It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

United States Federal Govt. Shutdown

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I have said it before, you cannot force people to buy things nor penalize them for not doing it.
.gub wouldn't listen and to this day refuses to believe it, now there's a shutdown. See? I tried to help.

as for all those federal workers, Id just go look for work in the private sector If I were you. That's where you good folks belong anyway.
Thank you for your service.

and of course, for those in .gub on both sides who come here (or have their aids) to read our comments.

Thank you all for your work as well, but the people have rejected things they don't want and they expect them removed. I think actually, y'all could have removed the individual mandate and been ok.

Just gonna leave that right there.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Tardacus

Those are the nonessential things. But the invasion of Somalia will still go on as scheduled. After the attack on that mall they decided Somalia needs to be liberated.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Anarchist really? I thought you were a liberal leaning toward libertarian! Weird, I learn something new everyday.

Glad the service members aren't getting screwed, this was really the only thing that had me concerned TBH...
edit on 30-9-2013 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   

JBA2848
reply to post by Tardacus

But the invasion of Somalia will still go on as scheduled.

I recall watching that miniseries in the early 90's. The acting sucked, the producer was an idiot and the ending was just atrocious. Surely they wouldn't fund a sequel to such a sure loser?

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I have to say I'm mildly surprised.
I guess the pissing match was a tie.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Where do you think al-Shabaab are?
Can't have them attacking a Israeli mall in Kenya.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Phage

Why do I have the feeling the common people are the only ones getting wet during those matches?

Mental note.. buy ponchos.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   

TwiTcHomatic

Phage

Why do I have the feeling the common people are the only ones getting wet during those matches?

Mental note.. buy ponchos.

Ha, where have you been? We've all been getting golden showers from congress for a while now lol. I think from the last poll congress had something like a 17% approval rating. We haven't wanted them there for a while, lobbyists run most of that show.. Oh this joint smells so bad people are getting used to it!
edit on 1-10-2013 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by TwiTcHomatic

Hah!
Lucky for me. I have a dome tent! Guess I'll set it up in the park and settle in for the season.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Just make sure it is not a national park and you are set.

Can you imagine being a park ranger right now and going around to all the campers telling them they have 2 days to vacate.. so ridiculous.

-EDIT- Btw.. I just made Phage laugh, or mildly chuckle. Bring it on meteors, I can perish and feel accomplished.

edit on 1-10-2013 by TwiTcHomatic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Phage a Occupy protester?

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by trinityalways

very good point.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
So is there any way we can actually benefit from this shutdown on a personal level?
Suggestions, ideas?
edit on 1-10-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by trinityalways

Which has nothing to do with what our fools in Washington just didn't do.
It was a very limited, obsolete, and redundant system.

Commander of the Air Force Space Command, General William Shelton, said the system - which has been in operation since 1961 - was outmoded and that newer technology will provide more accurate observations.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

www.vandenberg.af.mil...

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Wrabbit, I was thinking about that earlier today, the congressional approval rating is (was) 10% - what is it after this?

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

Wow 10%? That's 7% less than the last poll I saw. I'm actually surprised that ANYONE supports congress. How insane is that? Ron Paul is no longer in congress so that hurts any semblance of hope. Maybe there are 2 or 3 non bribed congressmen left? I dunno, but even 10% is nuts IMO...
edit on 1-10-2013 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
They did it!

Sorry, I had to.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Excellent!

Though I think our Government is more like the Spaceball government. Apes have more class.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   
NewsFlash.....

“We will not go to conference with a gun to our head,” Reid said on the Senate floor before declaring the Senate will be in recess until 9:30 AM EDT on Tuesday.

Time for more 'gun control'

Dirty Harry says

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   
So, the NSA wont be listing anymore. I feel so lonely.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join