It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama to speak soon about Shutdown

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

k21968

Well I am sure the 14000 people in my community would be insulted by your whimsical attitude.

These people who will not get paid have families.

Do you not have a heart??

I do, however, agree to cut their pay. I think if they were fined for every minute this goes past midnight they would get a solution fast!
edit on 30-9-2013 by k21968 because: (no reason given)

Bummer for you. However, bummer for the rest of us if they don't stand their ground. Take a look at the big picture for heavens sake. The moment Obamacare takes off, most employers will drop their employees to part time. Then those people will have to buy their own healthcare with half the money they used to get. Those people have families too. All the things they were going to buy they wont be able to now so all the places that sell those things will go out of business. Pretty sure a lot of them have families too.

And here is the kicker.... less spending by those now part time and jobless = less tax money. Less tax money = no more $ for you anyway.

I know, you don't care about everyone else just you and your community.

Who's heartless now?

I know, looking at the long term is scary.
Heck, looking at just October is scary.
At this point, no matter the decisions made, we will all have to deal with some scary consequences.

As for who is really heartless, we are all guilty. Every last one of us is guilty of taking care of our own.
edit on 30-9-2013 by mrsdudara because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Bicent76

LOL why doesn't Obama, just put in one of his executive orders and pass his own budget.. I am sure he would if he could get away with it..

edit on 30-9-2013 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

HAHAHA actually Im wondering if that isnt why he was so late coming on tv, with such a short message. that was probably his plan. Someone probably stopped him and said, um you cant do that. I swear this man has no idea how it actually works. Yes, one group CAN indeed stop the rest, its called voting.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Bicent76
reply to post by Quyll

did anyone hear what he was telling us about the Unicorn, and Pegasus? I was in the kitchen, but I could have sworn he said the republicans stole cinderella's magic slipper and if she does not get it back by midnight tonight, no more fairy tale bullcrap, and magical miracles will happen..

LOL why doesn't Obama, just put in one of his executive orders and pass his own budget.. I am sure he would if he could get away with it..

edit on 30-9-2013 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

That statement that he made is a bit concerning especially the part about magic miracles because he can do a lot more than write his own budget, he can sign an executive order that legally gives him control of everything!

On March 16th, President Obama signed a new Executive Order which expands upon a prior order issued in 1950 for Disaster Preparedness, and gives the office of the President complete control over all the resources in the United States in times of war or emergency.

The National Defense Resources Preparedness order gives the Executive Branch the power to control and allocate energy, production, transportation, food, and even water resources by decree under the auspices of national defense and national security. The order is not limited to wartime implementation, as one of the order's functions includes the command and control of resources in peacetime determinations.

www.examiner.com...

If the government shuts down he can legally sign an executive order declaring an emergency and taking control of all the resources in the country.When will the emergency be over and the resources returned to their rightfully owners? whenever HE says it`s over. It could be a day, a week, a month, a year or never.The next few days should be interesting.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Tardacus

So...in other words...

We're all completely and royally screwed because this is probably what's going to happen.

Awesome

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Claiming to be a constitutional lawyer would mean he is well versed in constitutional arbitrage.

Yup, just another lawyer.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Tardacus

If the government shuts down he can legally sign an executive order declaring an emergency and taking control of all the resources in the country.When will the emergency be over and the resources returned to their rightfully owners? whenever HE says it`s over. It could be a day, a week, a month, a year or never.The next few days should be interesting.

Things would get very interesting if he tried. Wouldn't they? All hell will break loose.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by mrsdudara

Yep, things might get a little crazy. that article says that it`s only been done twice before in american history and in both of those cases the people didn`t get their rights back until after both of those presidents died. so, it seems that once a president does that they don`t want to give that power up.

Executive Orders created for national defense and national preparedness are not new in American history, but in each instance they brought about a Constitutional crisis that nearly led standing Presidents to hold dictatorial power over the citizenry. During the Civil War, President Lincoln halted freedom of speech and freedom of the press, while at the same time revoking Habeas Corpus and the right to a fair trial under the sixth amendment. During World War I, when Congress refused to grant Woodrow Wilson extended power over resources to help the war effort, he invoked an Executive Order which allowed him complete control over businesses, industry, transportation, food, and other economic policies.

In both cases, it was only after the death of each President that full Constitutional powers were restored to the citizens of the United States.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
The only part of the shutdown that bothers me is our military men and woman.. They have to go dodge bullets for free! My brother has 21 years in the army.. He's currently stationed in Wisconsin.. He was told today to report to work tomorrow, if they do shut down. then he's off work until they resolve it.. Not so for those over seas.. They still have to report to work and all for free.. Those who get injured or worse during this fiasco.. I place their blood on Obama.. This healthcare is not pressing or detrimental.. It can be pushed back a year and hopefully in a stronger economy.. We're broadcasting to our enemy's that security will be lax.. What better time for some terrorist to hit.. Maybe that's what they(ptb) want to happen.. Enabling them to seize control openly..

You know to "protect" us weak scared little citizens..

All those threads that I passed up or skimmed over the years.. Thinking them paranoid, extreme or fringe.. I can see how some can play out now..

Or maybe I'm tired, been on this site too much lately and the beers talking...

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Willtell
I am not an Obama supporter but compared to the GOP Tea party he is Abraham Lincoln, George Washington and Thomas Jefferson all rolled up in one.

These men would rise from the grave if they could
and show you how wrong you are.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

Dude take some deep breaths

Are you serious?????

yes

Take a gander at my post history!!!!

no.

I usually stay out of other countries debates strictly because I don't have the access to the propaganda and so called news that they are fed on a daily basis!!! Also, what happens in other countries is of none of my concern because I have no influence on how their government behaves!! UNLIKE YOURSELF!

Well thats all very nice for you but please dont expect the same from other members, this is a international forum it is not a "American forum" I am free to express my opinion on matters pertaining to American issues if you dont like that then tough. And this is more than just a American issue, its a global issue that could have a impact on everyone so please, shut up, if i want to talk about American issues I will bloody well talk about them.

You dont have to respond with your arrogant comments as if you are some how better than me and your opinions matter more just because you happen to be living on the other side of the pond.

so yeah, deal with it.

if you dont like the international nature of this forum thats your problem but dont try to silence me just because you dont like where i am from. Its actually boarder line racism because you are effectively telling me I cannot/should not discuss this issue just because of my ethnic origin (British) and you would not be saying the same to a American.

For you to say I am picking on you because you are from the UK, (OR WORKING FOR LANGLEY) is totally BS!!!!

if i am WORKING FOR LANGLEY, then I would be American and so your points have no merit.

Perhaps you should pay more attention to how your government is screwing up your country?????

oh please, believe me, I know where my own government is screwing up, but that does not mean i can't also comment when other states screw up.

I mean I am guessing by your logic i should not comment on anything regarding Syria either because I am not Syrian.

Please again, I beg of you to show me where I have put my nose in another countries political problems as you have put your nose into mine!!!

You can "beg" me all you want but it's not going to make any difference mate, just because you seem to be hold a rather narrow minded world view that seems to ignore anything outside of American interests does not mean that you should expect the same from every one else.

The fact that you only seem to care about American issues is really not something to be proud of.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join