It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would we nuke the middle east?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tartessian

One should realize that when we deal with armament of such lethal capability , countries are very reluctanct to do so.

An example, Gas was used in WW1, and not used in WW2.

Yeah we didnt use gas in WW2 just two nukes. The US remains the only country to ever use a nuclear weapon in a war. Do people really think the US wouldnt use one again?

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 05:54 PM
link   
First

"Concept" Limited Strike - It is called rataliation in kind. Like a mini MAD.

Christians in Iraq, no kidding and that is why I brought it up. When Saddam was finally gone, what did the Sunni's and Shia's do to the Christians? really nice people there huh?

BTW - Tarik Aziz was a christian.

Saddam Christian??

Oh yeah that's right, people with that idea would believe that Hitler was also.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
But lets just see how the Christians in Iraq are being treated by the moslems as a whole.....do you know?

Tariq Aziz was a Christian, and he was doing just fine under good ol' Saddam.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
Yeah we didnt use gas in WW2 just two nukes. The US remains the only country to ever use a nuclear weapon in a war. Do people really think the US wouldnt use one again?

They would only be used if there were no other option. Unless another country started a nuclear war (not just a nuclear attack), they will not be used.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
On another thread the subject came up about OBL using a nuke on the USA.

I think that woulds be the WORST thing that ever happened to the Muslim world because that would just give our leaders a reason to take off the gloves and responed in kind.

In other words I think we would nuke the crap out of the middle east and TAKE the Oil fields.

And I donmt think there would be a peep out of the UN.

What do yall think?

GReat Idea...ha haa hah aa.. Gee did you think that up all by yourself!!!

how sad is that!!

What do you think would happen after that..did you think that far???

Who's in the Neibourhood !!

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Teller
It is a typical act of ignorance by Americans to misunderstand what a Muslim is. A muslim does not have a country, he does not live in a single state called Muslania. He does not believe and hold the same ideologies as every other Muslim. He does not have the same political convivtions as evry other Muslim. It may help you to know that there are many Muslims fighting in the US Forces, away from their families fighting to protect your rights and freedom and to spread democracy. If that is what the forces are doing indeed. So you can all sit at a PC and spout your mouths off about nuking Muslim holy cites, and saying that most hate America then go to your warm beds safe and secure. While the people who are out risking their lives for your security or abroad and unsafe and maybe one second away from death. There are also Muslim Police officers, firefighters etc in the US of A. A muslim doctor may even save your baby's life.

MAN What Kept you silent for so long...finally someone who knows what he's talking about......Hamdul'alla...sahbi.....(my friend)

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raphael_UO

They would only be used if there were no other option. Unless another country started a nuclear war (not just a nuclear attack), they will not be used.

What do you think a nuclear war is? Russia invented the small suitcase nuke why you might ask? Well to sneak nuclear weapons into the US and blow them up over here, rather then sending them over on a ICBM with your return address on them. This is the whole reason we have nukes to strike back incase they are used on us. It doesnt matter how many some uses 1 or a 100. The response would be the same.

The US knows this and planned for just this type of thing.

Perhaps we would not use a nuke at all maybe a nice anti-matter weapon. Which is 10 billion times stronger ... that of high explosive. This stuff will make nukes look like firecrackers.

sfgate.com.../c/a/2004/10/04/MNGM393GPK1 .DTL

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by cstyle226

Originally posted by The Teller

Originally posted by Amuk
I think the line between the "good" Muslims and the "bad" muslims would disappear right then.

Yeah coz that line of distinction is really solid now isn't it.

Excellent return, Teller.

Touche'!!

I don't think you understand the way Americans (the majority at least) think.

Right now, we believe that the majority of Muslims are good decent people. We have a problem with the radical sect of it, and we have a problem with governments that support them or allow them to operate. The moment we are nuked, that feeling will cease to exist.

At that point, the feeling will be "it's either us or them". We may be the most generous nation on Earth, but I promise you we will pick ourselves over any country or group of people EVERY SINGLE TIME.

If an Arab/Muslim/Islamic terrorist nuked the US, our retaliation would be swift and forcefull.

Count on it....

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrickmastertricK
TO ALL
**Please Keep Personal attacks out, whether it be individual, a religion, or country**

Are we completely ignoring this, people?

Consider this your final reminder on the above subject. Warnings will follow if I continue to see any sort of slurs being bandied about.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
I don't think you understand the way Americans (the majority at least) think.

Right now, we believe that the majority of Muslims are good decent people. We have a problem with the radical sect of it, and we have a problem with governments that support them or allow them to operate. The moment we are nuked, that feeling will cease to exist.

At that point, the feeling will be "it's either us or them". We may be the most generous nation on Earth, but I promise you we will pick ourselves over any country or group of people EVERY SINGLE TIME.

If an Arab/Muslim/Islamic terrorist nuked the US, our retaliation would be swift and forcefull.

Count on it....

I wouldn't count on it...

I know that's how a bunch of America's country boys would feel, chanting "Nuke 'em nuke 'em"....but it just wouldn't happen that way.

You can keep believing that if you want, because it makes you feel "tough," but in reality, it's just not gonna happen.

If a country nuked the US, then sure, there would be retaliation, and I'm sure it would be staggering.

But if a terrorist does it, there is nothing you can do, expect hunt him down...instead of getting sidetracked in other foreign misadventures.

[edit on 14-11-2004 by cstyle226]

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I say we offer 1 Billion Dollars or the equivalent of choice
to any man or group that brings BinLaden to justice
then we take it from there.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by FallenFromTheTree

Another thing about the people that roll with Bin Laden is that they are not swayed by the same greed that America is all about.

Don't you think the 25 million on his head right now is enough to make anyone capable and willing to turn him in, do it?

No...the people who protect Bin Laden are above bribery.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Do you realize how many 'Bin Ladens' are now out there? This is why this war on terror will go on forever, I have said it many times before and Ill say it again.

"As long as free will exists, so will those who seek to hurt others"

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   

and how many Binladins has the US created during these past 3 years ?
get rid of one and another will take his place

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Oh yeah the US government has spent more than that trying to find him. If they can't do it with that kinda money who can?

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I love how cstyle226 nows what our country would do
Please if there was going to be no nuclear reply countries like (Russia during the cold war) and N Korea, Iran would be giving their nukes to terrorist. The list aint that big of countries that can make nuclear weapons it would be hard to find out where they came from. If Russia gave a nuke to a terrorist cell to use in the US its the same as Russia using it themselves in the response the US would have.

but cstyle226 has all the answers he must be friends with Bush

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I have a cheaper and more simple otion than th whole let's nuke everyone, lets invade ME countries, let's give someone a Billion dollars to hand over OBL. Let us give the Palestinian people their own state. Let us stop bowing to the absurd pressure from Israel. Then if OBL or any others trying to emulate him did attack again they would not have the support or backing of many Muslims throughout the world.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 06:26 PM
link   

I love how cstyle226 nows what our country would do
Please if there was going to be no nuclear reply countries like (Russia during the cold war) and N Korea, Iran would be giving their nukes to terrorist. The list aint that big of countries that can make nuclear weapons it would be hard to find out where they came from. If Russia gave a nuke to a terrorist cell to use in the US its the same as Russia using it themselves in the response the US would have.

but cstyle226 has all the answers he must be friends with Bush

Shadow, I am an American, who happens to live in a red state. I know what the people around here think, and of course, they would all be on the streets lynching me, and any other Muslim they could get there hands on.

But the non-ignorant wouldn't be so simple-minded.

dh

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul

and how many Binladins has the US created during these past 3 years ?
get rid of one and another will take his place

Taking bin Laden as a regime puppet, perhaps one - Zarqawi springs to mind

bin Laden as a false demon - however many the regime wish to create to suit the particular circumstances

bin Laden as angry Muslim revolutionary or reactionary ordinary bloke responding to the mass slaughter and mayhem inflicted on those of colour and belief - countless millions - consciously created

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raphael_UO

What do you think a nuclear war is? Russia invented the small suitcase nuke why you might ask? Well to sneak nuclear weapons into the US and blow them up over here, rather then sending them over on a ICBM with your return address on them. This is the whole reason we have nukes to strike back incase they are used on us. It doesnt matter how many some uses 1 or a 100. The response would be the same.

The US knows this and planned for just this type of thing.

Perhaps we would not use a nuke at all maybe a nice anti-matter weapon. Which is 10 billion times stronger ... that of high explosive. This stuff will make nukes look like firecrackers.

sfgate.com.../c/a/2004/10/04/MNGM393GPK1 .DTL

man do you think your talking about a star trek series or what!!!!
anti matter...you must be dreaming!! or drunk....

this is a debate that is losing it's whole meaning...
YOU ALL ..duck & cover..
why don't we ask the vulcans to blow it up or even better vaporize it ??

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join