It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SUV Runs over a Biker/ 1 killed during incident

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
An SUV gets mad, no patients, self-righteous, rode rage and ends up killing someone on a bike during the DC 911 bike ride. I find this sooooo appalling but also as nooooo surprise.

I ride a 1200 Sport Limited/ Custom Harley and I have almost been hit and hit on a couple occasions. A woman was on her cell phone one time and when we both slammed on our brakes... I looked right in her face as she was laughing w/ the person on the other end. She never rolled her window down and apologized.

A guy hit me so hard from behind that he bent my right steel foot peg in half. ( I didn't drop my bike... lol ) As fate would have it, the accident happened right in front of a Harley dealer outside of San Fran. Anyways... This video again is not of an idiot not pay attention, it's of an idiot who loses patients.

I've been fed up w/ the holier then thou attitude of a huge portion of our society. I hear people bragging about, "Having no filter" and they think it propels them into the honesty club. What it tells me is that the person has no class. People also have the attitude that including themselves and their family you or anyone else " Can 't touch them" because their the best.

People have lost the art of listening and respect... Instead... 0 zero tolerance for those not like them.
edit on 30-9-2013 by tracehd1 because: Correct

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

Obviously the driver was WAY out of line by hitting the biker. No way around it.

That said, I will say that bikers need to learn to share the road just as much as cars are supposed to share the road with them. This whole group riding, passing cars on both sides, surrounding them, and the general attitude that everyone should just back off of bikers is asinine.

Bikers tend to be, by far, the most dangerous drivers on the road.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
The police reported that no one died. The way these bikers were acting they were lucky they didn't meet up with someone that was armed. I don't blame the driver of the SUV at all if my family were in danger I would do the same.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
So a biker cuts the dude off and hits his breaks. Gets rear ended, so him and his buddies try to drag him out of the car and beat the # out of him, dude panics and hits the gas. So much wrong here..... Don't ride with idiots, it may get you killed.....

link   
reply to post by tracehd1

I ride a gsxr 1000 and was hit twice from cars not looking and went to trauma once cause of it. This video show motorcyclists acting like jackasses. The video shows the car driver (cager) seemed to e defending his family.

link   
I already started a thread on this, www.abovetopsecret.com...

ETA..It's closed for staff review but hopefully it will be open again soon.
edit on 30-9-2013 by scrog77 because: (no reason given)

link   
It's a flash mob on motorcycles.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Obviously you're right... Respect. However... Just because you may be right doesn't give you permission to take a life. It means... Call the cops.

2ndly... I can't say who started this mess... And it doesn't matter!!!! Common sense. People are so afraid these days to ever admit they're wrong or forget backing down.... If your right , lets spill blood!

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Have any of the stories really gone into what started this before the film starts up?

These sure aren't 1% bikers...they don't even have common bikes. Some are Endurance bikes by the look of it and some are crotch rockets. The only thing I don't see it a full dress Goldwing to represent the old fogy crowd.

So what pissed them off so much as to make a rolling stop across a major highway...in a state where the cops would find that about as humorous as vigilante justice on the Subway?

I'm not sure anything justifies what they did...but something made them think so. I'm really curious what that was?

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

new topics

top topics

join