It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

According To Obama: Government Shutdown Won't Stop Obamacare

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Timing

the truth is America doesn't want the crap sandwich they are trying to force down our throats and for once our reps are doing what their constituents want.

Amen,

and a hell yes....

I dont know a single person who is actually happy about Obama care....and I work in a low income area of NYC. They should be happy as a pig in crap.

BUT they have actually been asking around and it is absolute crap to their ears. They like the idea of affordable health care....but not like this. They cant afford it.....no one can.

Obama is our greatest enemy.

Staatsfeind!!!

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by tadaman

Right. People want affordable health care, not to be forced to buy something they couldn't afford in the first place. If the people could afford health insurance then people would buy health insurance. Instead what people are figuring out is they are being forced to buy health insurance, albeit at a slightly lower premium. Until the insurance companies jack your premium up 66% because of that pre-existing condition that you have and they have to provide insurance to you because it's the law.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I think there is something of a misunderstanding here. No offense intended toward anyone in the correction as it's anything but clear in the media or how it's portrayed. It's referred to as Obamacare as an insult to Obama and the PPACA in formal terms because there IS no "Obamacare".

If anyone looks at the Federal Budget, Medical most certainly is skyrocketing in projections as recent as the White House/GAO Budget posted for this fiscal year. Congress has paid little attention to them since they aren't writing budgets these days (The Constitution actually details almost nothing in duties down to specifics ...except that one. Bad Congress..breaking the law of the land, literally). They write continuing resolutions, at the moment. Pelosi called them Deem and Pass measures. Same thing, but I digress...

The line items and only line items for medical of major note are Medicare and Medicaid. 'Obamacare' radically changes regulations relating to those, their qualifications and entry requirements as well as dispensing of the care and reimbursment..by regulatory change. None of that requires funding in any outright way. It just re-wrote the whole friggin book on how the system functions, to be phased in over years.

The mandate is how most are being funneled into private insurance companies...among the "approved" and following 'Federal benefit and pricing guidelines'...within the exchanges. That's why Medi- programs don't explode outright on the budgets. They grow though..Oh good lord do they grow. That's the catch all with a much much wider net now.

....and the Medi-programs are untouchable, literally, on this one. They keep paying, as I understand it. Critical services and mandatory spending right through everything else, if necessary. Other ACA funding is internal at the I.R.S., H.H.S. and others. That's already gone to pay leases in offices and fund payrolls... That stuff is rolling already.

<< 1   >>

join