It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

iOS 7: users destroy iPhones after fake waterproof advert

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Britster1821
reply to post by tracehd1

Did we forget about self-accountability? Do your really want to chance ruining your $600+ phone? Waterproof or not, I take certain measures to make sure my device isn't anywhere near water. The waterproof thing should be a failsafe if anything.
Suing the people who made this ad? Really?
LOL, I can't believe that was even said.

I don't feel bad for the idiots who ruined their phones.

----

Stupid I am not ... but then again I have THIS BABY as my main phone
and I can DUNK IT ANYWHERE even in EXPLOSIVE-GAS ENVIRONMENTS!

Sonim xp5560 Bolt-2 IS (Intrinsically Safe) Ruggedized phone:
mobilebusiness.bell.ca...

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   
They can't put anything that isn't true on the innernet.
Right?

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

If people are stupid enough to think a software update makes their iPhones water proof, they deserve what they get.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by PtolemyII

I have had a waterproof phone for a year and a half in the us, kyocera hydro. went straight to it after loosing my cell phone in a flooded transformer vault for ten minutes.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I probably would have believed this but I have lost many phones to water. So right of the bat I would have been skeptical but wouldn't test it until I accidentally dropped it in the toilet. I am aware there are some awesome water proof shock proof or whatever proof, but my whole family has I phones and they break constantly.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I bet Apple themselves are the ones who came up with this.

"Hey guys-- I just came up with a great idea-- better than the planned obsolescence thing with the ipods, only we won't get sued for this one, because we'll just blame it on 4Chan or something!"

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   
damn this sucks for iphone users i dont have a phone

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   

LeonTheProfessional
reply to post by PhoenixOD

I for one love this. The stupidity of the average person will never cease to amaze me. A software update that magically waterproofs the internal circuits...lol priceless.
Instant classic. And far more respectable that the infamous 4chan epilepsy raid. These people actually deserve what they got in this instance IMO

While I don't exactly disagree with you, to be fair, those fake ads were pretty cleverly done. IMO the logic they came up with (the new OS allows the phone to detect temperature change or whatever it is, shutting off the power, etc) isn't the most implausible lie I've ever heard....

...but yeah.... anyone who saw one of these and somehow thought it would be a good idea to drop their iphone into a bucket of water probably isn't the brightest bulb in the box....

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join