It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shut the Government Down...Do us all a Favor.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

I used to say that, but somehow was always censored.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Fire separates the GOLD from the GARBAGE - Break it, let the weak man up or go away so we can rebuild what we started to build over 200 years ago. Americans and THEIR sweat and blood made AMERICA - Not the US Government. You dipsticks that NEED government - We'll gladly pay for your passports and bus fair to ANYWHEREbutHEREville, any day.
edit on 2-10-2013 by Eldensword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

kusmanklute

I used to say that, but somehow was always censored.

We'll of course I mean peacefully.

We have one vote. This little stunt has divided us again.

It third party time. About 30 years overdue.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Advantage
Shut it down. Ill personally suffer, but Im all for a shut down.. and keeping it shut down. Let us feel the pain.. and then discover we will survive just fine. Essentials are all we need as far as a federal govt. Id love to show em that the states wouldnt implode the moment theyre weaned from the cornucopia-of-crack--like Federal government golden teat.

Why don't we buy in? We bought into the "to big to fail" idea for the candy azz big blood suckers. While we are at it lets shut them down. Those god like they are and now these cream of the crop "workers". "Good thinkers". The untouchable status of government workers.

Hay but they are still probing azzholes down at the airport!

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
twitchy.com... 0/01/world-war-ii-veterans-knock-down-police-barriers-to-attend-memorial-on-the-national-mall/

World War II veterans knock down police barriers to attend memorial on the National Mall; Update: Did a congressman lead the vets through the barricade?; Update: Congressman says Obama administration knew about veterans’ request and rejected it

I think everyone on here could learn so much from that generation. They knew how to get things done. If something is in your way, move it.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
This picture says everything I was thinking when they shut the government down.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
The Tea-Party zealots will do anything to make it seem like they're 'fighting the good fight' against Washington's inefficiencies. In reality, all they're doing is causing real problems for millions of Americans. Thankfully though, this TP idiocy will end in a few days, accomplishing nothing. These selfish TP blow hards will do something though - they'll fire up their easily scared supporters back home into giving up a crap load of money to the individual TP members' re-elections funds. And THAT'S the real strategy of these TP carpetbaggers - do whatever they need to in order to stay in office. To Hell with everything and everyone else, as long as their jobs are secure. Shameful, and supremely Anti-American.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I just love this government shutdown as i am disabled and can not hike into a couple areas that are closed to off road use.

With the government shutdown i can drive my ATV in and because the BLM people are not working there is no one to catch me.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   

TownCryer
...do whatever they need to in order to stay in office. To Hell with everything and everyone else, as long as their jobs are secure. Shameful, and supremely Anti-American.

I agree with this but only if it is applied across the spectrum in which you obviously cannot do. Do you think Democrats don't want to do whatever they must to stay in office? Say, Rep. Pelosi who panders to her Catholic constituents on one side of her mouth while pandering to her non-Catholic ones via the other side?

Your focus is so narrow and your hate is so deep that you are willing to give a pass to those who you agree with not seeing they are doing the same exact thing you are so pissed about.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Day 3...

Just when I thought these fools could not possibly look any weaker.

Making it far more likely to see a third Party emerge.

I have never liked either Party. Their demise is inevitable.

And most welcome...

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   

a picture is worth a thousand words.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   

whyamIhere
After Newt shut down the Government it ushered in unprecedented growth.

Interesting recall of history you have there.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Stormdancer777

a picture is worth a thousand words.

yea....too bad Detroit's local government couldn't do their Federal jobs correctly, ya know? LOL

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Can anyone make a valid argument to keep this Government open?

Surely not without compromising one's integrity. Clearly, government is needed - but at what cost? What sacrifice is America and humanity at large willing to make to maintain a false sense of security?

It's terrible that so many are suffering financially, emotionally and physically during these trying times. But as you said - it is moments like these that breed true change. Not "Obama Change". lol.

Take it easy. & good luck America. I hope your nation can resolve this crisis intelligently & efficiently in time to preserve the peace. These are precarious times to say the least! But we can't say that we didn't see it coming. A wake-up call like this has been long overdue.

Peace! Namaste

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I've only read the first and last page of comments, so this may have been mentioned, but I did want to clarify something.

Many of you are saying it's not as bad as it seems, especially since everybody will get paid back whatever money they miss out on now. That is not true.

I'm in the reserves, and my drill periods are obviously canceled. They are not deferred, they're canceled. (unless this is all resolved by tuesday, 10/8). We will receive authorized absences for the drill period, and will NOT be getting paid for it. Not now, not in the future - no refund, rain check, or other. Simply NO payment.

Also my veterans benefits are shut down, but from what I understand they will be paid back.

Why does this matter? Well, it doesn't matter to you, but it matters to the reservists. At minimum, reserve pay is $188/month. I make about $230 a month. I also have a weekend job and taking 18 credits in college. I've complained on ATS about money being tight before. And since then it still hasn't changed practically at all.

The point is, some people rely on these small paychecks. $230 covers my cell phone and car insurance and electric and gas (i don't pay water or sewage, and don't own a tv) and some food. Others budget theirs in the similar ways, and have more than one mouth to feed at home.

These small paychecks will be missed by the 900,000 members of the reserves.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Schmidt1989
I've only read the first and last page of comments, so this may have been mentioned, but I did want to clarify something.

Many of you are saying it's not as bad as it seems, especially since everybody will get paid back whatever money they miss out on now. That is not true.

I'm in the reserves, and my drill periods are obviously canceled. They are not deferred, they're canceled. (unless this is all resolved by tuesday, 10/8). We will receive authorized absences for the drill period, and will NOT be getting paid for it. Not now, not in the future - no refund, rain check, or other. Simply NO payment.

Also my veterans benefits are shut down, but from what I understand they will be paid back.

Why does this matter? Well, it doesn't matter to you, but it matters to the reservists. At minimum, reserve pay is $188/month. I make about $230 a month. I also have a weekend job and taking 18 credits in college. I've complained on ATS about money being tight before. And since then it still hasn't changed practically at all.

The point is, some people rely on these small paychecks. $230 covers my cell phone and car insurance and electric and gas (i don't pay water or sewage, and don't own a tv) and some food. Others budget theirs in the similar ways, and have more than one mouth to feed at home.

These small paychecks will be missed by the 900,000 members of the reserves.

It is unacceptable that you are in this position.

It should never happen.

I thought everyone got their back pay.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join