It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about the Ouija board

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I have looked through all 71 pages of threads and looked through all the Ouija boards threads, but I still have not found a answer to my question. I know it may sound a little childish, but I have heard that once you burn a Ouija board that it screams, also I have heard if you hear the screams you die in 36 hours. I was wondering if there was any truth in those statements?

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Hogwolf: I think its a movie about a ring. I don't believe ouija boards or planchettes scream. Not that I have tried burning either.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 03:42 PM
link   
For the sake of discussion material here is some internet research: link

My favorite is this one (*caution: some objectionable language):
The curse of the Ouija Board

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   
if anyone did burn a board, would they still be around to tell? and what about those crappy commercial boards made by parker bros. (just throwing in a random name, not sure which game companyt makes 'em) ? Do they scream? And if they did, would they be saying stuff like "I thirty-six hours you will not pass go! You will not collect 200 dollars!" Just a thought.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Yes, my good friends friends older sisters 3rd cousin said it happened to her uncle back in the 70s. If you really want to know, you can buy one, send it to me, and I'll burn it and then piss on it and tell you what happens.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 10:19 PM
link   
From one who I'd met and discussed things that were considered gateways of evil, I was told that burning was the best way to be rid of them because even when they're thrown away they have a way of finding their way into other's hands. It's a good point. Sounds like this rumor would benefit those trying to preserve the boards. Servants of God are not supposed to be superstitious or fearful of such evils.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hogwolf
I have heard that once you burn a Ouija board that it screams, also I have heard if you hear the screams you die in 36 hours. I was wondering if there was any truth in those statements?

Back in the late 80's my brother was buggering around with one of those things and called up two not-so-nice entities. He came to me for help, since he knew that I was reasonably well-versed on such things. I told him what to do and he did it - The board did not scream, and he's still going strong almost 20 years afterwards.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Well never burned one ,but i think if you believe in something (like the bible tells us with enough faith/power) like superstition it can happen ,like walking under a ladder myth or seeing black cats ,problem is why do we believe in the wrong things (superstition) than rather to believe in the good?

I am sure if you believe you are gonna hear a scream,& die within 36 hrs if your belief is that you are gonna die it can happen,that is why we should not open those doors ,cause even if you don't die a real baddie can bother you cause you gave him/her the right by calling it up...don't even touch it nevermind burn it..but it is what is behind that closed door that makes a human tooooo curious ...just my simple opinion

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 12:54 AM
link   
the best way to get rid of an ouija is to bring it to a priest or just leave on the doorstep of a local church.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Ouja boards are dangerous and so is automatic writeing. That's when you let a spirit use your hand to write a message. Ghosts and spirits of good people aren't the only ones roaming around in the spiritual realm. There are some bad ones that would love to drive you to insanity if you let them in.
Good advice is just to burn it.

[edit on 17-11-2004 by elaine]

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Boy have I got a frigging true story about Ouija boards. We won't go there. I will say this though....In the right hands one can attract the wrong things. Nough said.

Regards,
TA

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I know there are blasting skeptics, but I'll follow-up with my own account if you hadn't read it before. I think it'll help Hogwolf too understand the device he's referring to.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 11:37 AM
link   
lol saint....

Let's just say that I prefer not to think about it, and having to put the thought into those memories would cause me undue stress. Sorry. Ain't gonna do it. I stay as far away as possible from those things.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I know the reaction well. Took me 15 years to write down my witnessings. I could talk about it now and then, but something happened with pen and paper that caused me to relive the experiences. After all said and done, I was surprised how photographic my memories were and relieved that I finally overcame the stigma. I'm still selective with my audiences though. *salute*

If you prefer U2U, I'm all ears however understand if not.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Well honestly, I prefer to channel my energies into more positive stuff, such as this:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Seek and ye shall... well, y'all know where I'm going.

new topics

top topics

join