It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freaking Brooklyn Coffee

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
So I lve in a fairly rural area. We have 2 grocery stores: Wal Mart and HEB. Obviously, I shop at HEB.

I buy my KCups from there, since the store brand French Roast (Cafe Ole) is amazing, and only costs about 5.50 for a dozen cups (half of Starbucks, same quality product).

Occasionally, however, they don't have my French Roast kcups. I have tried a few others, and nothing packs that same punch. And since we have limited options, I usually just grab a box of another coffee to "get by".

I noticed a new brand: Brooklyn Coffee Roasters. I decided, "meh, since my brand is out, I will see about theirs". So i bought the "dark roast: Extra Bold" version for 8 bucks a box and hoped for the best.

Extra Bold? dark Roast? It tastes like bitter piss. Horrible, horrible coffee.

Why? Why do people have to screw things up like coffee? It isn't supposed to be hard. Dark roasted beans ground course, hot water, and a french press. The Kcup is a nice convenience and can provide you with an espresso at home sans the barista. But if you can't even get good dark roasted beans.....what good is life?

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Want me to send you a big fat furry parcel all the way over from France mate?

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Rodinus

Want me to send you a big fat furry parcel all the way over from France mate?

Kindest respects

Rodinus

Well, i would be happy if companies would stop making bad coffee.
life is too short for swill.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I tried a random cheap coffee on a whim and honestly I prefer it to ANY other brand now. Its cheap and you can get it at walmart. Its called cafe bustello. Its a fine ground espresso roast and I honestly believe you would like it. Its worth a $3 investment. I would go as far as even calling it a beautiful coffee taste. haha.
edit on 30-9-2013 by bdmay25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   

I order my k cups from that online store, starts with an A. I have only two stores also, one of which is Walmart, and either they do not even carry, or to frequently they are out, so I order online. I always have it on hand that way.

Bummer not to have your coffee, and to be disappointed to boot.

edit on 30-9-2013 by Iamschist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
You can try the refillable K-cups. Buy your own dark roast espresso whole beans, a small $12.00 coffee grinder...fill your own K-cups. Economical, not time consuming, and a fresh brewed cup of espresso every time. You can grind enough beans for several days worth at a time, store in a small glass jar in the fridge. Fresh fresh fresh bold taste in every cup.

Des

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Stop being such a cheapo, you get what you pay for, spend a few extra dollars and buy the Starbucks.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I prefer to get simple old Hills Bros coffee. If that is not on sale I get folgers. I just picked up a 33 oz can of Hills today, enough to make thirty full pots and around twenty half pots.....for $5.85 with a coupon. Saved a buck over the regular sales price.

Let's see, seven bucks a month (since that has been our historical sales amount) We save quite a bit over those K cups. Having only one cup in the morning for both of us would cost $27.50......one cup won't get me started, I need at least two. Then we would have to pay another $27.50 for coffee after supper.

I can't see spending $82.50 a month instead of $7.00. I think that they are conditioning people to waste lots of money nowadays. Strong coffee is not really that good for you. You get used to weaker coffee when you drink it for a while, two cups of coffee has more water than one.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

bdmay25
I tried a random cheap coffee on a whim and honestly I prefer it to ANY other brand now. Its cheap and you can get it at walmart. Its called cafe bustello. Its a fine ground espresso roast and I honestly believe you would like it. Its worth a $3 investment. I would go as far as even calling it a beautiful coffee taste. haha.

Usually if i buy coffee that isn't in a kcup, i prefer Illy. It is pricey, however (but comes with a swank little can). I tried one that had an odd name, and I like it. At home I prepare my coffee in a french press, so can be a little more adventurous. But in a KCup....you get what you get.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

rickymouse
I prefer to get simple old Hills Bros coffee. If that is not on sale I get folgers. I just picked up a 33 oz can of Hills today, enough to make thirty full pots and around twenty half pots.....for $5.85 with a coupon. Saved a buck over the regular sales price.

Let's see, seven bucks a month (since that has been our historical sales amount) We save quite a bit over those K cups. Having only one cup in the morning for both of us would cost $27.50......one cup won't get me started, I need at least two. Then we would have to pay another $27.50 for coffee after supper.

I can't see spending $82.50 a month instead of $7.00. I think that they are conditioning people to waste lots of money nowadays. Strong coffee is not really that good for you. You get used to weaker coffee when you drink it for a while, two cups of coffee has more water than one.

I go through about 36 kcups a week while at work. The thought of not having good espresso makes me want to just drink Diet Dr Pepper instead.

Its not that its weaker. its that it tastes bad.
edit on 30-9-2013 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Destinyone
You can try the refillable K-cups. Buy your own dark roast espresso whole beans, a small $12.00 coffee grinder...fill your own K-cups. Economical, not time consuming, and a fresh brewed cup of espresso every time. You can grind enough beans for several days worth at a time, store in a small glass jar in the fridge. Fresh fresh fresh bold taste in every cup.

Des

I have a couple of those. The brew comes out weak. Very weak in comparison.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan

bdmay25

Usually if i buy coffee that isn't in a kcup, i prefer Illy. It is pricey, however (but comes with a swank little can). I tried one that had an odd name, and I like it. At home I prepare my coffee in a french press, so can be a little more adventurous. But in a KCup....you get what you get.

OK I gotcha pal! Sorry I totally missed that this was about Kcups.
Ive been wanting to get a french press, do you think it would work on fine espresso ground coffee or should it be a larger ground bean?

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan

Destinyone

Des

I have a couple of those. The brew comes out weak. Very weak in comparison.

Set your coffee grinder to fine grind. All espresso and Turkish style coffee is a very fine grind. You get much more robust and bold flavor from it. Plus you get a major boost in the caffeine levels.

Des

top topics

join