It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happend to SETI@Home??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Hey all, I'm just wondering if anyone else is having trouble with their Boinc Manager. I can't get new projects, Berkeley's SETI site is down... Does this have to do with the shut down?? I thought SETI was privately funded... This smells of fish to me...

Any thoughts?? www.setiathome.berkeley.edu isn't even on the web anymore!! What happened??
edit on 1-10-2013 by PollyPeptide because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by PollyPeptide

SETI is privately funded yes, and they have had other planned and unplanned outages before. Curious, will be keeping an eye on this. Seems like US Shutdown hit and ATS went down, temporarily, and this went down. I wonder what other sites have.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Maybe they found a signal but dont want us enlightened by ET. They want to keep us subservient slaves to the system.

Probably DDOS attack on their servers.

Just a note, the Boinc main page at Berkley is up.

Me thinks that while the cats away the mice will play.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by shaneslaughta

Ya I just checked the main page. It wasn't up earlier today. Too much strange stuff going on today!

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Well, this probably explains it.

From their main page:

Weekly Outage and Initial Catch Up
Every Tuesday morning (Pacific time) we begin a four hour data distribution outage for database and systems maintenance. The upload/download servers will be offline during this time. Afterwards you may experience connectivity issues for several more hours as the servers catch up with demand.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Didn't they have an explosion there? Might have something to do with it.

new topics

top topics

join