It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Youtube Madness! What is going on?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I keep trying to add a video to my favorites and yt keeps wanting me to " Set up my channel on YT"
It's asking for my username, gender, and birthday. I've had a channel for years on YT and it won't
accept my username, even though I'm logged in.

I am sick to death of all this YT, Gmail, Google Plus, Google Profile, etc. I don't even want a gmail acct, but I need one for some dumb reason, and now I can't add a favorite video, something I've been doing forever.

Is this something new or am I just the unlucky one that had this " Set up your channel on YouTube" popup and now I can't do anything.

Talk about frustrated!!

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Send them your
thumbprints
a dna sample
ALL your email accounts
DOB
marital status
how often you have sex

and all will be well again.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by virraszto

This really the new way of redundant identifiers... Even if you had a preexisting account they still want more information that probably wasn't included in your original information page. It's how that are moving away from internet anonymity. Anybody with hacking or SIGINT skills can find your information easily by pinpointing your IP but when a person willfully types identifiers such as name, age and location, one could say that the said person consented in the search of his blog, YouTube information etc. this information can be used in a dossier or psych profile much like the multiple choice questions on an MMPI-2 test.
Even if you think you have nothing to hide, someone can spin this identifier info into whatever they want.....

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I think I figured out what the problem was. It had to do with a GooglePlus page ( I never knew I had one!) that was using an old Google username/pass. I accidentally clicked on Google Plus instead of Google and it logged me in with that acct. so when I tried to do anything on YT, it wanted me to combine the two. I disconnected my YT acct. with my GooglePlus page and now I"m ok. Now I have to figure out how to delete
the Google Plus page that I never wanted, or even knew I had.

It is ridiculous.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by virraszto

If what concerns you is someone or some agency 'tracking" you then stop using phones and computers altogether. Quit your job, sell your car, disconnect your utilities, move out of your domicile and come live with me under a bridge.

At least when the police track you there you can see them coming and split.

Otherwise, its time to accept that the internet is completely monitored and your every move is logged about whom or what you visit, what you do there, etc.

The NSA recently told every company to track you for them or be shut down (pressure). Kind of like when your job takes the taxes out of your paycheck so the government doesn't have to. Sort of like that.

Does that explain the sudden change in the way our favorite venues "ask us innocuous questions"? I don't know. I figure thats got to be it though.

Good bye anonymity...

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I can't count how many times YouTube requested that I use my real name.
None of their business, why do they need my real name?
I just don't want to be that involved or intwined.

I don't do Facebook or the likes either, nor Google+.

top topics

join