It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Cover-up of the coming Mini Ice Age - Global Warming fails

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
If there is a mini-Ice Age, or a general Ice Age, that would kind of prove there was global warming before hand.

Things can't get cold if they didn't get hot first. Not only that, but the Earth makes changes based on variables, variables like atmospheric composition and temperature. It reacts to what's in the atmosphere, and the temperatures are a reflection things going on in it.

So...

Trying to prove global warming in this post?

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Slevinq

Sorry brother/sister but as i see it, no we are still in the throws of the last ice age, scientifically. Expect some diverse weather patterns. I would love to be wrong and personally believe no one has a clue but `scientifically` were still in the last ice age.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   
The question to ask about cooling trends is what triggers them, and what continues to sustain a 'triggered' cooling trend down to a more extreme colder climate globally that brings about an established mini ice age or a full on ice age?

Fresh water freezes easier than salt water, and therein lies the clue for trigger. A warming trend will melt vast quantities of freshwater ice which melts into the salt-rich seas, lowering the saline density. If there is no natural recuperation in salt richness, it will lead to larger ice cover as the seas freeze over easier and faster. The more ice cover will then contribute to the general downward cooling (by reflecting more sunlight back into space), blocking the natural mechanism for recuperation of salt density that would aid in blocking the growth of ice cover.

The battle between heating and cooling is a constant flux, but what obscures science's view for accurate assessment is the scale of the environment, and the amount of variables needed to be included in climate models.

I think the establishment of a mini ice age is the first necessity for the establishment of a full on ice age. The shift from a warm trend to a cooling trend is not sudden, but gradual and incremental with each passing year. A continued growth of ice cover would be a good indicator of a cooling trend, but not without throwing up a few false positives at first. Some years will show greater ice cover than others. Only when ice cover continues to grow with each passing year will the indicator be of a true and sustained cooling trend...leading perhaps, towards a mini ice age first, and then if conditions continued to flow downward, leading to a self-feeding mechanism, the establishment of a full on ice age.

No cooling trend can begin without a reduction in the intake of solar radiation, which is the climate paradox, all cooling trends are triggered by warming trends...a climate pendulum. For thousands of years a moderate global climate indicates natural mechanisms in place that regulate the climate pendulum to swing moderately, but if some event (such as more volcanic eruptions globally) were to increase heat into the global environment, it could lead to the inhibition or reduction in the efficacy of the natural regulating mechanisms, thus leading toward more ice melt, and more freshwater into the seas destabilising the salt density, and allowing larger areas of the seas to freeze over. This would then lead to more sunlight being reflected back into space, and the planet's heat retention being reduced, leading to a self-sustaining cooling trend.

The climate argument is about whether man's contribution of CO2 into the environment over the last few centuries has been sufficient enough to establish a warming trend, and thus contributing to the disruption of the moderate climate regulatory mechanisms?

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Well these folks will sure be happy to hear that we are entering another ice age. America's first climate refugees. Think it will start before they lose their homes?

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Slevinq

Science called and it wants its facts back please, given the almighty mess you've made of them.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 03:43 AM
link   

boncho
If there is a mini-Ice Age, or a general Ice Age, that would kind of prove there was global warming before hand.

Things can't get cold if they didn't get hot first. Not only that, but the Earth makes changes based on variables, variables like atmospheric composition and temperature. It reacts to what's in the atmosphere, and the temperatures are a reflection things going on in it.

So...

Trying to prove global warming in this post?

Hello mate,

The thing is that, yes, there is Global Warming. And no, it is not caused by humans, not by a long shot. It is a natural cyclical process. Actually, historically, CO2 levels come after the warming is present. Read the pravda.ru article, it is very educational.

And yes, you are right - Earth makes natural changes based on all the variables.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   

fenian8
reply to post by Slevinq

Sorry brother/sister but as i see it, no we are still in the throws of the last ice age, scientifically. Expect some diverse weather patterns. I would love to be wrong and personally believe no one has a clue but `scientifically` were still in the last ice age.

Yes, I know. That is what I said - depends how you look at it. An "Ice Age" is a cycle of Glaciation and Deglaciation or Inter-glaciation - same thing. We are in an Ice Age. However, we are at the end of the Inter Glacial period of an Ice age and are due for a Glaciation period. That is all I'm saying. All the data is there.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Slevinq

This was a very good read.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
Well these folks will sure be happy to hear that we are entering another ice age. America's first climate refugees. Think it will start before they lose their homes?

Logically. When a local areas has issues like this, is it more likely to global sea rise or local land settling? Why just this area and not others?

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
It is as if the world is already full of self proclaimed poker experts, but we have just sat down to the first game ever played and put in our chips. I do not think we have a good enough grasp on the true physics of this dynamic planet, and it will always surprise us when it decides to play.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join