. I missed that aspect entirely.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Reform the Vatican, sounds like marketing spin to me, if he allows women priests which are able to progress to the pope level I'll be impressed, that'll be the kind of reform I'd like to see.

He talks to the big G all the time, what does he say, us girls should stay in the kitchen eh.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   

S&F.

Massive news. I believe this to be important in the scheme of things....The Agenda.

What's the bet that the new constitution has a little section on ET.

$100.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

I took it to mean Euro-Centric and Vatican-Centric.
From what I've been reading, he wants to give more authority to the local Bishops
and take away the Vatican as being the all-deciding center of the Church.

It's like he, as head of the church, is taking away a lot of his own authority and
is taking away the power of the Vatican.

Kind of suicide of the Church .. and after death resurrection.

I could be wrong, but that's how I"m picturing it.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   

oxford
if he allows women priests which are able to progress to the pope level I'll be impressed,

Like I said in the opening post ... this is not DOCTRINAL ... it's not a change of beliefs.
It's a change to the constitution. It's a change of direction. It's a change of emphasis.
It's a modernization of all disciplines and directions.

Women not being allowed to be priests is dogma ... not doctrine or direction or discipline.
It can not change. Ever.
Watch for priests to be allowed to be married. That's discipline, not dogma.
Watch for a change in power structure - which is what he's doing by making the church
less -Vatican/Euro centric.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   

That was my impression as well. Which is why I felt the question needed to be asked. The implications of doing such a thing is mind boggling, to say the least. Centralization of Catholic governance is what has kept the Catholic church unified for centuries. De-centralizing it could re-define Catholicism on a global scale. I can't even imagine the Catholic church pursuing this course of action.

edit on 10/1/2013 by Klassified because: grammar

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   

FlyersFan

Wookiep
Wouldn't changing the constitution technically qualify as the end of the *old* Catholic church? That would seem to fit with the prophecy at least in some way IMO.

I didn't think of that. You know what .. I think you are right. Technically, by dumping the old constitution and creating a new one, the old Catholic Church is dead. And the prophecies do indeed say that the Catholic Church has to appear dead before the Three Days of Darkness and/or Warning prophecies can come to pass.

Good point. I missed that aspect entirely.

This intrigues me.

You have a link to the prophecies that say that or owt?

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   

khimbar
You have a link to the prophecies that say that or owt?

I have books that say that. Old (1990s) books on Catholic Prophecy.

Trial Tribulation Triumph Before During and After the Antichrist
Catholic Prophecy - The Coming Chastisement

I had one other book, but I can't remember what the title was. I lent it out.

Click here - Saints throughout the centuries have said the church would appear dead

This has to happen before the 3 days of Darkness or 'The Warning' happen.
(according to prophecy)

ETA .. Yes the exact words were 'the church must appear dead'. I'll keep looking to see if I
can find the exact prophecies and exactly which saints said it. I bet it's in the book I lent out ...

edit on 10/1/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Thank you kindly.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Well its all dogma if you ask me, but I think I got it, there is going to be a vatibank in every town, local branches, like NatWest.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
This is going to be one busy month.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join