The Prepper’s Conundrum: To Bug in or Bug Out? (Pt. 1)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Inevitably, in times such as these, the survival of our family will rest upon our shoulders, and if we find ourselves in an environment that isn’t conducive to our way of life and we are unable to thrive, then we must make the choice to leave the environment or stand firm and defend it. But before that choice is made, weigh your options carefully (including your risks and odds at surviving). What it all comes down to is which scenario will you be safest in and thrive the most.

Read Full Article Here

Tess Pennington is well known for her articles/books regarding survival. This is part 1 of 3 articles regarding the issue of whether we should stand our ground or bug out (Obvious title
) Definitely an important article to read and take into consideration when we are considering our survival plans. I myself have been having this dilemma lately.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Kmhotaru

regarding the issue of whether we should stand our ground or bug out

If you get found at home, you've already lost.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   

If it get's to the point where you have to make a choice to bug out or not; you waited to long.

When the internet goes down, get on a plane as soon as you can and fly as far away as you can to another country Put your money in an off shore accessible account except for immediate expenses.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Cool but why is this in three parts? It's Sept. 30th and the word on the web is TS is flying toward the fan as we speak.

Is there going to be time for part two or part three?

"They" are shutting it down and opening up the FEMA camps.

I say run - hide - don't look back.

(i told you people that Obama was bad news did anybody listen? nnnnoooooo....but now you see.....it could have been different, it didn't need to end like this.....oh well i guess i'll see ya at camp. )

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
What I view as a proper bug out strategy is either the full planning and prep for both bugging in and bugging out or a balanced mix between the two. The whole point in the end is to be prepared for anything, whether you are building a bob or stocking up for a potential dig in.

There are very few scenarios i can think of where my first reaction to a crisis would be to run to the woods with my go bag and return to nature so i really think a proper plan must involve the strategy of both subsisting on stock and waiting and being ready to roll at a moments notice.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I'm just planning on ignoring the people trying to get me to leave. Who wants to leave your nice warm house just because someone says there is a possible disaster brewing. I can survive on the land.....unless of course a forest fire burns the house and woods. At the appropriate time I will leave I suppose, the kids can flee and stay in an overcrowded school sleeping on a hard floor if they want.

Reminds me, I need to buy a new meat saw, I cannot find my old saw anywhere. It's probably packed away in the attic of one of the garages or the attic of the house. I used it sixteen years ago to cut a deer, it needs the blade sharpened though. I bought a blade on clearance and can't find the saw

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   

olaru12

If it get's to the point where you have to make a choice to bug out or not; you waited to long.

When the internet goes down, get on a plane as soon as you can and fly as far away as you can to another country Put your money in an off shore accessible account except for immediate expenses.

Sorry but there are a couple flaws in your plan.

1.) If the internet is down you won't be flying anywhere.

2.) If the internet is down you won't be transferring your funds.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
The Lord knows where I am, No need to run anywhere!!

Unless commanded too...
edit on 30-9-2013 by AbleEndangered because: added: Unless commanded

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   

intrptr

As my daddy always said . . . "I won't go down without a fight!"

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   

AbleEndangered
The Lord knows where I am, No need to run anywhere!!

Unless commanded too...
edit on 30-9-2013 by AbleEndangered because: added: Unless commanded

Now, hold on a second . . . Didn't God send Jonah and others to warn His people before impending doom fell upon them? Even God knew that when destruction was about to come, it wasn't gonna be pretty and He at least gave His people a chance to get away (if they decided to go, of course).

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Technically, Jonah tried fleeing at first until God seen him and said Nuh uh.....

That is where I drew the inspiration for my comment. God spared Ninevah, or didn't intend to harm them in the first place..

Seeing the Holy Temple floating over your city has to be over-whelming and intimidating!
edit on 1-10-2013 by AbleEndangered because: addition

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Kmhotaru

intrptr

As my daddy always said . . . "I won't go down without a fight!"

Here's the problem. You want to stay safe and yet be comfortable with refrigerators, electric lights and the internet, right? Nice soft bed?

Look at the various partisan groups during WWII. Those people lived in the mountains far from home. There was no comfort for them. They existed on short rations and the cold ground for a bed. If they wanted to stay alive, they would never head to town. They would wait (on guard) in the mountains and ambush the enemy or wait and hide or run if outmatched.

So your question is moot. If you want to be ready to leave in a hurry, why not just leave before things go that far?

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
For me t is bug in... No where to bug out to. I think if you are in a big city you should bug in for a few weeks then leave...let the masses die out first. I live outside of a city so with some local friends we only need to fend off the groups that try to pillage.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by AbleEndangered

Best post ever. You get a star.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
It isn't about bugging in or bugging out, it is about being prepared to do either one however circumstances demand.

Most of your gear is in your head, worst case scenario is to lose that.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   

tweetybird0428

olaru12

Sorry but there are a couple flaws in your plan.

1.) If the internet is down you won't be flying anywhere.

2.) If the internet is down you won't be transferring your funds.

Perhaps I should have been more clear. Transfer your funds NOW and purchase a prepaid all inclusive airtravel card NOW. They are expensive but so are guns and survival gear and food.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by MyHappyDogShiner

If one cannot move around 20 miles a day without assistance of a motor, you better just dig yourself a spider hole.

Being able to move is the very thing most of us can no longer do, we can't even get across town without some type of motorized transport, driving is just sitting, yep, we all be pretty damned good at that.

Stored fuel won't help you if you can't replenish your supply, neither will stored food, and both draw the attention of those who did not prepare for adversity, which places you in danger in all sorts of ways.

Buy a good bicycle and spare parts, learn how to fix it yourself. The only real gear you have to have are cold weather gear, wet weather gear and sleeping gear, some food to carry to supplement you in times where you have too little luck fishing or hunting or foraging. Pick anything you can find up as you go.

It's called primitive camping, I have been doing it all my life for fun.

Good luck to you all....

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   

olaru12

And be in a unfamiliar country? What if the situation is worse there? Better to be around things you understand . Climate, nature and food will all be different in another country.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
double post
edit on 1-10-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
*eye roll* triple post...
edit on 1-10-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join