It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would we nuke the middle east?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by I See You
You know what. An all out global nuclear war would be the best damn thing that happened for the people of the future. They at least would be able start a world that would be united. Start anew. After a long period of time when mutants aren't being born and sickness from the bombs resides. A world not based on power and greed. And if it comes back to that then we are what we are forever doomed to a life that ends in death.

[edit on 14-11-2004 by I See You]

Yeah right the people that survive a nuclear war will be the heads of all the countries that started it. They are the ones that have nice nuke proof bunkers food and water to last them years. Not the innocent people that didnt start it.

They would be the people rebuilding the world not the people who didnt start it.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
The UN would not lift a finger IF WE WERE NUKED FIRST. Do you think we would respond if russia was nuked and returned the favor? Not a chance

What I am saying is that we launch towards the Middle East, N. Korea thinks it may be coming for them (used as an excuse) and let one of theirs go, the so on and so on. If every single Nuclear weapon in the world was detonated at the end of the Cold War, it would not end Human race. For instance China would be able to Nuke Taiwan and Take Full control without killing the entire population. It technically could be used for control. The OBL Nukes, from what I am told are capable of giving less then 1kt, which if you were 1/3 of a mile away from the blast on a calmn day, you would survive.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Why would they Nuke Bagdad? We already own it. I am talking more about Iran and Syria. The troops in Iraqi would just be the staging point to invade the other countries

American troops aren't just in Baghdad. They're all over Iraq, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Afghanistan, and a few other countries. Nuke Syria, the fallout will go into Iraq and Afghanistan, and the troops have nothing to protect them. I should know, I'm one of them. Nuke Iran, and the fallout will still go into Afghanistan and harm the troops there. The only viable nuclear option is the use of 'mini-nukes' which are still in development, and they're only to be used for underground complexes/caves where (in theory) the collapsed rock post-detonation would contain the fallout.

[edit on 14-11-2004 by DarkFalcon]

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Here is a good find concerning Nukes
Nuclear Weapon Archive

I can't spell

[edit on 14-11-2004 by TrickmastertricK]

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Not ot mention if we "nuked all those bastards" as many of you suggest, you would be nuking your new friends, Karzai, and Allawi, and the fresh new democracies that are emerging.

Bush wouldn't want to ruin all his "hard work," would he?

Freedom is on the march!! A nuke would slow that march down a bit.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrickmastertricK

The UN would not lift a finger IF WE WERE NUKED FIRST. Do you think we would respond if russia was nuked and returned the favor? Not a chance

What I am saying is that we launch towards the Middle East, N. Korea thinks it may be coming for them (used as an excuse) and let one of theirs go, the so on and so on. If every single Nuclear weapon in the world was detonated at the end of the Cold War, it would not end Human race. For instance China would be able to Nuke Taiwan and Take Full control without killing the entire population. It technically could be used for control. The OBL Nukes, from what I am told are capable of giving less then 1kt, which if you were 1/3 of a mile away from the blast on a calmn day, you would survive.

Survive the blast perhaps the radiation though the nuclear winter that follows? If all the nukes went off we get nuclear winter no plants grow no world food production. The people that didnt die in the blast or of the rads would die of starvation. Russia had plans for a single bomb that would put enough radiation in the air to give every human on earth a lethal does.

Well unless you had a nice well supplied and protected bunker. Hey thats what the nuclear power goverments have. Most goverments have plans to survive a nuclear war and most of them dont include us.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkFalcon
. Nuke Syria, the fallout will go into Iraq and Afghanistan, and the troops have nothing to protect them. I should know, I'm one of them. Nuke Iran, and the fallout will still go into Afghanistan and harm the troops there.
[edit on 14-11-2004 by DarkFalcon]

We have air burst Nuetron bomba that kill with little blast damage or fallout
They were intended to be used in Europe if WW3 broke out.

They kill the people but leave the city

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 05:00 PM
link   
We would not nuke say a country, per se, but Mecca would glow, the Isrealis would be given the green light to wipe the Palistinians out of palestine, and I do believe that Pakistan would be given a VERY short time to do something about osama....

Mecca will glow...............

If these dunb#s are stupid enough to do this, the US will be your worst nightmare....the whole Muslem world would be toast in way.

That is why it is IMPERATIVE for the Moderate Moslems to STOP this jerk and quickly....

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by cstyle226
Let's just destroy the human race and get this thing over with already, shall we?

I'm starting to agree with you. We suck big time.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Not ot mention if we "nuked all those bastards" as many of you suggest,

That is EXACTLY the attitude 90% of Americans would have if attacked with a nuke

dh

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I think any nukes were released initially in the ME they'd be launched by Israel (at least apparently) as proxy agents no doubt for global governance
A more likely scenario would be an Israeli conventional attack on Iran's nuclear facilities, should they exist in reality
The problem with nuking any large landmass in the Middle East would be how to protect or evacuate the key global gameplayers amongst the sheikdoms, emirates, the Saudi Royals, the bin Ladens. Some of them are bloodline after all
And then there is the effect of fallout on Israel
No - at the moment all these countries are key players in the generation of chaos to impact on the world population's consciousness, thet the world is a dangerous, complicted and chaotic affair , which requires strong leadership
They'll keep the conflict spinning for a long while yet

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Otts

Let's just destroy the human race and get this thing over with already, shall we?

I'm starting to agree with you. We suck big time.

Yeah lets kill off all the innocent people
The people in charge would survive this doomsday. Its just us normal people that didnt push the button that get killed.

So lets hurry up and let the people now in charge rebuild the world.

[edit on 14-11-2004 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Not ot mention if we "nuked all those bastards" as many of you suggest,

That is EXACTLY the attitude 90% of Americans would have if attacked with a nuke

Yet it would be to no avail....and nothing Edsinger said would happen..

You guys are hilarious with your "Mecca would glow" talk...

You can say it and pump up your redneck-selves all you want...it would never, ever happen.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 05:06 PM
link   

So Americans would resort to the level of Osama bin Laden?

If Nuked? In a heartbeat.

I will go on record as predicting that within 1 hour of a terrorist attack with a nuke MOST of the middle east will glow.

Okay so if sdme rogue terrorist Like Ossama Bin Laden nuked an American city, you say you would gladly nuke the hell out of his country. Right Nearly all the highjackers on 9/11 were resident in America. OBL could ne in the USA right now for all you know. Or it could be an American citizen who plans or arranges or even detonates the device. So the only option in these circumsatnces would be for America to nuke the hell out of America.

Within 1 hour of a terrorist attack Most of the Mid West will glow.

The so called "war on terror" has no territories to fight on, it has no national, or groups of national enemies to fight. that is why it is not working. Because America is fighting a new kind of war with an old tpye of war strategy.
You cannot fight a war of ideas with guns.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 05:06 PM
link   
ShadowXIX - what I mean to say is, sometimes it discourages me to see that what we call "civilization" is, among other things, humankind having achieved the means to wipe itself off the face of the earth.

Go us.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
Survive the blast perhaps the radiation though the nuclear winter that follows? If all the nukes went off we get nuclear winter no plants grow no world food production. The people that didnt die in the blast or of the rads would die of starvation. Russia had plans for a single bomb that would put enough radiation in the air to give every human on earth a lethal does.

Well unless you had a nice well supplied and protected bunker. Hey thats what the nuclear power goverments have. Most goverments have plans to survive a nuclear war and most of them dont include us.

Actually only about 1/100 of a lethal dose would be the average of radiation, but would have some long term cancer affects. You would have to percisonally point each bomb to cover the area, that the others dont in order to have this happen which would be highly unlikely, if not impossible.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 05:07 PM
link   
BTW: Iran has agreed to give up it's quest for nuclear weapons, in exchange for techonology and what not from Europe.

So, I guess there is no need for Israel to go wild on Iran. (for nukes anyway)

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Yet it would be to no avail....and nothing Edsinger said would happen..

You guys are hilarious with your "Mecca would glow" talk...

You can say it and pump up your redneck-selves all you want...it would never, ever happen.

I would hope that you are right, but I doubt it. So what do you think we would do, send a heavily worded memo to stop?

No, if nuked, and no country could be the target, then there is only one target that show that we will not tolerate that # and Mecca stands out.

So my suggestion would be for the moderate islamic people to stand up to these freaks, you dont see Christians supporting the bombing of abortion clinics do you?

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 05:10 PM
link   

I havent attacked you personally Mr. New Mujahideen who is hiding in America instead of putting his money where his mouth is, with his heros in Iraq

You can deny it all you want just like you keep telling your self we are losing 40 tanks and hundreds of men

If nuked We would SHOW YOU A "HOLY WAR"

[edit on 14-11-2004 by Amuk]

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   

BTW: Iran has agreed to give up it's quest for nuclear weapons, in exchange for techonology and what not from Europe.

So, I guess there is no need for Israel to go wild on Iran. (for nukes anyway)

Actually, there is NO agreement as of right now.

TO ALL
**Please Keep Personal attacks out, whether it be individual, a religion, or country**

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join