It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

International Space Station Live Camera Shut Down

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Phage
reply to post by StealthyKat

Well THAT is a little odd....why is that one still up if it's Nasa?

Firstly it's obviously on a different server.
Secondly, it's an automated system. No humans needed.

The central server, where data storage of each event and automated analysis occurs, also automatically generates a web page each morning containing the particulars of events from the previous night.

articles.adsabs.harvard.edu...

Combination of the two would be my guess. But I wouldn't be surprised if it shuts down before long too.
edit on 10/1/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

Oh I see...thanks Phage! Yeah....I wouldn't doubt it either. No humans needed....it won't be long before that is true in most cases LOL!

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
In the meanwhile the Huff post comes up with this,

www.huffingtonpost.co.uk...
Given the date, 30th September I would expect to see that on Spaceweather.com by now for instance, not necessarily in the stats but as a related article, it's not there.
Of course, since the source is RT, we should completely ignore it.. Meh! it's just RT being mischievous in advance.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Personally, I don't like spaceweather.com much.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   
The thing is, it's the 'International' Space station...
So even if all of NASA's websites are down because of the Gov't shutdown, shouldn't the cameras still be operational and their 'views' accessible thru websites run by other nations who contribute funding to the "International Space Station"?

It just doesn't seem to me that NASA could claim sole 'ownership' (or control) of the ISS cameras...
edit on 2-10-2013 by lostgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by lostgirl

It just doesn't seem to me that NASA could claim sole 'ownership' (or control) of the ISS cameras...

What make you think they did?
What makes you think it isn't a mutual agreement?

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 04:11 AM
link   

the crew responsible for the Voyager 2 space probe wrote late Monday on Twitter. "Farewell, humans. Sort it out yourselves."

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Isn't it amazing how when they don't agree on something, they see fit to just pull the plug on so many things?

How many of you are actually buying this?

This is not the first thing they have pulled that is supposed to inform us of what is going on "out there"

Can anybody here who is so skeptical about any upcoming event, whether it be cosmic, economic or political take over...whatever, because many tend to be skeptical of it all.... can you really say without a doubt now that absolutely nothing is out of the ordinary?

Really?

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 04:23 AM
link   

The only 1 who knows the

Is the goverment shut down on perpose? I mean is a false flag going to happen while Congress is out of the picture and hideing in there bunkers. Will a meteor hit earth that they know about and us sheepies are going to fend for ourselfs? There is a lot of strange meteors in the sky lately that could be the reason for the goverment shut down to not cause a public panic.

Any thoughts?

Search for dangerous asteroids continues despite shutdown

The U.S. government shutdown may have taken NASA's asteroid-warning Twitter feed offline, but it shouldn't affect the search for potentially hazardous space rocks much, scientists say.

NASA announced Monday that the Near Earth Object Office at the space agency's Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena, Calif., wouldnt be sending out tweets from its @AsteroidWatch account during the government shutdown, which went into effect at midnight EDT Oct. 1.

But efforts to spot asteroids that could pose a threat to our planet — such as the Arizona-based Catalina Sky Survey, which has found the majority of new near-Earth objects for the past several years — should keep working normally for some time to come.

"The detection stuff is still going on," said Tim Spahr, director of the Minor Planet Center in Cambridge, Mass., the world clearinghouse for information about newly discovered asteroids and comets.

More at site

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

Again... Shut down of yet another free ass twitter feed. Like that's saving us so much government money.
Meanwhile, they are still looking for asteroids, they are just going to keep looking even harder for new dumb excuses to not tell us about any of it.

Are we really supposed to be that dumb as to think they needed to shut down a twitter feed?

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   

NotAnAspie
reply to post by Pauligirl

Again... Shut down of yet another free ass twitter feed. Like that's saving us so much government money.
Meanwhile, they are still looking for asteroids, they are just going to keep looking even harder for new dumb excuses to not tell us about any of it.

Are we really supposed to be that dumb as to think they needed to shut down a twitter feed?

Next they will have to shut off the internet

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by BrianG

Hmmm. Don't give them any ideas..........but it is interesting how people are adjusting to lack of information in a rather 'twitchy' fashion.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I don't know how credible this site is....but....this is interesting...IF true.
Russian astronomers are claiming a decent sized asteroid came within 12,000 km of earth Friday night.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   

StealthyKat
I don't know how credible this site is....but....this is interesting...IF true.
Russian astronomers are claiming a decent sized asteroid came within 12,000 km of earth Friday night.

Yet another media confirmation of the Werner von Braun asteroid threat prophecy as disclosed by Carol Rosin.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ALLUuvsVkM‎

Just like communism .. and since terrorism and rogue nations have peaked and are in decline, well, they are only a small handful of rogue nations remaining, so that threat is also diminishing. Asteroids will be (since Chelyabinsk) ramping up in frequency and media reportage. It fits exactly with the prophecy.

With the government shut down of American capabilities in space, we won't see the big one coming, but we will feel it hit. And then the government will go hog wild with the asteroid threat, because, a new enemy Asteroids has arrived and we must gather together resources to "fight" that new enemy.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Phage

What make you think they did?
What makes you think it isn't a mutual agreement?

That's my point; I think it would be a "mutual agreement". I was trying to express that just because the NASA websites are down, doesn't mean (as some posters fear) that the ISS cameras are down, because our gov't isn't the only one who funds the space station...

So, what I meant to convey was that those concerned about watching the camera feeds might want to try searching for websites from other nations involved in the ISS...

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Aye, the US Govt funds the website which shows the webcam. Hence its down.

And in the grand scheme of things it's really not a big deal for the webcam to be down a few days. I can't say I even knew it existed before this week! Why would any other nation worry about setting up a website to post images to, just for a few days?
edit on 2-10-2013 by AndyMayhew because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SayonaraJupiter

**Joke Alert**

I guess the next phase and the phase that should seal the deal is "The Aliens" are coming! If we haven't freed ourselves and working in self sustaining communal units, we can just throw in the towel and get in line for our rations of Soylent Green.

(Sorry. Forgot my disclaimer)

edit on 2-10-2013 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Disclaimer added.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

The only 1 who knows the

Is the goverment shut down on perpose? I mean is a false flag going to happen while Congress is out of the picture and hideing in there bunkers. Will a meteor hit earth that they know about and us sheepies are going to fend for ourselfs? There is a lot of strange meteors in the sky lately that could be the reason for the goverment shut down to not cause a public panic.

Any thoughts?

There is always Russia and China. And don't forget ESA. NASA isn't the only space agency in the World.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   

StealthyKat
reply to post by thepolish1

Yes...this whole thing has got me ticked off...but I stay away from politics on ATS LOL....though the ISS cam won't save us from an asteroid LOL, I just enjoy watching it. It provides a glimpse of ourselves from another point of view. When I see that big blue marble spinning through the vastness of space, I picture how small we are in the scheme of things....and it brings some bit of humility to me. Sort of puts things in perpective. Maybe if we took more time to notice things like that, the world would be a much better place.
Yeah...I'm a dreamer LOL!
edit on 10/1/2013 by StealthyKat because: sp

I've stayed away from politics my whole life. I just could never wrap my little pea brain around screwing someone over to get ahead. Our founding fathers would be ever so pi$$ed.

I absolutely love the pic in the op. It does put a lot of stuff in perspective. Kinda like the ending of one of my favorite movies. When Agents K and J open the locker, look in and see lockers for what looked like infinity.
Yeah, I hear ya girl, and I'm right there. People are too busy to appreciate the simple things. Which makes life more astounding.

Something to ponder, think about the vastness of space, how many quadrillions of miles, and think of the smallest thing you can think of and compare the two.....try to invision it side by side. Baffling isn't it?

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Myomistress

IAMTAT

Nice find.
But the notice is blaming it on the government shutdown.
Thanks, Obama!

This is a bi partisan issue, you cannot just blame Obama alone for this. If both sides can't get along and stop fighting and acting like children, then things like this happen. I think honestly our government and constitution need a HUGE revamping to avoid situations like this. Doing everything in twos just does not work anymore.

this isn't even bi-partisan, this is strictly on the republicans...I have watched video clips, seen memos, read tweets where republicans have been "giddy" about a shutdown, and tea party members are "glad that it happened"...tea party candidates back in 2010 said if they got elected they wanted to shut down the government if they didn't get their way....it came right out of their own mouths, for Christ's sake...this isn't some evil liberal propaganda...the republicans have come out in the open and said that is what they wanted to happen, and the entire republican caucus voted with them to go ahead with the shutdown, instead of a "clean continuing resolution" that would keep the government running...
edit on 4-10-2013 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SayonaraJupiter

How true LOL.....how true.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join