It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A plea to US citizens on ATS re: the government shutdown and Obamacare

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Hi All ,

I urge anyone with a genuine interest in this matter to NOT get their information from ATS in this instance.

Never in my life have I seen such uninformed rubbish being thrown from both sides of the fence.

There is stuff ranging from obvious agendas and obfuscation on both sides to just flat out stupidity flying around all over the site.

An educated opinion is the best one to have.

That is all.

Peace to all,

Skonaz

edit on 1/10/13 by JAK because: Caps removed. Please see The use of All Caps Thank you

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by skonaz

ok,

So whats your educated opinion then ?

or are you just ranting ?

Muzz

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I wrote some informative threads on Obama Care and the Government Shutdown with the explicit purpose of only providing information, I linked to BBC Archives, Wikipedia, all kinds of places in the O.P.s.
edit on 1-10-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

Washington Post: ObamaCare: Understanding the Affordable Care Act

A Second Government Shutdown: U.S. Could Default on its Debt October 17th

Of course I guess it is true they weren't noticed as much.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Ormuz
reply to post by skonaz

ok,

So whats your educated opinion then ?

or are you just ranting ?

Muzz

Didn't say I had an educated opinion did I ?
And I posted in the RANT forum so what do you think ?

Just pleading for people to fully understand this issue before opening their semi literate ignorant mouths.

I've seen nothing but the dumbest comments all ####ing day and from some who should know better.

Hell yes its a rant.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Urrgghhh edit is playing up!
edit on 1-10-2013 by Rodinus because: Sick of US self centered spam cramming up the new topics page!

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Who gives a # why they shut down.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   

rangerdanger
Who gives a # why they shut down.

Thank you for proving my point so eloquently.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by skonaz

Anytime brother.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I am from america and I'll tell you what I think
I think our country has been made a mockery of,ever scince the bush error.bush sr was a total crinimal and his son followed in his footsteps,great change was suppose to come under the person who is now president.well,chsnge has come,and it is for the worst.Our whole politicial system is shattered.In my opinion we are near finished as a great hard working industrial nation.I despise this idea of one world family,we are independant nations with our own customs and beliefs.and we have a right to be seperate from one another to live our lives as we see fit in our own nations.mind our buisness,grow our own food,make our own products.have people forgotten what individualism is?the right for each man to follow his own passions?we have merely become the new sodom and gomorah wrapped up with a touch of the roman emopire,and topped off with some nazi love.
no one cares,so what if our gov has become divivded or totaly corrupt to the core.just give me my tv,my beer,my new devices comming out,it isn't my problem.this is the mantality of humans today,and my fellow countrymen are loosing their humanity.
I don ont enjoy seeing children shot blown up or thier dead bodies lying limp in their grandfathers arms because thier parents are dead.I adore the land I have grown up in,it is as beautiful as any other country I have seen on the web.but it is filled to the mountains in blood,ruled by such that you cringe to think of it.everyone knows bush nhad alot to do with 9-11,the evidence was swept away so fast that one with an investigative mind would have no problem comming to the conclusision ,something is being covered up.but who can stand against them,they know no one can and they can shut up anyone whom dares to speak.
the love of family is all but dead in my country,cold empty and sorrow is what I see anymore.those who stand for human principles here are looked down on.I could continue for an hour,but I will say this and I don't care who don't like it.My country's biggest mistake is allowing this homo thing to be legal,men to marry men,women to marry women.I hang my head in shame for my nation and it's actions.my friends,I'm telling you as an american we are not all unjust,uncaring,destroyers of man.I believe in the utmost the principles of god,
I have been raising 4 children alone for 10 yrs ,my wife passed away after my last childs birth.so i raised them from infants alone.
but who can understand why?I have not met anyone yet who does.There is no loyalty left in my nation,women don't want the family life,but the fast life what do you have to offer me?this is there mantality.Well,I'm not going for it,were there is no loyalty there is deciet.were there is no love there is dark coldness.I will not bring this into my home.
I've said enough.mock me if you will.I have heqard it all and have been called it all.idc
as far as the gov shut down goes,it is like a soap opera,you people I hope one day will get it.

edit on 1-10-2013 by dellmonty because: forgot last line.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by dellmonty

Don't give up hope for that really means the end.
Look at our signatures.
Almost identical and true words.
Don't give up.
edit on 1/10/13 by skonaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by skonaz
[more

It is 'nt a matter of giving up,it is wanting completeness again,the dream our country was built on.the humanity our society once shared.the kindness in peoples eyes when you looked up at them.or to gaze into a womans eyes and know it is love,but not deciet.to share life and be happy.I don't see this for our country anymore,And my heart is heavy with knowing the future for my children and what they will face. god save us all who are weary.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by dellmonty

My heart goes out to ya man,
Reading between the lines in your posts Id say a lady has messed with you somewhere along the way.
Teach your kids what you believe is right and they in turn will teach theirs and carry it forward. Positive change is still possible.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by skonaz

Where would you suggest that people get their information regarding Obamacare and the shutdown?

I personally think ATS is a pretty good source, as sources go. Sure, there is a lot of partisanship and rhetoric, but you can weed through it and get facts and real information with a little effort. Try doing that with CNN, Fox, or MSNBC.

That being said, I'm probably guilty of a little rhetoric myself when it comes to these issues. As you can tell from my signature, I have some pretty strong feelings with regards to Obamacare, and sometimes I type while my blood is still boiling. But I have only said what I believe is true, and when I am proven wrong I will admit it.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by skonaz

I'm educated on the matter. Obamacare sucks and is unsustainable.
It's very simple. The spin that Obama is putting out is a load of rubbish.
Obamacare can not be sustained ..
And all the people running around thinking they are about to get free health care
are about to be in for a very expensive surprise.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
As for Obamacare? I'm still trying to figure out how they intend to finance this incredible boondoggle...?

Other than raising taxes, I mean.

Free? Ain't no such thing. Anywhere this side of fantasy, I mean. Someone(s) is going to have to pay for it.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Here is some verified information right from the government ......

We can be happy that somebody actually got paid to create this masterpiece page;

HealthCare.gov is overwhelmed with inquisitive minds.

This was predicted yesterday by many ATS members.

Now we *know* what hope and change really means.

Look for this same sign in your doctor's window too !!

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by skonaz

If people take what is posted on ATS as 100% they are idiots.

I am sure like many on here I use ATS as a tool to get information. Meaning I look at links provided and then go from there and base my opinion on more than just one site/source.

If I believed everything on ATS as truth I'd be in a nut house hugging myself in a pretty white coat.

top topics

join