It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As the Government shuts down Obamacare opens for enrollments

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
The middle class is about to get hosed again. Health young men and women burdened by a 17 trillion dollar debt, mounds of students loans, part-time jobs (while illegals get theirs)... sad sad sad. This administration is bass ackwards.

What incentive do the sick have to even take care of themselves... more entitlements. As a healthy white middle aged male, I am sucked dry with taxes. Seems everyone gets freebies and I pay for it all. These poor destitute free loaders never even give me as much as a thank you for all the taxes I contribute to pay for their laziness and poor life habits leading to disease and sickness.

To those few who truly need care and assistance, I am happy to pay my fair share, but here in Cali the freeloaders are lining up.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Destinyone
This morning MSM news is reporting the sign up site for Obamacare is experiencing *glitches*, so go to an *in-person* place to enroll.

Only problem is, there are no *in-person* places set up to enroll. On Greta last night, she had an Obamacare WH rep on, to tell people how to sign up today. All he kept saying was to go to the sign up site. Greta then asked him what about people who don't have a computer, what do they do....his enlightened answer....go to gov.com to find an alternate place.

She looked at him like he had 3 eyes and said...don't you need a computer for that? He had NO answer of where to go in person to sign up. Greta kept pressing him for an answer, he said go to the normal places you go for help, like your churches.

REALLY????....churches are set up to sign us up for Obamacare....it was obvious he had no clue what to say, and started pulling dead rabbits out of a hat. Talk about that deer caught in the headlight look...he personified it.

This will go down as one of the biggest cluster***** in POTUS legacy history....as it should!

Des

edit on 1-10-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

Most public libraries have computers that the public can use, likewise smart phones, tablets, gaming consoles, wifi cafees and all sorts of other places. Hell i bet if you asked your neighbor they have a computer.

To be blunt. The question by Greta was one of pure stupidity.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Evil_Santa

My thoughts exactly. Also, if your church does't have a computer, or won't allow it's parishioners who don't have computer access, to obtain information on affordable health care by using their computer, you need to look for another church!

This excuse of not having internet access is akin to saying "I can't see a doctor because I don't own a car."

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Evil_Santa

It was an excellent and viable question. Come up to my rural community and find hundreds of elderly farm folk, who don't have computers, much less a cafe within 70 miles that may have a computer for public use.

You have a very narrow view of what people don't have and should have. I think you just don't like Greta....

Maybe Greta should send all those people without access to your home, to use your computer.

Des

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

So, it's now up to Churches to be sign-up sites for Obamacare? You are too funny.

What the problem is, Obamacare is not ready for roll out. The foundation for implementing this mess, has not been built. Much like the law it's self, it's we'll figure out how to do it, as we do it. Leaving millions to fall between the cracks. They'll be penalized for the short sightedness of the very people demanding they sign up.

It's NOT the churches JOB to make Obamacare happen. BTW, who in the hell is going to teach all the computerless people how to use a damn computer, to even sign up. You forgot that little detail...didn't you. There are millions of people in America who don't own computers. Who, if you sat them in front of one, wouldn't know how to turn it on. Your attitude is very disturbing at best. I guess you are of the younger generation born with a computer at your little tyke fingertips....

Des

edit on 1-10-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

GoldenVoyager
The middle class is about to get hosed again. Health young men and women burdened by a 17 trillion dollar debt, mounds of students loans, part-time jobs (while illegals get theirs)... sad sad sad. This administration is bass ackwards.

What incentive do the sick have to even take care of themselves... more entitlements. As a healthy white middle aged male, I am sucked dry with taxes. Seems everyone gets freebies and I pay for it all. These poor destitute free loaders never even give me as much as a thank you for all the taxes I contribute to pay for their laziness and poor life habits leading to disease and sickness.

To those few who truly need care and assistance, I am happy to pay my fair share, but here in Cali the freeloaders are lining up.

and why wouldn't they line up right? heck you take a small business man, or a full time worker, subtract the expenses of "paying into the system" and see what you have left after every tax is added and doubled because we all know we get taxed on our taxes.

what you will soon find is it will be much more beneficial to get rid of the job, sell the business and off shore the savings then line up for unemployment, what like 56 weeks now? get an EBT card, obama phone, disability if possible, WIC, free health care, and all the time in the world to enjoy it??????????????

who the heck want's to work?????????????????????

this Act and that's what it is an act, is so riddled with corruption and profiteering i'm unsure why every one's ears aren't burning off their heads with the shear level of lies and deceit we have before us. top it off with complete failure to even keep their doors open on opening day and you have the laughing stock of the globe, the new and not so improved USA, home of corruption and 60s level IQ's.
edit on 1-10-2013 by LittleBlackEagle because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

If I had work on the Obamacare program, I wouldn't want to be in the office when it went live as well. Just need a reason to ditch the office for a while, till the heat is off.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Well at least we can be happy that somebody got paid to create this masterpiece page;

HealthCare.gov is overwhelmed with inquisitive minds.

This was predicted yesterday by many ATS members.

Now we *know* what hope and change really means.

** forgot to add;
Look for this same sign in your doctor's window too !!

edit on Oct-01-2013 by xuenchen because:

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

ObjectZero
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

If I had work on the Obamacare program, I wouldn't want to be in the office when it went live as well. Just need a reason to ditch the office for a while, till the heat is off.

the coincidence is impeccable isn't it.

i am very ashamed of my country, i have never felt that as long as i have been alive and it sucks.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Are you guys all poor yet, im still waiting to see proof of this evil health care program.

Ive seen alot of ifs, maybes, right and left propaganda, but still no proof.

Im not here to troll just looking for proof

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

That is why Obama as soon as the healthcare reform was passed took the initial money that was allocated to jump start the program to hired an army of "enforcers" within the IRS and the 7 contracting companies to make sure that people within the system can be hunted down for no getting into the program

In order for the program to work it needs the money of the young and healthy, or the so call poor and needy with pre existing conditions will be eating so much into the program that the government will not be able to come out even in the budgets, also the healthcare insurance will be losing their profits.

What people doesn't understand is that corporate profits in the US are protected by the government, profits first the rest is second.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Maybe this is wrong of me to say...but...the people making the DOS attacks on ATS, should refocus their efforts on a select government site that opened today...just sayin'....

Des

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Destinyone
Maybe this is wrong of me to say...but...the people making the DOS attacks on ATS, should refocus their efforts on a select government site that opened today...just sayin'....

Des

Hmmm.

With all the trouble the ObamaCare websites have *allegedly* been having,

I wonder if that was the plan ?

IMO, I don't believe there were millions of people trying to sign up.

I think the White House has their legions making it look good.

all part of the PSYOPs.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I won't be happy until all of Congress, and all the *special* people who got a pass on Obamacare, have signed up.

It's just plain wrong for them to say, we voted this POS in for you....but...not for us.

Des

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Tazkven

There you go. Finally someone making sense...

It’s kinda ironic to me. All the people who gripe and moan about the freeloaders getting a free ride are the very same ones griping and moaning about the Fed finally making them pay their own way. Make up your minds. Or is it you just want something to gripe about? I have a feeling it’s the latter.

Thanks Tazkven...

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 05:01 AM
link   

dukeofjive696969
Are you guys all poor yet, im still waiting to see proof of this evil health care program.

Ive seen alot of ifs, maybes, right and left propaganda, but still no proof.

Im not here to troll just looking for proof

This is what I am thinking too ...

I know that most all people seem to be against it but I am hoping that it actually changes things for the better, my Dad and a few Uncles who are retired are paying absolutely ridiculous health insurance premiums on a fixed income. My hope is not for disaster but for something that actually HELPS my parents enjoy their retirement more instead of paying out the nose for office visits and prescriptions either directly or indirectly.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 05:11 AM
link   

netbound
reply to post by Tazkven

It’s kinda ironic to me. All the people who gripe and moan about the freeloaders getting a free ride are the very same ones griping and moaning about the Fed finally making them pay their own way. Make up your minds. Or is it you just want something to gripe about? I have a feeling it’s the latter.

Thanks Tazkven...

It is nothing more than people wanting, hoping and wishing Obama fails. The Republicans have led a witch hunt for almost 8 years against Obama and the fallout is driving this country into the ground with the goal to make things so bad that everyone will blame Obama for everything and people eat it up and follow along like lemmings.

I have not agreed with everything Obama has done but I am not delusional enough to believe that the Republicans would do any better, both parties are leading us to the same place and just arguing about which path to take to get there and who is going to lead us there, they are just different sides of the same coin.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   
So, what's happening with all that personal medical info on the government sign up website? Is it a massive database for the NSA now?
edit on 2-10-2013 by GeisterFahrer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Tazkven

netbound
reply to post by Tazkven

Thanks Tazkven...

It is nothing more than people wanting, hoping and wishing Obama fails. The Republicans have led a witch hunt for almost 8 years against Obama and the fallout is driving this country into the ground with the goal to make things so bad that everyone will blame Obama for everything and people eat it up and follow along like lemmings.

I have not agreed with everything Obama has done but I am not delusional enough to believe that the Republicans would do any better, both parties are leading us to the same place and just arguing about which path to take to get there and who is going to lead us there, they are just different sides of the same coin.

You haven't been paying attention have you?

The witch hunt was started by Obama and his cronies when he blamed everything on Bush and wouldn't own his own failures. You don't happen to recall his attack on Fox because they would not march in lock step to his propaganda machine do you?

let me ask you this ... Obama is in his second term - is everything still Bush's fault?

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   

GeisterFahrer

Tazkven

netbound
reply to post by Tazkven

Thanks Tazkven...

You haven't been paying attention have you?

The witch hunt was started by Obama and his cronies when he blamed everything on Bush and wouldn't own his own failures. You don't happen to recall his attack on Fox because they would not march in lock step to his propaganda machine do you?

let me ask you this ... Obama is in his second term - is everything still Bush's fault?

Ah, ye ole blame game and finger pointing. I blame them all for this mess we are in and yea it is a mess, for the Republicans to act like their hands are clean is laughable, we are living with the fallout from many past Presidents from both parties, if you can't tell they are all working together driving us off this cliff and NONE of them accept blame or say they are at fault ... I think it is you who is not paying attention, my friend.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join