It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Govt Shutdown Linked To OPBLACKOUT? (OCT 1st)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I know most of you saw the website before it was mysteriously shut down close to Oct 1st. Tomorrow we will find out what will really happen with that Opblackout buzz that's been lurking around the internet and social media for the past 3 weeks. I was wondering because white house confirms their taking direction torwards a government shutdown. So what if the massive blackout scenerio that was predicted a few weeks ago on www.opblackout.com...
is actually linked to the upcoming gov shutdown. Something is about to go down guys...
The site had a countdown and gathered almost 100k likes and tweets before being shutdown. It contained an anonymous logo or something like that. Some say it's a hoax as well.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Yes.

It's an indication that something *will* happen tomorrow.

Definitely not looking good.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I have a stupid question here.... If the Government itself may shut down in all but absolutely critical areas at 12:01 Eastern time tonight ...and the masses of protesters are planning some big direct action move tomorrow as well....

umm.. Help? How do I tell the difference? Gov't B.S., IF it actually runs through this time, will overshadow everything else tomorrow for events and cause to effect? I have NO clue how we'd ever pull out actions by hackers or protesters from the pure chaos of Dumb happening from D.C. to Frisco?

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Tomorrow is gonna be rather boring, and cloudy.
Bring an umbrella.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

All around? I tend to agree... I'll be honestly shocked if they don't make a deal tonight. Congress seems to personally find amusement in stressing the public like this. I imagine them in back rooms, sipping scotch and laughing hysterically at what they do to so many across the nation...totally without need or purpose.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Agreed - while it all seems like it's building to something momentous, the most likely outcome is that nothing will happen. They will probably meet some last minute decision that keeps things moving.

I know a lot of eyes are on this FEMA Section III and all the arms orders and the like, but we also know the fiscal year starts over at October 1st as well. My own feelings also tend to be this: If the Government was going to take actual overt action against the people, they wouldn't do it to just one area. It be everywhere at once, and probably happen without as much observable fanfare as this September 29th-October 1st worry.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Yea, i think they will have something before midnight too, but on the off chance that it doesn't happen it could then be indicative of some other event to take place in the near future. That quake thread comes to mind, as do all the other threads talking about the beginning of October.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by UnmitigatedDisaster

That the government will "control" the masses all at once is not possible. They would require numbers they do not have, and not to mention the armed patriots. This is why the "red dawn" play would never work in the US, too many trained, armed americans in places you would never find, until... estimate at 100 million armed people defending their rights or property, on their turf, technology will only get you so far. You think Afganistan is tough, you really want to test Billy-Bob in his 4WD with 30 years of owning and using his many rifles in his backyard? These tax funded traitors will have to pull off a big one, and we are being prepped for it, make no mistake, plans are in motion, but they underestimate the true patriots, and this will be their very downfall, the manicured, self proclaimed elite will go down easily and swiftly to their knees. But for this Admin, I put nothing past them, look at their crystal agenda... and it will fail.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by juice656

I don't know, out of all the DOOM you read about good ol government doom seems to be the one you can count on.....like someone said they, the politicians, just don't seem to care what we think out here, its all about them and weather THEY survive the vote or the argument or the lie.

This is truly the never ending story.

edit on 30-9-2013 by Battleline because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Remember Remember The 5th of November.

Anonymous Million Mask March

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
freebeacon.com...

WASHINGTON (Reuters)—The U.S. Air Force will shut down its space surveillance system that tracks satellites and other orbiting objects by Oct. 1 due to budget constraints caused by automatic federal budget cuts known as the sequestration, it announced Monday.

Asteroid impacts is a possibility seeing that the military is now blind.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by teslahowitzer

Huh?

If you think the government(s) are incapable of pulling off something like this without people knowing*...then you haven't been paying attention to the same government I have for the past few decades. Deception is their ace, afterall. It's like when they disclose something and everyone flocks over that, when realistically it just means they have something newer and better that we don't know about.

You don't think they have the numbers? DHS, LEOs and various domestic military forces are in huge numbers in every state. If they wanted to they can roll out everything within hours, and crush any initial resistance that happens. You and I both know the vast majority of people will sit down and do what they are told at first. They'll do it out of fear, obedience, hell, loyalty and belief that it's in their best interest. The initial resistance would probably be violent and bloody, but short lived. I'd hope our men and women serving wouldn't turn their guns on us - but who can say for sure?

As for continued patriotic resistance? Of course. I'm in Alaska man. We make Texans look like amateurs when it comes to our prep and gun rights. I just stand by my personal belief that anything they go to do would not be so overt as to be covered by MSM and dozens of independent sites over the past few months, when we also know that this is pretty much the norm for any organization with a "use it or lose it" budget.

edit: I say "without people knowing" as in the vast majority of people, not necessarily "us" here, and also meaning without the vast majority of people knowing it is about to happen. They'll know it happened past tense, but not necessarily when it's about to start. Also I only tease about Texans
Just a bit of fun. It's true though: Texan gun laws seem awful restrictive compared to here

edit on 30-9-2013 by UnmitigatedDisaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Hi. Me again. Yup, tomorrow's the day. Government shutdown, global EMP, alien invasion, asteroid collision, global zombie apocalypse... How will it all end?

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

I suspect, for me, much as it did tonight. Tucking the kid into bed, talking a bit about whatever is on her mind, and quietly hiding my own fears for the future.

I don't expect much beyond that, but I'm as ready as I can personally be.

join