It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"It's a Good Day for Anarchists" - Harry Reid

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Appeasement? And so fast Madam Former Secretary? I did not dare speculate how demonstrative of my point this example would elicit from you. Nay, there shall be no indulgences of compromise, not while the inequities remain so vast.

I do not propose to walk onto the floor of either of the houses of congress tomorrow and expect to achieve any results. However, in time, as the American people reduce and expunge the myriad layers of parasitic bureaucracy from the local level up to each state's legislature, we will politically arrive en mass from the whole of these United States to challenge and triumph over that circus which you are so quick to chastise for a bit of mock sympathy.

I suggest you prepare your beseechments and make them genuine as they will be the epilogue to this most dubious reign of imperiousness.
reply to post by greencmp

It would be careful of you to notice that your continued ad-hominem attacks aren't persuading anyone. And when I stipulate something, that is in common cause for an argued solution.

I refer you to my earlier posts on the substance, and if you have a reply I await it.
edit on 1-10-2013 by michael22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   

michael22

Appeasement? And so fast Madam Former Secretary? I did not dare speculate how demonstrative of my point this example would elicit from you. Nay, there shall be no indulgences of compromise, not while the inequities remain so vast.

I do not propose to walk onto the floor of either of the houses of congress tomorrow and expect to achieve any results. However, in time, as the American people reduce and expunge the myriad layers of parasitic bureaucracy from the local level up to each state's legislature, we will politically arrive en mass from the whole of these United States to challenge and triumph over that circus which you are so quick to chastise for a bit of mock sympathy.

I suggest you prepare your beseechments and make them genuine as they will be the epilogue to this most dubious reign of imperiousness.
reply to post by greencmp

It would be careful of you to notice that your continued ad-hominem attacks aren't persuading anyone. And when I stipulate something, that is in common cause for an argued solution.

I refer you to my earlier posts on the substance, and if you have a reply I await it.

It is that avatar of yours that prompts my mock personal response, Madam Former Secretary. I can only conclude that it is intentionally designed to evoke the very indignation which you now feign to protest. If you cannot win the argument, it is a convenient yet transparent fallback.

As I said, there is no 'argued solution' which allows the whistle-stoppers, whom you represent in oration and spirit, to retain their undeserved stations.

edit on 2-10-2013 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Tardacus

The difference is, you are going by your definition of "non essential" and not the Government's definition of "non essential".

What the Government considers essential is typically all the things we speak out against.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   

MrWendal
reply to post by Tardacus

The difference is, you are going by your definition of "non essential" and not the Government's definition of "non essential".

What the Government considers essential is typically all the things we speak out against.

Yes, their owns paychecks are clearly 'essential' while coastal waterways can't be allowed to function without their oversight.
edit on 9-10-2013 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Yep. They get payed, meanwhile the neighbor down the hall is on furlough,and most assuredly not getting paid.

Nice, huh?

Blame Obama. Blame obstructionist Republicans. Blame spendthrift Democrats. Blame those pesky TeaPartiers.

Really? How about we share out the blame a bit more fairly... All of us. Every single god damned one of us who can't be bothered to participate in our govt's affairs.

Voting. Helping elect people who actually give a good god damn. Even writing letters to the friggin' editor of your local newspaper. Or any of myriad of other ways that we can, if enough of us actually give two hoots and a holler, make sure that our Congress critters, and the Executive branch; know and respect our wishes...

Or is it easier to roll over and pretend that we can't effect change if we truly wanted to...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join