It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My name is John B. Alexander, Ph.D. I’ve researched many controversial topics. Ask me anything

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   

JohnAlexander

totallackey

JohnAlexander

greencmp
reply to post by JohnAlexander

Welcome to ATS!

Do you think that the deployment of so-called non-lethal weapons to domestic law enforcement has been a help or a hinderance to the safety of the American people?

I look forward to hearing this Q&A.
edit on 30-9-2013 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

LEAs call them "less-lethal" and they have already saved thousands of lives, both here and abroad. Like any technology, they can be misused. Training and management are key.

Thank you for gracing ATS with the opportunity of this Q&A.

Do you believe pepper spray is a viable alternative to a firearm in terms of home defense?

It is probably far safer. More people are killed with their own guns, than by intruders. If using pepper spray understand you are attempting to break contact and flee (a good idea) not to subdue a felon. Leave that part to the police. Also, be sure the pepper spray is of sufficient strength. There are few rules in place that address the effectiveness of the spray. You want the police-grade stuff. Also, be careful taking outside your home. The laws about self-defense weapons vary greatly from jurisdiction to jurisdiction.

Thank you very much for your response. I appreciate it!

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Thank you for answering, sir. You are the first guest here from all invited so far who answered a question raised by me. Perhaps you are right, Men in Black do not exist, or at least alien looking ones for sure.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

exiteternity

You claim that UFOs are real and they are not Human. So they must be alien.
What makes for example the Reptilian Agenda at low credibility? If aliens are real, and so are UFOs, why not inter-dimensional reptilian aliens? Youve also claimed you believe in the possibility of spiritual dimension and life after death. So by that logic, the reptilian theory doesnt seem too far fetched. Also considering the many depcitions of reptiles as gods or demons, throughout history and culture.

The same question goes for Phil Schneider and his account on the firefight with the Greys. What makes him at low credibility?

With all due respect of course. Thank you for your time.
edit on 1-10-2013 by exiteternity because: (no reason given)

Have heard of reptilians for decades and you are right about depictions throughout history. That said, we don't see much evidence to support the claims.

As for Schneider's assertion of fighting Grey's, I give that as much credibility as me leading a nuclear strike on them at Dulce (and you'll find that nonsense on the Internet as well)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jasmine23

No problem. Sometimes it's difficult to asses what is right from wrong when all the information is not provided or important parts of a story ommited..

I do appreciate your concern for our small island.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   

JohnAlexander

exiteternity

Have heard of reptilians for decades and you are right about depictions throughout history. That said, we don't see much evidence to support the claims.

As for Schneider's assertion of fighting Grey's, I give that as much credibility as me leading a nuclear strike on them at Dulce (and you'll find that nonsense on the Internet as well)

Thank you so much for your clarification!

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Thanks for your time.

What is the question you would most liked to be asked during this session? (If not already addressed)

And what would be your answer?

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Hello sir,

What do you think of the work of french scientist Jean Pierre Petit on MHD propulsion and his claims that the US mastered the technology for decades?

Thank you

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   

JohnAlexander
reply to post by soulwaxer

and on the other hand you seem to be distrustful of anything that would incriminate your government.

I am actually quite distrustful of many things the USG has done. Like most Americans, I find the quality of our elected officials to be abysmal. I think several aspects are well out of control, from eavesdropping to the war on drugs, failure to hold banks and Wall Street accountable for the near collapse of the global economy and manyother things. It is not blind obedience to support the USG by any means. That said, having looked at the 9-11 CTs, they simply don't hold up

I fail to see what the Belgian government has to do with 9/11, nor where I alluded to anything that would or would not incriminate it. This tiny country is pretty much meaningless in the grand scheme of things and we are very much aware of that. What saddens me is that our government - along with the rest of European governments - blindly follows the US narrative on the 'War on Terror'. In the meantime, we are left having to take care of many of the refugees fleeing the war-torn countries in the Middle East and elsewhere.

When I ask your opinion on the official 9/11 narrative, you simply respond with your opinion on "the CTs" and how they don't hold up, i.e. you do not answer my question. I did not propose any specific CTs.
In addition, you ignore the fact that the official narrative is also a CT.

Maybe we are just dealing with a failure to communicate, whatever the cause may be. So I guess we'll just have to "agree to disagree".

Anyhow, I have no further questions for you.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Don't let him fool ya, ImpactoR, don't let him fool ya. Pics, it happened:

MIB 001

I jest of course, and the good Colonel has a sense of humor about it himself it seems. There's also a cool pic of him standing beside a cut-out of Tommy Lee Jones and Will Smith somewhere.

THANK YOU, Col. Alexander, I have enjoyed many of your answers here and you have presented a fun, hyper-intelligent, and gracious personality along with some fascinating viewpoints.

I am disappointed, however, that you seemed to totally sidestep the excellent, timely, and pertinent questions by 727Sky:

John your thoughts on the militarization of the police forces and ad hock organizations tasked for crowd control inside the U.S. borders. Is this a normal evolution of cause and effect or have the inside circles of power that you might be aware of deemed it is essential for the survival of the republic or their own power structures?

There have been many articles about all the alphabet agencies being armed and around here one report of the government buying over 1.7 billion rounds of hollow point ammo got many people's attention.. Comment if you care to or have an opinion?

If you won't answer those very important questions here, publicly, on your AMA, maybe you would at least give us your forecast on why there might be so much preparation?

I'm not sure if your interesting & worthy book (I own a Kindle edition copy myself) has been sufficiently linked here, allow me:

UFOs: Myths, Conspiracies, and Realities by Col. John B. Alexander

edit on 1-10-2013 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   

As for Schneider's assertion of fighting Grey's, I give that as much credibility as me leading a nuclear strike on them at Dulce...

Me too... at eight miles a day, lol.

Having been convinced that "unknowns" are A) real and B) complex, and having witnessed for yourself some paranormal phenomenon (if I may call it that), are there any opinions that you draw from your realm of research and experience that may lead you to conclude the two are connected in any way?

Sorry if the question is already been floated, I am a late comer to the thread and haven't digested it all.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

soulwaxer

JohnAlexander
reply to post by soulwaxer

and on the other hand you seem to be distrustful of anything that would incriminate your government.

I am actually quite distrustful of many things the USG has done. Like most Americans, I find the quality of our elected officials to be abysmal. I think several aspects are well out of control, from eavesdropping to the war on drugs, failure to hold banks and Wall Street accountable for the near collapse of the global economy and manyother things. It is not blind obedience to support the USG by any means. That said, having looked at the 9-11 CTs, they simply don't hold up

I fail to see what the Belgian government has to do with 9/11, nor where I alluded to anything that would or would not incriminate it. This tiny country is pretty much meaningless in the grand scheme of things and we are very much aware of that. What saddens me is that our government - along with the rest of European governments - blindly follows the US narrative on the 'War on Terror'. In the meantime, we are left having to take care of many of the refugees fleeing the war-torn countries in the Middle East and elsewhere.

When I ask your opinion on the official 9/11 narrative, you simply respond with your opinion on "the CTs" and how they don't hold up, i.e. you do not answer my question. I did not propose any specific CTs.
In addition, you ignore the fact that the official narrative is also a CT.

Maybe we are just dealing with a failure to communicate, whatever the cause may be. So I guess we'll just have to "agree to disagree".

Anyhow, I have no further questions for you.

Not sure how the Belgian government came into the conversation. I didn't mention it. Also think the GWOT went off the tracks some time ago. However, the "official narrative" is not a theory. We know who pulled that off.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   

JohnAlexander

TWILITE22

I hope your still answering questions:
I have been active duty spouse for the past 26 years,(USMC)
Christmas 2012 I went to the commissary on Parris Island after getting what I needed I had a bagger help me out with my groceries.(I know you have done this ) I placed a broken 20 on the seat of my truck (to tip bagger) I had put it under my purse.
I was right next to the drivers seat (maybe 2 ft from it?)the bagger was no where near it. I turned for 20 seconds tops to put 3 bags in the truck , I turned to get the tip money and it was gone! poof nowhere to be found ,and have never found it. I'm not one to make things up I'm a straight lace level headed person and I'm just looking for a plausible answer if there is one
It was the strangest thing that has ever happened to me.

my question is have you ever heard of this happening or has it happened to you before?

and thank you for your time...

Wow, that was some tip and would be appreciated as Commissary baggers work just for tips. Have heard of many things appearing and others disappearing spontaneously. Have no good explanation

Semper Fi

I read of a boy who brought into the house a five dollar bill and he laid it on the carpet. in a second it was gone.

I read of another account of a lady hanging up her wash on the clothesline and *on* the clothesline was hung her lost camera of like ten years ago and five house-moves ago! it still had the original film in it with a couple of her relatives pictures!

I read of a medium, who was told by her guide that she would receive a Chinese coin by Apport. she took a shower and she heard a clunk sound and on the stall floor was a Chinese coin!

I agree. this is why I scratch my head when someone , a scientist, writes about the need to "purify" science of all Things wo-wo [wu-wu??]!

someone wrote that a Real Scientist always keeps an open mind to *anything*. but many "scientists" are really only technicians. "Instrument error" they would call something that is outside of their "wagon train encamped around the campfire, circle"!

freestone

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Thank you, John, for all those answers to so many questions. I'm impressed with your capabilities in that respect.

My Question:

Regarding shamanism, both today and in the pre-historic past, I have become a fan of J.D. Lewis-Williams, Professor Emeritus at the Rock Art Research Institute, University of Wittwaterstrand, SA. His most famous book in that respect is 'The Mind in the Cave', published in 2002 by Thames and Hudson. Also, he co-authored 'San Spirituality' with D.G. Pearce (Altamira Press). Both are excellent.

Are you familiar with his work?

(post by katama removed for a manners violation)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   

scioto
Thanks for your time.

What is the question you would most liked to be asked during this session? (If not already addressed)

And what would be your answer?

Is dinner ready

& Yes

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   

intrptr

As for Schneider's assertion of fighting Grey's, I give that as much credibility as me leading a nuclear strike on them at Dulce...

Having been convinced that "unknowns" are A) real and B) complex, and having witnessed for yourself some paranormal phenomenon (if I may call it that), are there any opinions that you draw from your realm of research and experience that may lead you to conclude the two are connected in any way?

Sorry if the question is already been floated, I am a late comer to the thread and haven't digested it all.

For many years I have advocate for a "Step Back" conference in which observations from all of the fields were posted and then start doing macro-pattern analysis. I suspect there are many correlations.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by freestonew

someone wrote that a Real Scientist always keeps an open mind to *anything*.

There are very few scientists who are open to real phenomena. A big problem is maintaining their employment. and knowing if they go too far astray they will be chastised by their peers. Through in how science and politics have become mixed and the outlook is not good.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   

masqua
Thank you, John, for all those answers to so many questions. I'm impressed with your capabilities in that respect.

My Question:

Regarding shamanism, both today and in the pre-historic past, I have become a fan of J.D. Lewis-Williams, Professor Emeritus at the Rock Art Research Institute, University of Wittwaterstrand, SA. His most famous book in that respect is 'The Mind in the Cave', published in 2002 by Thames and Hudson. Also, he co-authored 'San Spirituality' with D.G. Pearce (Altamira Press). Both are excellent.

Are you familiar with his work?

Unfortunately no, but it sounds interesting. I'll check.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Bon appétit . Good reply

I would like to know what mystery you are pursing, at this time? What keeps you awake at nite?
And most of all I ask what answers have you found? Have you found any answers?

Sorry to many ? Couldn't help it

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   

JohnAlexander

intrptr

For many years I have advocate for a "Step Back" conference in which observations from all of the fields were posted and then start doing macro-pattern analysis. I suspect there are many correlations.

I really can see the benefits of something like that and it would bring a lot wonder and interest back into the sciences that seems to be really needed. To me it appears that their is a conscience or spiritual factor to all these phenomena. I think the whole idea of being afraid of the unknown is the key factor here.

Alan watt talks about the cosmic joker in a few lectures and I beilive if we did conduct this conference we would reveal part of the face of this joker.... Which would bring me much joy. Are you familiar with the late Alan Watt??

And what feild of science do you feel will bring us closer to our "true" destination? I would argue quantam pyhsics at this point.
edit on 1-10-2013 by CitizenJack because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join