It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shut the Government Down...Do us all a Favor.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

There are few valid reasons and they are not in favor of Government, but Government holds the monopoly on many a things including our National Airway System (NAS) and the equipment that helps separate the increasing number of airliners in the sky trying to land and traverse this country's skies.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
It isn't like come midnight everything in the US is going to stop working.

They still have tax revenue to spend....few services will be disrupted. To me this is just smoke and mirrors to try to get the people scared, thereby allowing them to raise the debt ceiling once again.

I am getting to the point that they should just get rid of the debt ceiling altogether - just borrow without any regulation. Just crash the damn thing already. (this is also why I hope the new FED chair QEs till the cows come home.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Last time they shut it down it forced them to work together.

Clinton abandoned the far-left and starting working with Congress.

Newt abandoned the far-right and worked with Clinton.

Along came the dot.com boom and the rest is History.

I just don't think Obama is as smart as Bill.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Some of the people on this thread apparently have never been alive or at least aware of the last government shutdown. The sky is not falling folks.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Since 1977 there have been 17 shutdowns.

Anybody remember the world coming to an end?

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   

ExPostFacto
Some of the people on this thread apparently have never been alive or at least aware of the last government shutdown. The sky is not falling folks.

Agreed to the fullest; as the last "shutdown" and the subsequent ones before were not detrimental. The only thing that has changed is the political landscape and ideology of the People. Today, more people have swayed into the camp that the State is the only one that can provide -- and to keep that appearance, the State must make it look as if all services will be cut off and people will die otherwise.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I'm not fear mongering or anything, but we've had shutdowns before; I know, but have we ever had a shutdown this close to defaulting?

Are they going to play this same game with the budget and defaulting? That is unprecedented.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Well everybody, I just looked outside and well the world is still here.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   

thesaneone

I feel better...

Hope it lasts long enough to make a difference.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Awesome, SHUT IT DOWN!!!

I'm celebrating with a Bud Light.

(Raises can)
"To the best Congress money can buy"

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
This my friends is the first episode in our new Drama...

GOVERNING BAD

It's gonna get ugly.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 03:13 AM
link   

ExPostFacto

let the fear flow through you... stop using common sense and a history book you free thinking bandit!

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

your lil avatar there is halarious!

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Its not the government being shut down in any case. It is just every regular Joe and Jane being fired. The people in power, will still be in power, the law will still be upheld by brutal psychopaths (or cops if that is what you call them). The President will still be creating wars while also lying about the why's and how's.

A government shut down, is in no way good for the American people as far as I can see. It simply means a heck of alot more American citizens will be without a job.

Do you think the politicians are the first to go? or to even take a cut in their pay? # no. Its everyone else.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   

It's disco time people, lol.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Glass-Steagall legislation was struck down during the Clinton administration, the dot com bubble burst shortly thereafter because of that, the funding law was changed during that same period, yes?.

This all started when the law to prevent another "Great depression" was struck down, the banks have been playing games with other people's money since that time.

Our economy is based on nothing of substance and because of that we don't need workers to produce anything of substance anymore.

It won't work for long without removing a factor here or a factor there. The question is which factor will be removed, and how.

Bill wasn't as smart as he was devious and in league with the worst aspects of humanity, legislation has been passed putting a stranglehold on everything ever since. According to Clinton, and other legal types, we are not losing any freedom, freedoms' interpretation is being changed to suit their purposes.

More of us better wake up soon and agree on an action to take before it's illegal to even talk to one another.

?

edit on 1-10-2013 by MyHappyDogShiner because: idunno

edit on 1-10-2013 by MyHappyDogShiner because: gliy

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   

MyHappyDogShiner

Glass-Steagall legislation was struck down during the Clinton administration, the dot com bubble burst shortly thereafter because of that, the funding law was changed during that same period, yes?.

This all started when the law to prevent another "Great depression" was struck down, the banks have been playing games with other people's money since that time.

Our economy is based on nothing of substance and because of that we don't need workers to produce anything of substance anymore.

It won't work for long without removing a factor here or a factor there. The question is which factor will be removed, and how.

Bill wasn't as smart as he was devious and in league with the worst aspects of humanity, legislation has been passed putting a stranglehold on everything ever since. According to Clinton, and other legal types, we are not losing any freedom, freedoms' interpretation is being changed to suit their purposes.

More of us better wake up soon and agree on an action to take before it's illegal to even talk to one another.

?

edit on 1-10-2013 by MyHappyDogShiner because: idunno

edit on 1-10-2013 by MyHappyDogShiner because: gliy

Great points...

Every town of any size used to make something.

Now it seems we just don't want the mess.

Big mistake.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

thesaneone

You might see something different if you lived in my neighborhood right outside of Ft Knox KY. 5000 civilians are without jobs today. Most of post is closed down. It is not NORMAL here at all.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by k21968

We are bloated and broke.

My heart goes out to those employed by the government.

They had to know this was a possibility.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join