It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Awesome! "Alien Mask" of a Statue on Curiosity Sol 376!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   
This is really, but really awesome! Something is slipped out! On Curiosity Sol 376 from the martian sands emerge an "Alien Mask" of a statue, clearly visible... and what appear to be a relic of an Ancient Civilization on MARS...

edit on 1-10-2013 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

People really see what they want to see sometimes...

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Arken I absolutely admire your persistent searching and finding. You are one of the few I can tolerate that post things they may not always be true. However .. I believe this is just another weathered rock, I can see the face and what you are referring too but I believe it's just simply a rock

I know one day at some point Arken you are going to be able to turn round and say to us all 'told ya so'

Keep up the work
edit on 1-10-2013 by ThePeaceMaker because: Spelling

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Please type Us (at least Me, the "other You") what it is You see? If | look long enough a dark haired male appearing to be doing what | know as an "Irish jig" but have to squint to see Him. Perhaps a Maya doing a jig?

Also shale will take on this formation after a few 100 years...

Do You see what | see?

namaste

EDIT: 5'10 Male, approx. 175 (a lot of maize in the diet; this prior to the invent of ethanol™) brn/brn. Light colored shirt (must be before Labor Day) and some cool purple pants, left leg hanging lower than the right... | got it. Mayan doing a Mexican Hat Dance sans the hat.. Nailed it!!!
edit on 09/03/2013 by LewisStulePhD because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
At least he went out smiling!

I actually find the rock wall behind it more intriguing...

Perhaps Mayan?

In all seriousness, I may not believe the stuff you find may be remnants of intelligent life, I have to give it to you for finding really cool images.

Back to the wall of flat rocks behind it, that is very cool and I wish we had a better sense of scale for the image.

S&F

edit on 10/1/2013 by mcx1942 because: typo

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I kind of see what you are thinking ... (that may be a scary thought)

C reature From The Black Lagoon
edit on 1/10/13 by Plumbduff because: sloppy spelling

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
ZOMFG! An alien mask made by someone with eight thumbs and two fingers (and no eyes or previous experience of mask making)! Sweet

ETA: and so clearly visible too, NASA really screwed up letting the cat out of the bag on this pic

edit on 1-10-2013 by skalla because: one more little dig

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Arken, I can see the object you have pointed out and I will say it IS a rock but you knew that.
Now, is it a carved rock? I'm not absolutely sure given the properties of shale as pointed out already but it does look pretty convincing. If you can find another similarly sized one of almost the same design then we will have better proof that this might be the real deal.
I am moving this to the top of my "I want to believe it's real" list and will await further findings from you. You are one of few who can probably find a needle on this surface. Please keep up the good work and I can't wait until you can, without a doubt, say "I told you so"!

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Amazing!

This....

...is a rock.
edit on 1-10-2013 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Nice illusion, especially with those wavy patterns or layers on the rock. My guess would be that it's due to weathering, erosion etc., simply because the rest of it doesn't seem to match the overall interpretation.

But don't stop looking, the interesting features are often found in the subtle details and are easy to miss ... haven't seen anything quite like the stuff that was lying around at Rocknest & Yellowknife, but if any distinctive shapes appear, they should definitely be discussed on here.

So I'd say keep 'em comin', Arken ... !

edit on 1-10-2013 by jeep3r because: text

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Arken, I did find another suspicious one on the same sol image. Near bottom edge, middle of image.

It is not as clean cut as the one you noted but I figured I'd post it anyway... It may just be a rock but with the right perspective, I can see an ear, eye, nose, mouth, hairline.... I get why you do what you do!
edit on 1-10-2013 by evc1shop because: spelling

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Sorry but I just had to do a facepalm, only a single mind you but nevertheless......

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Mask, rock, who cares, thats awesome and deserves to be seen.

It certainly has all the features of a face, good find

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I see something that looks similar to this:

Rotate it 90 degrees and:

I`m really disappointed with the quality of this picture, is curiosity having problems with it`s camera or with data transmission? This is probably the worst quality picture i`ve seen so far from curiosity.

look at the smudged square and wrong color pixels,all the blurry pixels.
i know that zooming in like that WILL cause blurring but curiosity`s pictures have never been that bad before.

edit on 1-10-2013 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
The big problem with this "Mask" is that... there is something similar but a "bit more big" in Adriadnes Colles region on Mars....
Same features...

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

There is a little fossil alien skeleton just to the right of the mask looking
rock! Cool pic. Keep looking

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Every time I see one of these stupid Mars rock threads, I think how similar it is to looking at clouds all day and trying to make shapes out of them. This is no different. Some nerds just scan NASA Mars pics all day, as if NASA hasn't already meticulously looked over each pic themselves, people just scan the rocks looking for shapes to make out of them. It's no different than seeing images in the clouds. It's not a mask, it's not a statue, it's a f***ing rock, get over it.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

I've got to ask you Arken.....do you yourself genuinely believe these "rock" threads you post?....I mean do you seriously think that you are posting genuine images of alien artefacts/buildings/animals/birds/machinery etc.?

Or are you just doing it for the giggles?

Serious question.
edit on 1/10/2013 by Argyll because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   

mcx1942
At least he went out smiling!

I actually find the rock wall behind it more intriguing...

Perhaps Mayan?
Back to the wall of flat rocks behind it, that is very cool and I wish we had a better sense of scale for the image.

S&F

edit on 10/1/2013 by mcx1942 because: typo

They do look like slates derived from shale, or maybe this is what happens to shale itself if it loses all moisture. Or they could just be slates formed just as slate is formed on Earth from clay and mica, and the slate split itself, again in a long drying out process, into the familiar slates. That would likely mean a long period of abundant wetness in the distant past .

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

Absolutely serious, Argyll. Absolutely.

I don't want convince no one.

I'm sure that up there are many marvellous things more advanced than us (also spiritually) and far beyond our imagination.

Serious answer.

join