It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don Quixote Comet Found, 11 Miles Long And “Sopping Wet,” Third Largest Near Earth Object!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by F4Driver

Comet Ison and Asteroid Eros are traveling together and are expected to cross and parallel Earth's orbit around the sun.

No they aren't. They appeared briefly together in a few frames. At the time they were about 70 million miles apart. The orbit of Eros does not cross the orbit of Earth and the orbit of C/2012 S1 (ISON) does not parallel the orbit of Earth.

Such misinformation casts a great deal of doubt on your other claims.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   

CirqueDeTruth
I often wonder - is it conceivable - our government/scientists are more advanced with higher technological capabilities out in space than the general public are led to believe?

Sometimes, when sky gazing and seeing anamoulous lights obviously outside our atmosphere - turn and pivot, slow and speed up, - I sometimes wonder. What are our actual capabilities out there in space.

It's just, it would seem contact by these travelling celestial bodies would be more common place - by that I mean contact with impact seems to me should be a lot more often than it is. What is it watching out for us that diverts such these from being more commonplace? Not even at an ELE level but more contacts like that which we saw in South America and Russia recently.

It's something I wonder, muse about often.

CdT

You have reason to do that unconventional thinking on your own. After all, UFOs are still denied by Science/government. There are more concrete ideas about comets not being as we are told. I have put four recent threads on ATS in the Aliens & UFOs forum about comets being controlled (to some extent) habitats.
the major one which invites the reader to think of comets in the new light is Rethinking Coments. Others are Trouble with Comet Halley, Motions of Comets Made Simple, and Why Major Comets Never Fall into the Sun.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   

F4Driver
Just a note, Comet Ison and Asteroid Eros are traveling together and are expected to cross and parallel Earth's orbit around the sun.

As Phage said above, not they are NOT traveling together.

They may appear to be moving together in our sky for a short time as seen from our point of view on Earth, but in reality, their orbits are very different.

As of today (October 1), here is the position of C/2012 S1 (ISON) and its orbit:

And here is the position of 433 Eros and its orbit:

As you can see, their orbits are quite different, even if they appear to be near each other as they are viewed from Earth.

Below are the links that go directly to the Orbit diagrams for C/2012 S1 (ISON) and for 433 Eros.
Please note: These links open directly to the orbit diagram, and viewing the diagrams requires the installation of a java applet:

NASA/JPL Small-Body Database Browser -- Comet C/2012 S1 (ISON)

NASA/JPL Small-Body Database Browser -- Asteroid 433 Eros

edit on 10/1/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
i would love to know how all the above posters managed to get internet to post when ats was down at the times they were posting

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   

F4Driver
reply to post by 727Sky

Hey Sky;
they have been working on something since 1947.. they are called (DEEP UNDERGROUND MILITARY BASES) D.U.M.B.s and they have 119 in the U.S. alone... They are as small as 3/4 cubic mile area, multiply level to over 3 cubic miles area multiply levels are starting at depths of 800 feet to 3 miles. They are stocked with fuel and food provisions for 2 years at each dependent on the size and population capacity. There is just one issue.. They're not enough of them to house every Citizen in the U.S. Only the Government, Military and a Selected Group will be allowed inside.
The D.U.M.B.s are connected by TUNNEL HIGHWAYS & by MAGNETO RAIL TRAINS from the west coast to the East coast and up to New England.
I got to ride with a trucker once for over 900 miles underground. Highways are two lane and can accommodate 18 wheelers, military wheeled vehicles, autos, really Super Highways.
You can confirm these facts by going to the archives of Jessie Ventura's Conspiracies Theory TV show that aired on True TV.

Just a note, Comet Ison and Asteroid Eros are traveling together and are expected to cross and parallel Earth's orbit around the sun.

No they aren't. They appeared briefly together in a few frames. At the time they were about 70 million miles apart. The orbit of Eros does not cross the orbit of Earth and the orbit of C/2012 S1 (ISON) does not parallel the orbit of Earth.

I have to go with Phage on the orbits and our point of observation deceiving visually and visually messing with our perception of what is actually going on. Orbits ain't even really close for this discussion IMO

The D>U>M>B>S> with all the past threads and T.V. shows have pointed to many of the things you said; but, truth has been hard to find or mostly debunked by claiming normal underground warehouses in certain areas.. I have not followed much about them so I might have missed some stuff/proof... Not saying they do not exist because it would make sense for bomb shelters at certain locations for people who think (and have our tax dollars) they are more important than plumber John.. However interconnected roads and rails spanning the entire continental land mass with high speed maglev has been hinted at with again, no proof.

A 900 mile trip underground must have been extremely boring or interesting? Would you care to elaborate or give a little back ground? You and truck driver's relationship, mission for truck, entered where with exited where, what did you see, drivers explanation, Maglev tracks or train, PICTURES! etc etc... Basically your impressions. Sounds like a great story or topic for a thread IMO.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   

geobro
i would love to know how all the above posters managed to get internet to post when ats was down at the times they were posting

There's nothing suspicious about it.

I posted at 10:09 AM (U.S. Eastern daylight time), and the site had come back up for me before then -- although it was down earlier in the day.

EDIT TO ADD:
As for "Aliensun", he (or she) posted 16 minutes before me at 9:53 AM (U.S. Eastern daylight time), and the site was definitely back up at that time, because there were other ATS members posting on other threads after 9:30 AM.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
double post. See post above.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Thank you all to replying to this post... I do feel in my gut we are not told all about the truth... but by the time we find truth it will be to late! God Bless you all!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join