It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Screw spreading love! Let's start with the baby-steps shall we?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Having people just accept each other through love and understanding is a honorable goal. But that is what I am ranting about. It's the goal...the end all, be all.

We first have to take the journey and it's a long road with no end in sight.

I say let's spread personal responsibility and common sense first and we'll notch it up from there.

A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.

I don't even think humanity has even taken but a couple steps since we've first appeared on this blue ball.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

That would be great except for the fact that when it comes to a big chunk of the population it's a lot easier to love them than to teach then to accept personal responsibility- and common sense cannot be taught at all!

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

Unfortunately, I believe you are correct.

That's why it's a rant.

But if enough people do accept personal responsibility, then I believe that the rest will follow. The common sense will flower on it's own. Followed by true liberty, freedom. charity and justice. (Not necessarily in that order)

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Well, is the step the act, or the person acting?

If it's the act, then we're a long way off. It might start with eye contact. Then perhaps a nod towards the same person you see every morning on the bus. Then maybe in a few years a "Good morning." to the person on the street.

But if it's the person, then it can start with love and understanding.. One step at a time, you get there a little quicker, at least, personally.

*get out of my way you hippies, my coffee is cold*

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   

winofiend

Well, is the step the act, or the person acting?

If it's the act, then we're a long way off. It might start with eye contact. Then perhaps a nod towards the same person you see every morning on the bus. Then maybe in a few years a "Good morning." to the person on the street.

But if it's the person, then it can start with love and understanding.. One step at a time, you get there a little quicker, at least, personally.

*get out of my way you hippies, my coffee is cold*

I try to make eye contact with everyone while walking and if I do I greet them with a Smile and a Good Morning!, regardless of the time of day. LOL

But in my case it would be...

*get out of my way you freaks, my beer is empty!*

I'm just a good natured grumpy old man.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   

TDawgRex

I don't even think humanity has even taken but a couple steps since we've first appeared on this blue ball.

Precisely...

Mankind is still hard wired to be selfish, violent, suspicious of those that are different and emotional rather than logical. Our primitive nature and defense mechanisms is the human operating system. Civilization; a relatively new human experience is but a thin veneer over a monstrous species.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   

olaru12

TDawgRex

Precisely...

Mankind is still hard wired to be selfish, violent, suspicious of those that are different and emotional rather than logical. Our primitive nature and defense mechanisms is the human operating system. Civilization; a relatively new human experience is but a thin veneer over a monstrous species.

I would beg to differ mankind is not this way. The creation of wealth has made mankind this way. Even when mankind was a primitive creature it only became hostile when it needed something that another had such as food or water if these were abundant then they were peaceful creatures. If they weren't then we wouldn't have survived.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   

TDawgRex
Having people just accept each other through love and understanding is a honorable goal. But that is what I am ranting about. It's the goal...the end all, be all.

We first have to take the journey and it's a long road with no end in sight.

I'm already half-way there. The rest of humanity hasn't been keeping up. They're all too busy fighting over "limited" (poorly managed) resources, bickering over trivial issues that hardly affect them, coveting the wealth and beauty of celebrities, etc.

A few of us are headed in the right direction. Hopefully the gun nuts or the jack-booted thugs don't kill us all when the last straw lands.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   

I like yours better lol, and it would fit in with the sort of pheasants I see in the pubs around here these days. All fluffed up hair, knee length shorts, flip flops.. neck ink, sleeves, hands, squaaawk.

More jolly swag than a person camped by a billabong...

In real life I try to be an example. But you know, waiting for people to get on or off a train, or common courtesy in general, appears something foreign to all and sundry. It wears you down being polite.

But maybe someone will notice and think "Hey not a bad idea!" and so on.. dreaming I know.. I do a lot of that these days, haha certainly better than the nightmares however..

new topics

top topics

join