It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beautiful moments we cherish...Whats yours

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
So I though we could all use a reminder of what it is that keeps us going. Why we try to overcome all the evil we see in the world and in ourselves.

Our memories of "better" days. I know its relative to where you were and how you saw things since evil has never stopped existing. That said good has not stopped existing either. Evil too is just as relative to your point of view.

So I will start things off.

One of my best memories was being in the botanical gardens in DC with my family.

We were all together and getting along then. My sisters were getting ready for college and we went to look at some schools in DC. My mother was alive and still married to my father. The family businesses were doing well after a long haul of hard work. We were all healthy and happy.

We went into a butterfly dome they had where countless species were just fluttering about.

I remember lifting my arm and putting my finger up and a huge brightly colored butterfly instantly landed on it. I laughed and looked at my family almost posing for a group picture. I took that picture in my mind. I was conscious of saving it for ever.

Since then everything has changed...as is to be expected ....but I can sometimes feel like that little kid looking on at his world in order with a beautiful creature sitting on his little finger.....greeting him in his joy....

That moment will never be taken from me.

What is your treasure? Where do you go?

We could use it. Share and remind us of what is truly important ....and who we really are.

edit on 9 30 2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
There are two beautiful moments that I cherish off the top of my head, granted there are many more.

These two beautiful moments were watching my two sons going to school for the first time. The looks on their faces and everything about it... something I can never forget.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by tadaman

Great threads tadaman! (I don't actually know what you're wearing, relax).

I have been remembering and mentioning to people my cross country trips with my grandparents in a motorhome. Carlsbad Caverns and a multitude of places I never even knew the names of, I want to do it again.

It was sometimes irritating but, the vast majority of it was undoubtedly some of my best childhood memories.

Thanks for reminding me!

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Hanging out on the beach with my wife.Seems every moment was magical then,especially during weather events.
Best days of my life.We did this for nearly a decade...

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
my wedding day. the first time i had me the sweet cheeba.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Tidying up in the kitchen a couple of weeks back as my young son had the brekkie i had just made him.... i idly gazed through to the lounge to see what The Rocket Monkeys were up to and i saw him dunk his jammy toast into his cup of tea, and then tilt his head back to dangle the sloppy mess into his mouth while om-nomming.

He's definately mine

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by skalla

Jammy toast dunked in tea
pure bliss

Mine are tinged with sadness but I always look back at my first wife and we shared a birthday and I took her out to the swankeyest restaurant in London in a borrowed tweed suit and she had her little black dress on and looked amazing, my heart skipped a beat seeing her when she walked in. I just thought wow Iam a lucky bugger.
I spent 300 quid on that meal and bubbley and we were treated like the most important couple in london, our table was upgraded to sit on the balcony and after that we went dancing in a cocktail bar and had every cocktail on the menu.
Never loved anyone like her and never will.
RIP L. xxx

edit on 30-9-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Mine would probably be the births of each of my 3 kids... I had high risk pregnancies and ill never forget the love,pride & relief that filled me when I finally got too look in to each of their eyes

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Mine was just a week or so ago. My husband, 3 girls (2,4,7) and I had the BEST dinner- together. My husband works full time at night and goes to school during the day. So dinners are usually apart, and if Together, then rushed. But we all ate together, took our time. The actual food was not good, but I couldn't have been happier. The girls were all in good moods, no fighting or crying. My husband and I were able to sit back without referring an argument! It's actually the best dinner I think I have ever had. I don't want to ever want to forget it.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Mine would be... being on the beach with my partner at night just looking up at the stars, reminiscing childhood & highschool life & having laughs (despite the facts that i was getting eaten alive by mozzies lol).
It was just a beautiful summer night with no one else around, it felt like our own little private island

new topics

top topics

join