It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Second Government Shutdown: U.S. Could Default on its Debt October 17th

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

I might sound stupid here, but these ones on the list have me freaked out.

Centers For Disease Control
Department of Defense
Department of Energy
Department of Labor
Environmental Protection Agency
Food and Drug Administration

Does that mean those agencies are or will be half assing it? If so, that could be the begining of the end. That had me thinking wildly, about false flag attacks and things done when the radars down.
I dont panick too often but damn....

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

funny china decided to not pay back their debts to any one when mao took over 40+ years ago and now they are the worlds leading trading empire......funny how that can end up huh of note they also forgive alot of foregn debt as well (africa,soviet countries got tax free grain etc)

dailycaller.com...

www.theatlantic.com...
edit on 1-10-2013 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Why does everyone think this is SOOOO bad, does no one believe a shut down is actually a good thing?

I DO.

And heres why:

First and foremost all of the cash that has been printed is still there, its still circulating in the world, just because the government shuts down doesnt mean commerce automatically stops. In fact, this day and age its actually very likely to continue since folks dont really grow/cultivate all of their own food anymore, so we HAVE to spend money to eat and do daily essentials, which will keep the wheels turning.

Secondly, the government is still going to collect 'their' due taxes, every cent. Now with that money only paying the 'essentials' we should start to see a surplus build up somewhere and rather quickly I would think. With that surplus you can start reopening the defunded projects back in their order of importance. Do we really need the failed federal program of headstart? Should the FDA come before NASA, etc. It will FORCE us to address our spending problem and hopefully make think long and hard about what services the government provides that are TRULY necessary.

In my opinion we need an even more drastic shutdown so that we can get our house in order. We should defund every politician until they are able to show that they are essential and needed, and if not we replace them, starting with the president. I honestly think this is going to be a good thing and may just help get this country back on a much needed financial path. At any rate my day was as normal as yesterday, other than my even more heightened state of agitation at these clowns in washington.

Why have we given so much foreign aide this year if we know we are continuation to hit these debt ceiling and financial impasse's. Insanity I tell ya!

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by phishfriar47

This could... possibly... maybe... have some silver linings like you mentioned. Like a forced house cleaning.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join