It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So the Republicans are Terrorists now...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I noticed no one responded to my question on the 1st page so I'll ask it again.

To those of you who call republicans and the tea party terrorists:

Do you support the use of drone strikes, indefinite detention, and torture on them?

Put your money where your mouth is. If we are terrorists then we deserve that.

So its one of the 3:

A) We are terrorists and deserve to be treated as such

B) We are terrorists and you are a sympathizer and don't believe we deserve to be treated as such

C) We are not terrorists and you are talking out of your rear end

Talk like this is dangerous.

Talk like this gets innocent people killed.

Talk like this starts civil wars.

Talk like this has no place in our nation.

Simply because someone has ideals, stands up for them and has representatives who represent them does not make one a terrorist. To say they are is disingenuous.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   

buster2010

yuppa

damwel
The terror acts the republicans have been committing are the lies and fear they continue to spread about Obamacare. Yup, that makes em terrorists in my book.

Thats not the dictionary meaning. If you want to be correct you need that meaning of the word. the democrats did the same one time before i am quite sure.

The Tea Party said give into our demands or the government gets shut down. That is economic terrorism.

I love how all the sudden the tea party is running the government, taking hostages, terrorizing the economy & laying people off.

THE TEA PARTY ALMIGHTY!!

lol, get real

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
The standard Democrat M.O. is to not engage in a moderated, and intelligent debate once the real reason for their agenda becomes exposed, so bomb-throwing, name calling like 8 year olds ends the discussion.

No adults in the rooms anymore.

Power and control over people is the agenda. Hook them on the narcotics of the govt. mommy. It's for your own good.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienScience

But let's face facts...they truly are the American Taliban. They would love to rule this country under religious rule and put women back in the kitchen.

The scary thing is, they say this with pride...they think one of the biggest problems with our country is that we don't base our laws on the bible and that women are educated and out in the workforce.

Don't blame me or others for just pointing out that this type of thinking matches exactly what the Taliban thinks.

Yep! Couldn't agree more!

Poor little GOPerS got their feeling hurt for being called out on their domestic abuse to America's poor and elderly? Boo Hoo!

Remember this:

Yeah? Two can play that game, and THIS is on the GOP!

DOMESTIC ABUSE = TERROISM

edit on 1-10-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   

XTexan

Do you support the use of drone strikes, indefinite detention, and torture on them?

Put your money where your mouth is. If we are terrorists then we deserve that.

So its one of the 3:

B) We are terrorists and you are a sympathizer and don't believe we deserve to be treated as such

Talk like this is dangerous.

Talk like this gets innocent people killed.

Talk like this starts civil wars.

Talk like this has no place in our nation.

Simply because someone has ideals, stands up for them and has representatives who represent them does not make one a terrorist. To say they are is disingenuous.

The mirror is an unpleasant view for the left at this point.

Don't hold your breath for a thoughtful response
edit on 1-10-2013 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by six67seven

I don't expect an intelligent response at all. I fully expect them to continue calling names like children.

But if they enjoy alienating 50+% of the US population and making statements that IMHO sound like a call to war then so be it.

But hey I can always hope for some form of intelligence now can't I?

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by XTexan

Since you seem to be 100% gun ho for this shut down, what do hope that it accomplishes?

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   

windword
reply to post by XTexan

Since you seem to be 100% gun ho for this shut down, what do hope that it accomplishes?

The shut down was orchestrated by both parties and will serve to drive a bigger wedge between the citizens of our country. Nothing more, nothing less just as it was designed. IMHO the entire FED should be shut down, stripped of all power and rebuilt using the Constitution.

However,

My opinion on the shut down is pointless in this thread, nor have I made it available until this post.

This thread is about calling those who disagree with you a Terrorist. Which is morally obtuse. What does calling those with differing opinions a Terrorist accomplish?

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   

XTexan

All I hear is crickets. So in the spirit of discussion let me have a go. I'm no leftist progressive but I can play one on the internet.

So its one of the 3:

Hmm... can't be "C" because we never make mistakes.

Can't be "B" because we would never sympathize with terrorists.

It has to be "A." Yep it's "A" alright and if they get their true dream they'd probably drone your relatives houses too. Just to make sure.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   

AlienScience
It's not like the Tea Party calls the President of the United States an evil Muslim Terrorist or anything...huh?

Maybe individuals do (we think in individual terms; each owning to their words; and not collectively as you believe) but two wrongs do not make a right. I thought the people engaged at this level of politics and even this discussion had a slight advantage at being older than 5 years of age; apparently not.

But let's face facts...they truly are the American Taliban. They would love to rule this country under religious rule and put women back in the kitchen.

Hyperbole: A figure of speech in which exaggeration is used for emphasis or effect.

The scary thing is, they say this with pride...they think one of the biggest problems with our country is that we don't base our laws on the bible and that women are educated and out in the workforce.

Here is how we (if you can't catch this, I am using a pronoun as you have to paint with a broad brush; makes for much more dramatic effect!) see them (meaning you).

The scary thing is, they say this with pride...they think one of the biggest problems with our country is that we don't ascribe to absolute acknowledgement that the State knows best and that anyone who thinks otherwise want women uneducated.

Don't blame me or others for just pointing out that this type of thinking matches exactly what the Taliban thinks.

Hyperbole again...I was giving you credence in a different thread, but here you are showing your true colors. And to think, you had the gall to even question my intellectual honesty!

The "terrorist" part is from their current actions...they are using the government shutdown and the debt ceiling to invoke "terror" in the public in an attempt to get them on their side and get their way. That is exactly what terrorists do.

It is the American thing to do to stand up and call them out for what they are...not to sit silently just to be polite.

And proclaiming all the doom and gloom from this summer when the first round of sequestration hit doesn't equate to what you just wrote above? Your side gets a pass? Please, go on....I am truly interested.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by XTexan

My opinion on the shut down is pointless in this thread, nor have I made it available until this post.

This thread is about calling those who disagree with you a Terrorist. Which is morally obtuse. What does calling those with differing opinions a Terrorist accomplish?

Well, you seem to be gloating about it, like it's a good thing. You also seem to be taking this really personally. So, I just figured that you had some goal in mind.

It's the GOP law makers that are throwing tantrums because a "Bill became a Law" and there's nothing that they can do about it!

Paul Ryan candidly explained the calculation: "The reason this debt limit fight is different is, we don't have an election around the corner where we feel we are going to win and fix it ourselves. We are stuck with this government another three years."

This is a remarkable confession. Republicans need to compel Obama to accept their agenda, not in spite of the fact that the voters rejected it at the polls but precisely for that reason.

GOP lawmakers feel justified in creating a series of deliberate crises because they lost at the ballot box. If only Americans had elected them, they wouldn't need to threaten us.

As Jon Chait put it, Paul Ryan's argument is that Republicans need to force Obama to accept their agenda, "not in spite of the fact that the voters rejected it at the polls but precisely for that reason."

www.dailykos.com...

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Don't kid yourself. The Taliban is a tool in the Military Industrial Complex' pocket. So is the GOP. Some of those blood thirsty "Hawks" would make the Taliban look like little girls, for all the wars they want.

If Romney had won the election, we'd be fighting grouns wars in Lybia still, Egypt and Syria.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
They aren't clever enough to be terrorists. They're not even clever enough to be democrats.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   

windword

Don't kid yourself. The Taliban is a tool in the Military Industrial Complex' pocket. So is the GOP. Some of those blood thirsty "Hawks" would make the Taliban look like little girls, for all the wars they want.

So in your view, the only way to go is the Democrat ticket? They are free from blood? We can make arguments for both sides but you are being dishonest by proclaiming your side the savior and the other the tyrant; just as others do only the other way around.

Democrats oppose negotiating = Headstrong and resolved.
Republicans oppose negotiating = Terrorist.

Is that how you view the world?

ETA:
It was President Obama who initiated hostile actions against Libya and wanted to against Syria. Just because it was "limited" makes it no less in terms of being a puppet for the military industrial complex. The only difference is you have placed yourself into a neat little box proclaiming you and your party is free from any ill that comes from those endeavors.
edit on 1-10-2013 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   

windword

Well, you seem to be gloating about it, like it's a good thing. You also seem to be taking this really personally. So, I just figured that you had some goal in mind.

Where have I been gloating?

And yes I take it very personally when friends, family, and fellow Americans are deemed Terrorists.

52% of the house leans one way, 54% of the senate leans the other way. I see no need for name calling. I see a need for compromise.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by XTexan

What compromise? The Affordable Care Act is a Law!

The GOP can't defund it, just because they don't like it.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Democrats oppose negotiating = Headstrong and resolved.
Republicans oppose negotiating = Terrorist.

Is that how you view the world?

What's to negotiate? Obamacare is the Law of the Land. Who refuses to follow the law, and takes people hostage? Terrorists! In this case "domestic terrorists."

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   

windword
The GOP can't defund it, just because they don't like it.

Sure they can. Not more than 5 months ago that is exactly what was asked of them to do; defund and cut programs. So it was okay then, but not now?

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   

windword
What's to negotiate? Obamacare is the Law of the Land. Who refuses to follow the law, and takes people hostage? Terrorists! In this case "domestic terrorists."

So were normal every day people making alcohol in the '20s terrorist? Who spoke up against Jim Crow Laws? The much lauded mary-jane users? Home-schoolers? Etc, etc... All terrorists according to you...

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   

House Republicans have voted 42 times to repeal "Obamcare"

Even though House Republicans now have voted 42 times to repeal or otherwise undermine Obamacare, Speaker John Boehner and fellow Republicans held a brief victory rally after Friday's action and challenged the Senate to follow their lead.

The controversy involves the provision demanded by the GOP's conservative wing and agreed to by Boehner that eliminates all funding for the 2010 health care reforms popularly known as Obamacare.
www.cnn.com...

The GOP is beating a dead horse. They're holding the American people hostage. Some 500,000 jobs are on the line, that will affect everyone from the paperboy to your plumber to you Grandmother's "Meals on Wheels".

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join