It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would we nuke the middle east?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by cstyle226
Do you think if a bunch of Muslims came out and said Osama was wrong, that all of a sudden, Osama would think.."Gee, I really am acting like an ass, aren't I? Maybe I should apologize and go get a real job...maybe one of the new McDonalds opening up in Saudi Arabia is hiring...."

Again you miss the point...it is the Moslem world's SILENCE on 911 that speaks volumes......dont you get it?

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrickmastertricK

Actually only about 1/100 of a lethal dose would be the average of radiation, but would have some long term cancer affects. You would have to percisonally point each bomb to cover the area, that the others dont in order to have this happen which would be highly unlikely, if not impossible.

United States and the Soviet Union combined have -- enough to obliterate about a million Hiroshimas.

But there are fewer than 3000 cities on the Earth with populations of 100,000 or more. You cannot find anything like a million Hiroshimas to obliterate.

But the real horror could come from the nuclear winter. Imagine a summer temp of 13 degrees Fahrenheit world wide. The food chain would break down and most ecosystems would be destroyed. Humans might be able to deal with temp changes like that but animals and plants cant.

www.cooperativeindividualism.org...

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger

Look we get nuked and we would not give a # what other countries think, trust me on that one. We are fighting in Iraq today to stop the possibility of this type of attack and most countries are against us.

Pakistan? They cant hit the US??? Their missles only need hit India.

Many nukes in American cities? Would you care to enlighten us on your great inside knowledge?

1. US security sucks ( even after 911 ) red in the news how much flaws there are.

2. information from the californian nuclear security breach

3. as i said for terrorists to get their hands on nukelear material is getting easier these days.

4. pakistain ( read in the news a while ago how they are increasing their missile ranges )

5. dont you think most muslim countries hove ties with nuclear nations
so they can launch back.

6. Iraq ( thats just a load of sh*t , no WMDs unless you count their bad breath as a bio weapon )

7. what makes you think the entire world will stand by and watch you nuke everynation you desire

8. you want me to draw you a diogram

dh

link   

No , you didnt listen. They need to come out and condem these acts in public manners not the token crap we have seen. The Moslem world needs to help stop the radicals in which they are not doing at the moment for the most part and you know it.

Do you think if a bunch of Muslims came out and said Osama was wrong, that all of a sudden, Osama would think.."Gee, I really am acting like an ass, aren't I? Maybe I should apologize and go get a real job...maybe one of the new McDonalds opening up in Saudi Arabia is hiring...."

NO...He would just call them traitors and do it anyway...so there is nothing anyone can do to stop him, other than capturing him...and if the idiot US government didn't get sidetracked in Iraq, this discussion wouldn't be happening in the first place.

Fair enough, but please bear in mind that however angry fighting Muslims who've lost homes and had family slaughtered needlessly they have created, the bin Laden, Zarqawi,Saddam types are all a creation of the globalists propaganda, a phantom nightmare created specifically for consumption by Western consciousness
To create deluded edslinger dupes as widespread as possible
The world has evidently divided 50/50 into the deluded killer brainwashed, and the resistors

link   

Again you miss the point...it is the Moslem world's SILENCE on 911 that speaks volumes......dont you get it?

HEY ED!!!!

1. Muslims Condemn Terrorist Attacks

2. Statement on 9/11

And...Google this: click this

Now what?

[edit on 14-11-2004 by cstyle226]

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 05:33 PM
link   
It is a typical act of ignorance by Americans to misunderstand what a Muslim is. A muslim does not have a country, he does not live in a single state called Muslania. He does not believe and hold the same ideologies as every other Muslim. He does not have the same political convivtions as evry other Muslim. It may help you to know that there are many Muslims fighting in the US Forces, away from their families fighting to protect your rights and freedom and to spread democracy. If that is what the forces are doing indeed. So you can all sit at a PC and spout your mouths off about nuking Muslim holy cites, and saying that most hate America then go to your warm beds safe and secure. While the people who are out risking their lives for your security or abroad and unsafe and maybe one second away from death. There are also Muslim Police officers, firefighters etc in the US of A. A muslim doctor may even save your baby's life.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 05:37 PM
link   
My favorite is when Jerry Falwell (who I enjoy) said, "Blow 'em all away in the name of the Lord." He's fun.

I'm still waiting for Ed's response on my previous post. (Hi Ed
)

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 05:38 PM
link   

HEY ED!!!!

1. Muslims Condemn Terrorist Attacks

2. Statement on 9/11

And...Google this: click this

Now what?

Oh thats smooth, like I said "token" condemnation. Where is the outcry for the beheadings? None.............small fry if any.

It was for show.................

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I have NOTHING against Muslims. I am merely pointing out that a nuke on American soil would have GRAVE effects in the Middle East. Their are people in our government that want to do that NOW and one attack would be all it took for it to happen. I think the line between the "good" Muslims and the "bad" muslims would disappear right then.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I assume we are discussing a retaliation for a nuclear terrorist attack in an US medium, large city, with casualties above the 100k figure.

The general public in the US would undoubtedly be motivated for retaliation
but one shouldn't confuse the public's motivations with the top brass Generals.

The Pentagon isn't run by a bunch of rednecks. And they have predicted such a scenario and probably have a number of answers in the drawer.

Likely Retaliation

It is obvious there would be repercussions, vast resources would be set on motion to assess the level of cumplicity and so on.

Countries suspected of giving aid (at a governamental/military level) to the people responsible for the attack would probably face an attack (depending on the country).

Such attack would use vast conventional forces, and the amount of collateral damage (even using just conventional armament) caused by such action could largely exceed the civilian casualties suffered by the US. (at the time of the nuclear attack)

A Nuclear reaction is highly improbable, if we are discussing using nuclear weapons in densely populated areas, cities, etc.

A Symbolic Nuclear retaliatory attack against a particular military facility (Naval base, for ex) could happen, but as some have said, the fallout would provoke cancer and birth defects over a large area, and it would be hard to justify that to Israel.

To actually consider using Nuclear weapons in large scale, targeting large cities , one must take into account, that this would be in practical terms a demonstration of intention of performing a War of Extermination.

This goes beyond the German Total War.

Such an action (the instaneous killing of tens of millions of civilians) would provoke total international isolation for the US.

Every US asset abroad would be confiscated, every US embassy, consulate, diplomatic mission , closed , US representatives expelled all over the globe, economical and political isolation (in absolute terms, not just some harsh words on tv)

The World as a whole would be so outraged at the Nuclear Large Scale Reaction that any sympathy towards US victims (in the Nuclear Terrorist act) would transform itself into fear and hate.

Most likely US citizens around the Globe would be lynched by furious mobs.

And the World would enter a stage of nuclear buildup leading to an almost inevitable full nuclear war (of extermination)

All of these hypothetical considerations suggest that a Large Scale Nuclear Response as proposed by this thread, is improbable and perhaps even impossible.

One should realize that when we deal with armament of such lethal capability , countries are very reluctanct to do so.

An example, Gas was used in WW1, and not used in WW2.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Well, if you don't believe the condemnation, then it's only because you don't want to. So, there's nothing that will change your mind.

So you aren't denying ignorance, you are being ignorant and denying it.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
I think the line between the "good" Muslims and the "bad" muslims would disappear right then.

Yeah coz that line of distinction is really solid now isn't it.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Great post, Tartessian!! I'm glad most of these rednecks will never amount to much, that we would have to worry about them getting in control of nukes. The biggest thing they control is the remote...

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Teller
It is a typical act of ignorance by Americans to misunderstand what a Muslim is. A muslim does not have a country, he does not live in a single state called Muslania. He does not believe and hold the same ideologies as every other Muslim. He does not have the same political convivtions as evry other Muslim. It may help you to know that there are many Muslims fighting in the US Forces, away from their families fighting to protect your rights and freedom and to spread democracy. If that is what the forces are doing indeed. So you can all sit at a PC and spout your mouths off about nuking Muslim holy cites, and saying that most hate America then go to your warm beds safe and secure. While the people who are out risking their lives for your security or abroad and unsafe and maybe one second away from death. There are also Muslim Police officers, firefighters etc in the US of A. A muslim doctor may even save your baby's life.

You bring up a very good point and I know some muslims and enjoy chating scripture with them. The American moslems for the most part do not support "gains through terror" you are correct. Yes there are troops (moslems) in the US forces over there that fight for the colilition, for the freedom of the muslim and chirstian brothers.

But lets just see how the Christians in Iraq are being treated by the moslems as a whole.....do you know?

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   

But whose fault is that? the people dancing in the street after 9-11 or the media for showing it?

The clerics telling OBL to use nukes?

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   

But lets just see how the Christians in Iraq are being treated by the moslems as a whole.....do you know?

Well what are you worried about? Iraq is an emerging democracy, where everyone will get equal treatment. I don't think we have to worry about anything bad happening in Iraq anymore, we fixed it.

Freedom is on the march, baby, and it's not stopping for anyone.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   

I think the line between the "good" Muslims and the "bad" muslims would disappear right then.

Ouch that one hurt......

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   
What Tartessian said

This thread makes me laugh and feel worried both at the same time.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Excellent return, Teller.

Touche'!!

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Actually Iraq is one of the very few ME states to have athriving local Christian population. It is one of the most religiously diverse countries in the whole world, not just the ME. This was so even under Saddam, who if rumours are to be believed was actually a Christian by could never rule the country if overtly know to be. May just be a rumour but he held a lot of respect with Christian Iraqis. Then again he had no preference about who he Killed.
This war on terror is not about countries or even about religion. It is about fanatics using a certain distortion of certain religions to justify their cause. Was Timothy McVeigh a Muslim

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join