It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A night of long knives

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Night of Long Knives

Regarding the government shut down.

Doesn't anyone also find it strange that the DHS will still be fully operational but our military will not be getting payed? What about the DHS recent purchases of billions in ammo?

Whats really strange is a recently appointed advisor to Homeland Security showing support for the Muslim Brotherhood on his twitter page and the madness continues.

www.theblaze.com... on-his-twitter-profile/#

Recently there was talk on a strike on Syria and now seemingly averted. Then John Kerry signed away the second amendment of the United States to the UN. But no some argue that it will never be ratified therefore it makes no difference.

Now the government is shutting down. And soon we are going over the financial cliff.

But.... could this lead to the night of long knives here in a America? If Obama could just neutralize his declared enemy "congress" and "republicans" then for one the UN treaty would be ratified and Obama would get everything he wants.

So whats say you ATS? Does the Federal government look forward to some time away from their desk jobs to take care of some extra curricular activities?

And how do you feel about DHS wondering our streets with an surplus ammo stockpile while our military gets the finger?

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by txinfidel

I believe its has been made quite clear that active military WILL be getting paid.
Too bad if you work at Yellowstone or the Statue of Liberty though.....

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by skonaz

Correct me if I'm wrong but everybody voted for the military to get paid in congress as part of the bill however it went to the senate after that so did part that get passed or not?

I am not under the impression that it did. I think everyone in congress said yay cause if they said otherwise it would look really bad on them.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I stopped after "john kerry signed over the second amendment to the un".

Sorry, but I can't take anything you say seriously after that.

edit on 1-10-2013 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   
It seems to have become an ongoing issue, from administration to administration here for the past few....

.gov shutdown 'scares' this time of year.

in the past.... they've typically come round at the 'final hour' to avert the same, but this time....

it's gon happen.... whether we like it or not.

not for long, mind you, since they'll have to do something to 'grease the wheels', if you will.

the US Government, rest assured, will not go 'unfunded' for Any length of time.

that's not to say any such funding agreement or bill won't be rife with bovine excrement, but that bill or funding agreement will happen... they can't NOT....

Would YOU Give up free healthcare, life pension, etc. and whatnot for That. !?

It won't likely be 'in the country's best interest', but you can damn near bet your backside, it'll happen, be done and be dealt with.

WHEN? .... likely depends on WHO, in a position of [financial] power, stands to make the most from the situation.

In the end.... they'll raise the ceiling and borrow more than what we already can't chew.

I just think the 'rungs of the ladder' should be a bit different.... with the first cuts/stops being that of ALL federal employees [politicians INCLUDED].

THEN.... we'll likely see an increase of Truly 'across the aisles', non-partisan dealings and acquiesences abound.

and ONLY then...

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

We'll maybe your not awakened to the fact that if it is not ratified now, it will be at some point.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   

txinfidel

We'll maybe your not awakened to the fact that if it is not ratified now, it will be at some point.
go read the constitution. You'll notice the words "supreme law of the land". Can't be superceded.

Why lie to make a false point?

Sensationalism and alarmism and lies help nothing.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   

I agree with you and know what side I'm on regarding that.

But that doesn't make the problem go away.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   
The military WILL be paid,. that part WAS passed

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   

HomerinNC
The military WILL be paid,. that part WAS passed

AS THEY SHOULD BE...... the politicians, on the other hand ......
??? not so much.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Thanks, please consider that as amended. However I would like to add that I am ok without any of the other programs and wish they would just shut down and quit causing headaches. However, I can't help but feel that this stalemate leaves the nation and the people vulnerable to attack foreign or domestic, maybe both.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   
hope it's not Kristallnacht

Christmas is right around the corner.

Hmmm.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I certainly hope not. But I don't think we're that far down the pipe yet. Still name calling and pointing fingers.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I'll try to give this thread a little more context. The afa should not be suspended for a year it should go away all together. This stalemate is a double edged sword.

On one hand, im all for a gov shutdown. Maybe we can eliminate some useless programs while were at it. And while we do that, maybe some people can actually work and see what it's like living on my paycheck that doesn't come from the government for a change. Hopefully it will shut down and never come back.

But no they are most definitely sowing the seeds of unrest. Both parties. However I find the dems to be completely arrogant and some republicans also.

But while this is going on the us is vulnerable.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 03:16 AM
link   

The country is headed for a disaster of biblical proportions.

Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling! Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes... The dead rising from the grave! Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!!!!!

Aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Unfortunately this kind of thing will continue to happen for years to come, because the potential for deadlock was deilberately built into the American Constitution.
It is called "separation of powers".
In a parliamentary system, any government which could not pass a budget would go out of office almost instantly and be replaced by one that could.
Americans may want to think about re-considering that principle.

edit on 1-10-2013 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Wait, can you provide a source showing how much funding the military is losing, if any?

Yes, this could definitely lead to a scenario similar to the one you presented from Germany - if it can be portrayed that certain politicians are getting in the way of the government functioning normally, Obama (might) step in?

I am not sure he will though, the White House released a report stating that they would not use Executive Powers to force congress to lift the debt ceiling later this month.

However - this is a political stand-off that could be considered a miniature Civil War at this point -
edit on 1-10-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-10-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   

johncarter

The country is headed for a disaster of biblical proportions.

Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling! Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes... The dead rising from the grave! Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!!!!!

Aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Settle down VINKMAN!

Nice ghost buster refrence. If you believed anything the pundits say and the democrats there would be all that happenining. Its kind of calming knowing the chaos that would ensue.

top topics

join