It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As the Government shuts down Obamacare opens for enrollments

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Tazkven

FOX News reporting right now, you can't even make a sign in account...they are giving out an 800 number to call...that has approx a 2-3 hr wait until you *may* be able to talk to anyone LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

At least 6 States, including NY can't even access the site......

Oh yeah...Obamacare is a well thought out, pre-planned program...not....

Des

edit on 1-10-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I have no problem with that, I pay for my healthcare and it seems only fair that they should too

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

That would mean it is getting hit hard and a ton of people are trying to signup, I have no problem with that either. I hope it actually does make the price of healthcare go down, whether it will or not is debatable.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I found a place this morning to get a quote. More per week than we pay per month now. I guess I'll stick with what I have

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by mikell

OUCH!

I haven't even begun to see how it compares to my employer provided insurance, the only benefit I see right off is covering preexisting conditions, which many insurance companies do not cover which thankfully I have none.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Destinyone
This morning MSM news is reporting the sign up site for Obamacare is experiencing *glitches*, so go to an *in-person* place to enroll.

Only problem is, there are no *in-person* places set up to enroll. On Greta last night, she had an Obamacare WH rep on, to tell people how to sign up today. All he kept saying was to go to the sign up site. Greta then asked him what about people who don't have a computer, what do they do....his enlightened answer....go to gov.com to find an alternate place.

She looked at him like he had 3 eyes and said...don't you need a computer for that? He had NO answer of where to go in person to sign up. Greta kept pressing him for an answer, he said go to the normal places you go for help, like your churches.

REALLY????....churches are set up to sign us up for Obamacare....it was obvious he had no clue what to say, and started pulling dead rabbits out of a hat. Talk about that deer caught in the headlight look...he personified it.

This will go down as one of the biggest cluster***** in POTUS legacy history....as it should!

Des

edit on 1-10-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

If you could get a five-cluster star bump for that, Des...

I could hear Bernard Herrman's pianist starting up the theme in the back, O my God: "The Day the Earth Stood Down".
All the power on the planet's down, and the boss is clueless:
"Well then call the power company!"

Insert creepy theremin and bubbles exiting federal ears on camera here. Priceless.
What scares me is people just like this have custody of our nukes.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   

FlyersFan
reply to post by marg6043

Somehow, Obama will make us middle class Americans pick up the tab for the
inner city folks who won't pay. Betchya.

Sad part is you are probably right, somehow we always get the shaft ...

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

TYPICAL. The government takes something and gets involved .. making it worse.
They cant do anything right. Why people think that it can run a health care system is insane!!

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   

mikell
I found a place this morning to get a quote. More per week than we pay per month now. I guess I'll stick with what I have

This is not what our POTUS wants you to do. Now he has to find another sucker to replace you in his pyramid health care scheme.

I hope your current insurance company doesn't change your rate like so many others are doing, or outright canceling due to lack of health care providers opting out of their company programs.

Des

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   

FlyersFan
reply to post by marg6043

When we went to have our taxes done, the H&R Block fella said he expected to see a lot of angry
people once Obamacare kicked in. People who don't realize it but they will end up having to PAY
taxes instead of get money back. All because of Obamacare.

I expect a lot of inner city folks to default .. not buy it and not pay the penalty.
What's Obama going to do?? Go arrest all the inner city folks who won't pay??
I can't see Eric Holder doing that.
Somehow, Obama will make us middle class Americans pick up the tab for the
inner city folks who won't pay. Betchya.

With Chief Justice Roberts signing on as the tiebreaker calling this a tax, and an unapportioned one without a contract signature or even fully known considerations---
I believe that jury nullification thing is starting to look pretty good.
I can only hope we can all get acquainted with that process a lot better than the legislature did with the bill before passing it. The republic may even survive financial idiots... but I think Cicero was right about the traitors.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Bicent76
If this goes into the debt ceiling debate, and nothing gets done there, this little hissy fit, will probably be catastrophic, for the USA..

So I am guessing this shut down, will be short.. If it goes into later parts of October, this is a planned stunt.. Its to soon to tell yet..

I think the republican moderates are going to cave in, who knows thou... Nothing has really happened yet..
edit on 1-10-2013 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

Even at the expense of not passing a budget, 76, gridlock at this stage is good. We're essentially winding tourniquets around parts of the federal gooberism that aren't vital ...
and the issues over who's getting robbed are painfully visible.
If this keeps up maybe they'll shut down the bankruptcy courts too. Wo.
Well, I can dream.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   

FlyersFan

They cant do anything right. Why people think that it can run a health care system is insane!!

Remember the debacle with ACORN? Guess what agency is part of the sign up process....hold on to your hats folks....ACORN. That makes sense, hire a known crook to be a part of your new rip-off policy.

Des

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I guess this proves that the republicans were right, obamacare is not ready to be implemented and needs to be postponed for another year.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Destinyone

FlyersFan

Remember the debacle with ACORN? Guess what agency is part of the sign up process....hold on to your hats folks....ACORN. That makes sense, hire a known crook to be a part of your new rip-off policy.

Des

Eigth Protocol: never hire anybody less compromised than you are.
I think with this girder on the walloby's sacroiliac they've hit the Stop Button with all of us.

I Hope. EDIT::
Actually, the personnel responsible for drafting this humungous crapster is quite telling, when you find out Que Boner. This is going to be a great thread-- thanks, Des.
edit on 1-10-2013 by derfreebie because: You can't kill a dead guy-- and quit playing with your food Dave.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Destinyone

FlyersFan

Des

If that's who they got to do the sign up no wonder it's busted already.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Something people are not keeping track of, that will affect their health care, and financial futures. Well worth 3 minutes to read. I pray you are not in any of these 10 States, and on any of the major Insurance companies now opting out of Obamacare, or the State all together.

Ten states where Obamacare wipes out existing health care plans

dailycaller.com...

And here is my State to date...bleak...huh....

10) Georgia: Just five insurers are participating in Georgia’s Obamacare exchange. Medical Mutual of Ohio left Georgia and Indiana as well as South Carolina, due to Obamacare regulations. Aetna, along with Coventry, also decided against participating in the George health exchange.

Read more: dailycaller.com...

Des

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I'm not signing up for this. I'm not paying the penalty for not having insurance either. They can throw me in jail if they want, but I won't be bullied into using Obamacare.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

AlliumIslelily
I'm not signing up for this. I'm not paying the penalty for not having insurance either. They can throw me in jail if they want, but I won't be bullied into using Obamacare.

Then expect the IRS to be making sure you do pay, or you won't be getting any refunds, nor own the title to your assets anymore, as they place liens on them. You'll have no recourse in court, since when does the IRS have to account for anything they do. That is EXACTLY why the IRS was chosen to be the strong arm for Obamacare.

Kinda reminds you of the Mafia...huh...

Des

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   

AlliumIslelily

Outstanding, a tax revolt. You may have a lot of company to go with your bump. They've already got all of my money from unlawfully expropriated refunds anyway.
Derf's Corellary to the Fourth Step: You can't kill a dead guy.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Destinyone

AlliumIslelily

Then expect the IRS to be making sure you do pay, or you won't be getting any refunds, nor own the title to your assets anymore, as they place liens on them. You'll have no recourse in court, since when does the IRS have to account for anything they do. That is EXACTLY why the IRS was chosen to be the strong arm for Obamacare.

Kinda reminds you of the Mafia...huh...

Des

It doesn't look good--- but I also expect a lot of decent people are ready to go camping or worse over this one, Des. And I can't remember if I packed a bugout bag or an E-bag. Hope those Twinkies are still nice and soft for the landing....

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join