It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery men parachute down near World Trade Center around 3 a.m. — and vanish

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Police in New York are searching for two men who appear to have parachuted onto a lower Manhattan street near Ground Zero before dawn on Monday and disappeared, authorities said.

Two men wearing black suits and black helmets were spotted by a security camera alighting onto a street near Goldman Sachs Group Inc's lower Manhattan headquarters at 3:07 a.m. Monday, the New York Police Department's chief spokesman, John McCarthy, said.
The pair landed near 200 West Street, a 43-story office tower located several blocks west of One World Trade Center, one of the sites of the September 11, 2001, attacks.
Cameras near the site captured the final descent, but authorities have yet to determine whether the men jumped from a nearby rooftop or out of an aircraft.
"They were seen walking with parachutes away from the location," NYPD Commissioner Ray Kelly said after a departmental promotion ceremony on Monday, local media reported.
"No banners, notes were left," Kelly said. "They walked away from the (security) camera. We don't know how they left."
McCarthy said the NYPD investigation is ongoing and declined further comment.

Well that's kind of odd.

Something maybe for a documentary or film?

Link 1
Li nk 2

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
or they could just be Base Jumpers and did it for the challenge\thrill.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

yeah that could be it. I doubt they would get away with it during the day.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

opethPA
or they could just be Base Jumpers and did it for the challenge\thrill.
thats exactly what i was going to say,nothing unusual at all.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

SERIOUSLY???!!
What the deuce?

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Lady_Tuatha
reply to post by opethPA

yeah that could be it. I doubt they would get away with it during the day.
people do stuff like this all the time so i wouldn,t say they couldn,t get away with it,if no ones expecting it then of course its possible.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by sparky31

yeah its possible but if you are going to do stuff like this during the day then you have a much higher chance of being reprimanded for it.

It is kind of weird that they are saying that they can not yet determine if they jumped from a plane or a building, surely they would know what aircraft was around?

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Lady_Tuatha

yeah its possible but if you are going to do stuff like this during the day then you have a much higher chance of being reprimanded for it.

It is kind of weird that they are saying that they can not yet determine if they jumped from a plane or a building, surely they would know what aircraft was around?

I am going to omit the obvious puns which might arise from your quoted text here, due to them being bad taste.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Lady_Tuatha

yeah and if you do it in the dark you have more chance of dying,base jumpers don,t care about being arrested,its what they expect.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Lady_Tuatha

Isn't that airspace a no-fly zone? My guess is they jumped off a nearby tall building.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

opethPA
or they could just be Base Jumpers and did it for the challengethrill.

My thoughts too. If that is the case...it will eventually show up on youtube.....almost all base jumpers wear helmet cams now.

Des

edit on 30-9-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

So they couldn't possibly have been professional crooks who just robbed a nearby business of information, namely US Citizens Arch Nemesis.....Goldman Sachs.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   

AnonymousCitizen
Isn't that airspace a no-fly zone? My guess is they jumped off a nearby tall building.

Could be base jumpers...

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
How many base jumpers are going off a high rise building (it would have had to be one of the taller ones) at 3 in the morning? Additionally, I picked up a couple audio books to rent over the years from members of the U.S. Military's various service demonstration teams for parachute displays. Jumping amid buildings with all the wind currents they make unto themselves is described as a major major issue. It seems just about insane to do for thrills in the dark.

It's hard to imagine a plane, but then, it's awfully hard to imagine this alternative too. It's not like we haven't been at war now for almost 13 years and whatever people want to say about Al Qaeda? Someone has killed thousands of our people while we've killed more of theirs than they have of ours.

If they wanted in with no pesky crap like border control or customs searches....what better way than about that time of the morning? Neither possibility sounds likely....but the camera apparently says so, eh? They didn't teleport there.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Maybe they have been playing GTA and decided to try Parachuting for real.
To much GTA stuff happen in New York lately maybe its a false flag to ban games jokes

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Could be base jumpers who snuck in and stole a hidden version of the book "The B thing" with all the extra curricular activities added and jumped from an improvised balcony to escape the new and improved security.

Just a feel thing

edit on 1-10-2013 by MinorityReporter because: OOps

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000
How many base jumpers are going off a high rise building (it would have had to be one of the taller ones) at 3 in the morning?

Actually quite a few..

It takes a few seconds to find videos of base jumpers doing what they do at night because they are less likely to get caught at 3am then say 3pm.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

Hmmm... I imagine that would be of little consolation to the poor guy walking down the street, minding his own business when ...far above, some idiot with a death wish decides to cheat fate one time too many for wind currents or a bad parachute. Imagine....oblivious John Q....falling idiot... then... then...

I couldn't bear to watch the rest, even imagined. Some people earn their Darwin awards. They just don't get the gold if they take someone with 'em, so outside cities, like off bridges and cliff edges, is so much more considerate. At least in my humble opinion.

new topics

top topics

join