It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nukes Made Too Easily

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 03:44 PM
link   
It is just a matter of time folks, Nukes are too easily made to prevent third world nations from obtaining them. Let me demonstrate...
The creepy reality discussed briefly here..
www.learnersonline.com...
Designs and diagrams are all over the internet, just to name a few...
www.cnduk.org...
www.hiroshima-is.ac.jp...
The components are easy to get a hold of...
www.unitednuclear.com...
And the raw material...
www.atomicrocks.com...
E-Bay.com

It is sad to think we led the way to this technology, now it is widely available and not as ahrd to do as most folks choose to belive it is...

**Added Url Tag for smaller screens

[edit on 14-11-2004 by TrickmastertricK]

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Its never been hard to make a nuclear weapon most of the stuff can be bought at a place like Radio shack plans can be found in books and the internet.They are pretty simple designs to make, implosion or bullet type. The hard part is getting the refined Uranium. Its has to be refined, regular Uranium is useless.

Refining the Uranium is a complex and expensive process. A nulcear weapon backmarket price is about $250 million. So if you had the connections and $250 million you could get one.

[edit on 14-11-2004 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 03:59 PM
link   
well, nuclear weapons are for the most part very simple devices
the only real complicated/hard part is getting your hands on that enrichecd Urainium-235 (U-238 is basically useless)
once you get that, happy nuking for you

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
Its never been hard to make a nuclear weapon most of the stuff can be bought at a place like Radio shack plans can be found in books and the internet.They are pretty simple designs to make, implosion or bullet type. The hard part is getting the refined Uranium. Its has to be refined, regular Uranium is useless.

Refining the Uranium is a complex and expensive process. A nulcear weapon backmarket price is about $250 million. So if you had the connections and $250 million you could get one.

[edit on 14-11-2004 by ShadowXIX]

Don't forget the fact, once you get to that stage your probabley being watched very closely.

Vorta

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 04:23 PM
link   
That picture on that site is awesome.

I should steal it for my avatar.

www.unitednuclear.com...

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vorta

Don't forget the fact, once you get to that stage your probabley being watched very closely.

Vorta

True, Plus the fact your best chance might be getting it from some pretty bad dudes, Perhaps the Russian Maffia and they might just kill you and take your 250 million or sell you a fake. No nuke for you.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   
"The looseness of nuclear controls in key areas even within the US is evidenced by the US government having sold at surplus $10 million worth of major components of nuclear reprocessing equipment, blueprints, flow sheets and manuals suitable for making bomb-grade uranium to a fellow in Pocatello, Idaho for less than $160,000." -- Ike Jeanes quoting WSJ Aug 3rd 1994

Thought this might be of interest.

I am stunned at the number of humans who are not really willing to discuss nuclear war. They all imagine that we will be killed by the concussive blast or 'knocked out' and have a painless death or something. But HEAT comes first from a nuke. Your first sensation will be that of having your flesh microwaved right down to your skeleton. Your retinas may be burned with the image of other humans melting in front of you. The concussive blast which ruptures your eardrums will reverberate through your colon. You will be shaken to pieces, screaming.

Do you believe in reincarnation? Imagine the trauma to your higher self, particularly in connection with the mega-death event in which many are hurt and lost in the afterlife. Many of these screams will echo for a long time.

There are a thousand deaths preferable to death in nuclear explosion. Why are we so willing to do this to ourselves?

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Thank you for this article twitchy, it sent me on an all day research mission final resulting in me sitting down and watching Atomic Cafe.

I love the graphic of the nerd and the uranium.

But HEAT comes first from a nuke. Your first sensation will be that of having your flesh microwaved right down to your skeleton. Your retinas may be burned with the image of other humans melting in front of you. The concussive blast which ruptures your eardrums will reverberate through your colon. You will be shaken to pieces, screaming.

You do realise this would occure in less then about 1 second right? You wouldn't even know what the hell was happening to you in the amount of time it took to die. Your brain would be subjected to the same damage as the rest of your body and you'd be dead before you even knew you were in trouble. UNLESS of course you were a fair distence from the explosion.. in which case okay yeah.. you do stand a bit of a chance of a slow and painfull death.

These arn't hiroshima nukes though guy. These things either tend to kill or not kill. They don't really release the same amount of radiation either as those other two bombs did.. (they were 'dirty'). I wouldn't sweat the chances of this happening to you buddy.. don't worry too much about it, k?

Do you believe in reincarnation? Imagine the trauma to your higher self, particularly in connection with the mega-death event in which many are hurt and lost in the afterlife. Many of these screams will echo for a long time.

No I don't believe in it. And .. this would kinda defeat the purpose of reincarnation wouldn't it? Suffering from something done to you in another life time by someone else? Pretty cruel universe if things work that way really.

I think I would like to build a nuke that doesn't actually work. You think you'd get in trouble for that? Like that dude who built that cruise missle for less then $5000?

Ever see the fictional film "The manhatten project"?

Kid built a nuke. No plutonium. Something goes wrong. Can't remember what. Have to rent it again (haven't seen it in years).

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vis Mega

But HEAT comes first from a nuke. Your first sensation will be that of having your flesh microwaved right down to your skeleton. Your retinas may be burned with the image of other humans melting in front of you. The concussive blast which ruptures your eardrums will reverberate through your colon. You will be shaken to pieces, screaming.

You do realise this would occure in less then about 1 second right? You wouldn't even know what the hell was happening to you in the amount of time it took to die. Your brain would be subjected to the same damage as the rest of your body and you'd be dead before you even knew you were in trouble. UNLESS of course you were a fair distence from the explosion.. in which case okay yeah.. you do stand a bit of a chance of a slow and painfull death.

Heh I was thinking the same as I read that quote. I thought, not only would you not feel anything, but you would not even budge. You would look down at your body to find you dont have a body, and were instantly rendered a spirit, just standing there. Until you see the light...

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 03:12 AM
link   
If nuclear weapons were that easy to build, every single country in the world would have a well stocked supply to threaten its neighbours with, don't you think? Building an atomic bomb is an incredibly complicated and difficult process: take India for example. They did have access to the raw material (some of the world's biggest pekblenda fields, one of uranium's minerals, are in India), they did have the machinery and the know-how (both purchased abroad and developed locally), they did have the brains, still it took them an enormous effort to produce an handful of working devices. Can't tell about Pakistan, since it's not perfectly clear if their devices are home-made or come form China (most probably). If building a nuclear weapon simply required surfing the internet and dealing with the Russian Mafia, they wouldn't have bothered squandering a good share of their GDP, building extensive facilities and hiring first-class nuclear scientists and engineers. Too bad the medias nowadays (probably backed by the government) want us to believe that to make an "atomic" bomb all you need is some explosive and a piece of uranium/plutonium: probably most journos think that an atomic bomb is just an hand grenade with some radioactive material taped on. Also, there's some misconception about the size and weight of an atomic bomb. While it's possible to build a small nuclear weapon, it would still be incredibly heavy: transatomic elements are incredibly dense and you should need some kind of protection not to fry your men before the time is due and to avoid detection from Geiger meters. The world's smallest atomic warheads were the ones built for the US "Davy Crocket" project. They were never deployed because they were incredibly dangerous to handle, having little or no shielding. Moreover, miniaturized components are even more expensive than "standard" fare. In short, people are starting to question if a terrorist organization could build and field an atomic weapon. The answer is that they don't need to bother with nuclear and chemical weapons, both expensive to build and difficult to deploy. Madrid showed that conventional explosive, cheap to buy and easy to handle, will do the job all too well. Iraq shows every day that "simple" carbombs can kill dozens of people. It's the grim reality of it all.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 03:26 AM
link   
No, the only difficult part is the enrichment process. Your mistaken if you think they aren't easy to manufacture once you have the enriched uranium. Yeah, it might be difficult for Joe Blow to make one in his basement, but not as hard as you seem to think it is. We are talking about 1940's technology here. All a nuke is, is a device that basically rams uranium together. I saw a listing on ebay a while back for a subterfuge or whatever it is they use to enrich uranium with, they had a disclaimer that they would not sell it to terrorists, but one day on ebay and google, revealed some frightening realities. International pressure and oversight is the only thing that keeps any real check on nuclear proliferation, and that has given way to greed and corruption. Nations like Israel aren't even willing to discuss their nuclear arsenals, and nuclear weapons are no longer a rarity. The third world isn't going to sit for long and listen to threats from Nuke touting superpowers, you can bet on that one.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Right now we have'nt cornered the market on them 'ole nukes. I agree with most of the other replies in that it is pretty is to do. You can buy most of your hardware at any junkyard and the electric componets at any decent ele. supply place. Im in total agreement that the one component that is needed for the bomb is at a min. U-235 With the demise of the Russian motherland, they have given up the majority of their nuke. stockpiles and Im quite certain that some of it has found it's way into the hands of some terrorists. We need to be on alert to insure that this material does not make it to any of the U.S.'s ports. If that happens God be with us all.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 04:25 AM
link   

You do realise this would occure in less then about 1 second right?

Incorrect. In easily available footage, you will see animals burning and writhing in pain before the blast wave hits. One second is wishful thinking.

A one MT nuke will cause 3+psi destruction for approximately 105 square miles. If you are on the periphery and in line of sight, you will certainly feel the heat before the blast wave hits. Not to mention if you happen to be within overlapping boundaries of multiple nukes.

new topics

top topics

join